IGNORED

City Spending Spree Not Over Yet?...

Dolman Block B

Johnson,s summer spending spree is NOT yet over!!!!

Wolves raider Jemal Johnson and Liverpool youngster Besian Idrizaj are linked to the club.

Johnson admits he would like one more.

Not sure if this will happen before Aug 11th, but perhaps by Sept 1st when the transfer window closes...

Discuss!

GJ said in a radio interview yesterday (or Monday) that, although he has watched Idrizaj, he would not be signing him at this present time.

Fair play.

This is gossip spread all over the back page of this morning,s W.D.P so take it as bull then :innocent06:

Maybe not bull, probably a case of them being a day or 2 behind after getting their info from here as usual!

"I want one more"

Obviously the World interview is edited but I don't remember him saying that.It was "We might need, one or two more in terms of numbers"

Good that he discussed the Liverpool kid and said no because that at least ends that piece of speculation.

He did say that the numbers were a bit low but, for me, the two most revealing things in the interview were his comments about a squad of 28 but how many are ready for the CCC week in, week out (Artus, Plummer, JMW, Wilson J,Robiero & Slocombe get ready for reserve football,subs or loans) and his comment about Sept 1st-which may mean that he thinks it'll take longer than the next 10 days to get his man.

Also glad to hear him re-afirm the mantra about being better or as good as what we've got-although slightly different with the "as good as" bit still, in fairness with four of the five signings, the standard should have gone up!

Isnt that liverpool youngster a winger too? have we not got enough? murray sproule mcindoe betsy JMW wilson i think we are covered in the wide areas

I'm pretty sure it'll be a striker and a pacy one.

That confirms for me that Brooker, ES & PJ will be 3, 4 & 5 in no particular order unless SB shakes off this injury and gets back to his best.

TP & JMW will go out on loan barring injuries.

If we've no major fitness problams up front, then one will be sold.

You're right about the wide areas and once again if our fitness holds up I'd expect one departure there, plus one central defender.

Archived