IGNORED

Fighting At Friendlies!

Port Said Red

I am in Nottingham (again!) and woke up to the local news showing fighting on the pitch after the Forest V County game last night.

It seems the idiots took advantage of the slightly relaxed security to run on the pitch and it got nasty.

I hope the "boys" wont be looking to out do the Little club up the road when we meet Swindon tonight. I think fighting over football matches is ridiculous at the best of times, but at a friendly seems the height of stupidity.

I'm surpised by that as I didnt realise there was any hatred between florist and county, and the fact that county have no boys.

Perhaps they were using it as their own warm up as they are playing Derby in the Brian Clough Charity trophy game tonight! :bonkers:

Not sure about that! Kicked off in the pub up the road from there ground a few years ago (the game goodfellow scored in last min)

Aye true. Every club has them I guess.

Apparently it was Florists younger lot that got on the pitch, probably trying to emulate Green Street and 20 or so County took offence and had a go back, no idea how old they were though.

It's hard to plan for the actions of 15 year old boys, be it a friendly or not. I don't think the clubs should be held to blame in all honesty.

A friends review of the incident....

Talk about a good 1st away game to take my nephews to.
The problems started walking over Trent Bridge - the same time as all the england fans emptied out of Trent Bridge pissed.
Then we got to Meadow Lane, stewarding was abysmal with one of them telling forest fans to go in the home ends to avoid queuing !, some cricket fans also decided to join in. There was an obvious glut of d1ckheads at one end of the kop - we went to the other side.
The game was OK but we appear to have kept back the entire first team for tonights game with Derby.
At the end we were surrounded by gobby yoofs taunting stewards - it was obviously going to be a pitch invasion. This happened on cue and me & Ali got the boys out before they saw too much. There was obviously something kicking off due to the amount of police screaming around outside on the way home. The boys picked up on it but didn't understand really.
I didn't see anything too bad, just a pitch invasion - it really was mostly kids though. BBC Nottingham were making out it was WW3.

What happened in the ground last night was childs play, a bunch of spotty wanna be hardmen ran on the pitch from the Florist end got to the half way line and then proceeded to retreat like the Italian army when 4 or 5 County ran back at them from the home end,apprently this went on for 10 mins or so.

Apprently the more serious fights happen outside the ground after.

What happened in the ground last night was childs play, a bunch of spotty wanna be hardmen ran on the pitch from the Florist end got to the half way line and then proceeded to retreat like the Italian army when 4 or 5 County ran back at them from the home end,apprently this went on for 10 mins or so.

Apprently the more serious fights happen outside the ground after.

Ha! Nothing like a spot of instant retribution.

Archived