IGNORED

10000 To Stay

Red Robin

LT was offered 10000 a week to stay at Swansea.

Christ we are paying him well or the lure of the championship was just to great.

cannot imagine we are paying any player 10000 a week.

This is the figure HUW JENKINS was prepaired to pay LT to stay.

No wonder LT said it was not about money it was his ambition to try himself in the championship.

• Admin
And a gentle half time smack to the first grouch bemoaning what a waste of money.

His only hope is that he is not a winger - boy does any player in that position get it from the stands.

....and he's never played for Yeovil, the other group who get it in the neck whether deserved or not.

He was never offered that money - their board said they discussed it and dismissed it as I understand from reports out of Swansea.

But I would think he is very close to that sort of money here anyway - somewhere between 7k - 9k maybe ?

I would say your estimate is about right, that's why I think it's a big risk.

If we have a repeat of last time we get promoted and go straight back down we're in trouble because with those sort of wages we wouldn't be able to find a buyer.

I don't think that's overly pessimistic, you have to plan for success but also leave room to cope with the worst. I can't see how we've done the latter really.

If we have a repeat of last time we get promoted and go straight back down we're in trouble because with those sort of wages we wouldn't be able to find a buyer.

I don't think that's overly pessimistic, you have to plan for success but also leave room to cope with the worst. I can't see how we've done the latter really.

I think realistically we`ve got a decent player for what is in this div a decent wage. If many of the posters here had got their way god knows what the wage bill would have been like let alone the transfer fees.

Only time will tell of course, but my confidence is growing with every passing day that we have the squad now to improve on our last visit here and ensure that we`ll be playing in the CCC next season too.

PDG

I think his image rights will more than compensate for the difference of 2 or 3 k a week becuase he's playing on the bigger stage, only today he reveiled his desire to play international football, this will enhance his reputation and blah blah blah more money, good for him, it shows inteligence and ambition.

Swansea were sooo desperate to keep him, they will struggle to fine another Trundle who scores for fun, for fun.

Gutted, ours now.

Image rights to what exactly? Trundle isn't getting endorsements from companies like Adidas or Gillette. He might have had some deal where he got some shirt sales money at Swansea but I rather suspect that pales into insignificance against wages.

I would think there will be a clause in his contract significantly reducing his wages if we go down. But equally, a massive bonus if we go up.

Do you think we have more chance of staying up with or without him?

I am led to believe that Mr LT is on £9000. a week.

He was on £4500 @ swansea but then had his image rights on top.

with city, his contract is a straight footy deal, no image rights included.

which leaves him on around the same sort of money he was on before.

cheers

:englandsmile4wf:

so what you're saying is then, that over the course of a year trundles merchandise sales will be 4.5k per week? he made no other money through footballing image rights last season.

Do you think we have more chance of staying up with or without him?

More chance with obviously.

Our choices were not limited to going into the new season with or without Lee Trundle for £1m and £9k a week though.

Do you think that this was the best signing we could have made given the risk involved?

I think we'd have been better off signing a younger player up front, possibly from abroad, and offsetting some of that risk a bit by the decent chance of selling the player on if the worst happened.

More chance with obviously.

Our choices were not limited to going into the new season with or without Lee Trundle for £1m and £9k a week though.

Do you think that this was the best signing we could have made given the risk involved?

I think we'd have been better off signing a younger player up front, possibly from abroad, and offsetting some of that risk a bit by the decent chance of selling the player on if the worst happened.

very well saying that mate and i agree with the sentiments but i cannot think of anybody, neither could gj and pj can you?

very well saying that mate and i agree with the sentiments but i cannot think of anybody, neither could gj and pj can you?

Well, other posters have given some examples before (so have I) and none of us are full time football scouts as far as I know.

Plenty of domestic players that I think would have been good acquisitions have moved already for smaller sums, like Leon Best, Karl Hawley, Darryl Duffy. Obviously we don't know whether we tried to get any of those or not. Then there are foreigners like Tsvetan Genkov and Łukasz Piszczek who've already moved but could have been attainable.

