IGNORED

Fox In The Box

ooRya

There have been a lot of calls on this forum for City to sign a quick "fox in the box" type of striker. But do we have one already?

Step forward............Scott Murray!

We know he can finish, and now that we have the wings covered I just have an idea that we might see Scotty taking this role in games to come.

Thoughts?

Could be a big player this season mate but in my opinion I think he'll figure more as a decent reserve player behind Sproule. He's never really been known as a forward although playing there on numerous occasions. He's a great bloke and a great ambassador for the club but I feel his 40games a season times are behind him now.

There have been a lot of calls on this forum for City to sign a quick "fox in the box" type of striker. But do we have one already?

We know he can finish, and now that we have the wings covered I just have an idea that we might see Scotty taking this role in games to come.

Thoughts?

Tried it on quite a few occassions, under different managers and it's failed.SM's best position is right wing or even right wing back, although Brian Wilson's best position could well be RWB.

I've seen SM right wing, left wing, right back, right wing back, in the hole or striker ever since John Ward signed him from Villa-He's a right winger.

I've seen Super Scotty play up front only a couple of times, he tended to drift out from position if i remember and didnt get shots on goal, i don't think he really enjoys it either, SM is much more happy dragging full back around or running at them, if i'm being honest, he would be wasted up front. :worship2:

Thoughts?

Good shout. He has had an excellent pre season so far, scoring 4 or 5 goals (i think) and had one disallowed last night. Granted its only pre season friendlies but it still breeds personal confidence that he can still put the ball in the back of the net.

Trundle looked good on Saturday, Jevo now has 2 in 2. Enoch's lost a bit of weight but still looks strong up front. McIndoe looked good against Yeovil. Sproule didnt get "time to shine" as he went off with a dead leg aget about 20 mins. We all know what are other players can do aswell so things could be looking good for the season.

Trundle looked good on Saturday, Jevo now has 2 in 2. Enoch's lost a bit of weight but still looks strong up front. McIndoe looked good against Yeovil. Sproule didnt get "time to shine" as he went off with a dead leg aget about 20 mins. We all know what are other players can do aswell so things could be looking good for the season.

forget Trundle looking good what about you!! you take a mean penalty.... Although it's a real shame you irnored the kids trying to get your autograph as you walk off the pitch :disapointed2se:

Has Gary been in touch regarding giving you a trial :whistle2:

Tried it on quite a few occassions, under different managers and it's failed.SM's best position is right wing or even right wing back, although Brian Wilson's best position could well be RWB.

I've seen SM right wing, left wing, right back, right wing back, in the hole or striker ever since John Ward signed him from Villa-He's a right winger.

You seen him pre season in this role at all?

He's looked very good so far.

Archived