IGNORED

If We Could Sign One Player

Bristol Boy

Kevin Phillips - he's got the same "fox in the box" instincts of Billy Sharp but he's already proven at Championship and Premiership level. Scored some really good goals for WBA last year, is still quite quick and seems to be reasonably injury free these days. He'd be a good foil for Trundle and provide us with the goals we'll need to ensure safety (or more).

Kevin Phillips - he's got the same "fox in the box" instincts of Billy Sharp but he's already proven at Championship and Premiership level. Scored some really good goals for WBA last year, is still quite quick and seems to be reasonably injury free these days. He'd be a good foil for Trundle and provide us with the goals we'll need to ensure safety (or more).

I think I would agree with you here. The way Trundle plays I think a player with a good footballing brain, like Trundle, would be the most effective way to create a partnership and bring the best out of the pair. Kevin Phillips has this ability and also has an eye for goal, undoubtedly, and i also believe he would use his experience and age for the better.

But, if I was after the pacey lad then obviously Billy Sharp would be a good choice. He and Lee Trundle would be a fantastic partnership, but would the lack of experience at this level let them both down?

Archived