Here's a few that might be available for less than what we paid for Trundle:

Jermaine Beckford - Leeds

Dariusz Henderson - Watford

Jose Emilio Furtado - CSKA Sofia

Ionut Costinel Mazilu - Rapid Bucharest

Well, other posters have given some examples before (so have I) and none of us are full time football scouts as far as I know.

Plenty of domestic players that I think would have been good acquisitions have moved already for smaller sums, like Leon Best, Karl Hawley, Darryl Duffy. Obviously we don't know whether we tried to get any of those or not. Then there are foreigners like Tsvetan Genkov and Łukasz Piszczek who've already moved but could have been attainable.

i can't comment on both mazilu and genkov mate but of list of names there, not one would i have signed over trundle even if they were cheaper. it's all well saying get some young fereign player in on the cheap but the fact is that they'd have to settle in english football, let alone the division we're in. Then you have the risks of whether they'll settle in, will they miss home, do we know whether they will want to play for a 3rd rate english team etc etc. (before any one states we're in the championship and therefore 2nd rate, lets make sure we're here next year first eh? i think we will be). To be fair to you mate, and the other posters, there are 2 names on your list that i've never even heard of, for that i say fair shout to your player knowledge, did anybody think to alert the club to any of these players before the summer started? They do listen to suggestions. They have done in the past at least.

Have faith in Johnson, yes relegation is an issue, but i for one don't believe the R word is on Johnsons mind.......period. Out of your list i would probably only take Henderson at a push.

I reckon Trunds is going to have his best season yet, the lad seems very Hungary, and as quoted, he seems to have turned down more money to play in the CCC?

Image rights to what exactly? Trundle isn't getting endorsements from companies like Adidas or Gillette. He might have had some deal where he got some shirt sales money at Swansea but I rather suspect that pales into insignificance against wages.

I'm no expert Nibor, but its the right to some of profit the club makes directly as a result of his transfer here, this could be in shirt sales, extra media interest, and raising the clubs profile, which is impossible to put a monetary value on.

Its acknowledgement that the club recognizes the impact he may have on overall finances.

If City have a successful first half of a season, it will make for an interesting January transfer window.

Other players will demand higher wages and improved contracts. City will need near 20,000 gates every week to fund their wage bill. How much is McIndoe being paid?

I hope LT is a success. He seems a nice enough bloke and, if Rovers will be disappointed in City's success, that has to be a bonus. McIndoe can rot.

:

S

If City have a successful first half of a season, it will make for an interesting January transfer window.

Other players will demand higher wages and improved contracts. City will need near 20,000 gates every week to fund their wage bill. How much is McIndoe being paid?

I hope LT is a success. He seems a nice enough bloke and, if Rovers will be disappointed in City's success, that has to be a bonus. McIndoe can rot.

:

S

Eh? Why are you saying McIndoe can rot? What's the guy done?

I would think there will be a clause in his contract significantly reducing his wages if we go down. But equally, a massive bonus if we go up.

No problem with that either way.If we go up all the bonuses will be self funding.If we got relegated I couldn't see players like McIndoe, Trundle or Sproule staying.

Don't think either club confirmed he fee but still, it's in the same league as what we paid for Trundle with the difference being Henderson would hold some value for a few years.

Watford accepted their bid although with Nugent moving for £5m, plus other sales,PNE can afford it.

No problem with that either way.If we go up all the bonuses will be self funding.If we got relegated I couldn't see players like McIndoe, Trundle or Sproule staying.

Well according to some Trundle wouldn't be re sellable and we wouldnt tear up his contract, so going by that he would still be here even if we were in the Conference!

b***ocks aside, I don't think Trundle would be the type to demand a move if City were relegated and the club would certainly want to keep him. Cant say much about the other two mind you.

Archived