IGNORED

Cole Skuse Doubters

howey_ducky

Guest ashtonyate
just so i can gloat at the end of the season when he proves you all wrong.

please leave your names on this post then it's easier for me to say, "i told you he'd come of age this year and make his mark at this level."

cheers lads.

Before you leave you comment on him remember he did commit himself to the club by signing a contract not like some of the young player. He is very young and does not deserve to be pilloried by so called fans on here.

Before you leave you comment on him remember he did commit himself to the club by signing a contract not like some of the young player. He is very young and does not deserve to be pilloried by so called fans on here.

I have to say I rarely agree with astonyate but the slating of Cole Skuse on here recently seems very unjustified. I hope Cole doesnt read this forum and have his confidence shattered.

I have to say I rarely agree with astonyate but the slating of Cole Skuse on here recently seems very unjustified. I hope Cole doesnt read this forum and have his confidence shattered.

Skuse does indeed read this forum and, for what it's worth, he could learn alot from the comments on here. Granted, a few of them have been uncalled for but at the end of the day everyone wants to see him do well and progress as a player with us. He's a very good reader of the game but needs to be a bit stronger in the tackle for me to become a midfield legend like Tommy Doc was IMHO.

Does that make me a doubter? :dunno:

Guest ashtonyate
Skuse does indeed read this forum and, for what it's worth, he could learn alot from the comments on here. Granted, a few of them have been uncalled for but at the end of the day everyone wants to see him do well and progress as a player with us. He's a very good reader of the game but needs to be a bit stronger in the tackle for me to become a midfield legend like Tommy Doc was IMHO.

I hope he got a bit more about him than Docherty He was just a thug and let the team down over and over by getting sent off. Sorry I know he has a lot of fan on here but not me

just so i can gloat at the end of the season when he proves you all wrong.

please leave your names on this post then it's easier for me to say, "i told you he'd come of age this year and make his mark at this level."

cheers lads.

its all very wrong how the site seems to be picking on a young talented footballer and it can demoralise the chappie if he reads the forum comments.However with the signings Gj has made and the rumours about him going to a premiership club I hope he stays and sticks his front two fingers up at the people who slagged him off and proves to be an asset to city in this coming season

I hope he got a bit more about him than Docherty He was just a thug and let the team down over and over by getting sent off. Sorry I know he has a lot of fan on here but not me

Doherty was a quality player, nobody can deny that. The partnership he had with Tinnion was the best in my living memory of following City. He only became a liability towards the end of his BCFC career.

Besides, my original point was that if Skuse got more physical in the tackle, he would become a similar City legend as the Doc, if not a bigger one because potentially he is a better player.

good god, Ashtonyate, are you feeling OK??????????????? Youve just been positive about an Academy product!! :blink: :blink:

Skuse has the nerve but his body lets him down sometimes- a little more meat on him and he could have a little more oomph in his tackles and he'd be able to hold the ball up better. Mind you, his tackles right now are a thing of mischievous beauty if he carries them out with 100% concentration...

I'd say I was a half-doubter.

Guest ashtonyate
good god, Ashtonyate, are you feeling OK??????????????? Youve just been positive about an Academy product!! :blink: :blink:

I fell positive about him because he has committed to the club most of the rest have bugger off

Agree with that Tin.

He's fitter and more athletic than Tommy D but does need to get his foot in more and better than he does. Tommy D would frighten opposition players with his physical presence on the pitch - I don't think Cole has the same effect and that's what he has to improve. At the moment he's too lightweight for CCC or premiership but I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong. P

Perhaps now having a direct competitor for his position will cause him to raise his game this season?

Agree with that Tin.

He's fitter and more athletic than Tommy D but does need to get his foot in more and better than he does. Tommy D would frighten opposition players with his physical presence on the pitch - I don't think Cole has the same effect and that's what he has to improve. At the moment he's too lightweight for CCC or premiership but I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong. P

Perhaps now having a direct competitor for his position will cause him to raise his game this season?

tin,

I also meant to add that Tommy D was not a midfield legend, as his lack of personal self discipline let him down too often ( smoking, drinking and general fitness). The midfield legend you are looking for, and the role model Cole Skuse should aim for, is Gerry Gow.If he gets even 80% there then we will have one hell of a player

tin,

I also meant to add that Tommy D was not a midfield legend, as his lack of personal self discipline let him down too often ( smoking, drinking and general fitness). The midfield legend you are looking for, and the role model Cole Skuse should aim for, is Gerry Gow.If he gets even 80% there then we will have one hell of a player

Not likely. Thing is with players like Gow, Tommy and Hunter too, it`s a mindset. You`ve either got or you havn`t. It`s not something you can coach into a player.

PDG

How do you kmow Cole reads this forum? tell me you haven't asked him.....!

tin,

That may very well be true but as I said in my original post, my opinion was based on what I have witnessed. I've followed City since 1992 so wasn't fortunate enough to have seen Gerry Gow which is a shame because I love those sort of players.

How do you kmow Cole reads this forum? tell me you haven't asked him.....!

Nope, I haven't asked him. Only met him once when he sat with me and Walshy watching the reserves at Clevedon a few seasons ago. I know he reads this forum quite alot because I'm good friends with PhatWill and he knows the Skuse family well.

Add me to the list of doubters.

Last night he didn't disappoint again. Had two stabs at a shot on goal, both pathetic and show that he has no actual technique to hit the ball with any power at all. The second time he gives the ball to the opposition player and the first thing he does is re-arrange his socks and then meander back as the opposition are on the attack. That is typical Skuse and I can remember a fair few goals that have been let in from similar scenarios.

Archived