IGNORED

So, Who's The Striker Then?

Bristol Boy

I think GJ's got his squad in place for the start of the season now but if I had to get anyone down here then I'd be in for Danny Webber like a shot from Sheff Utd on a two-year deal. Easily good enough for 15+ Championship goals and seemingly out of favour at Bramall Lane...

Jemal Johnson would be quality!was really impressed by him last season for Wolves!

Can't comment on how good the lad is as I have never seen him play, knew he was highly thought of as a youngster at Blackburn.

But you say "was really impressed by him last season for Wolves!"...

Really?

3 goal in the 24 appearances followed by a spat with a fellow team mate which led to him being transfer listed, he then spent the final three months of the season on loan at Leeds playing only five times and not scoring.

Hardly impressive, in fact I would say that was fairly dissastrous. :noexpression: But hey everyone has there own opinion.

I was chatting to one of mates yesterday and he heard we were in for Riordan. Would be a great siging if we did, scoring for fun with Celtic but for some reason and nobody can understand but Strachan does not seem to like the boy.

Would be a fantastic signing, with Hesselink, McDonald, Killen, Żurawski, Kenny Miller, Aiden McGeady already there and maybe Naismith or Shaun Maloney joining the club, there is a good chance he may be available at a reasonable fee, all we would need is to sell the Scottish link e.g. Murray, McIndoe, McCallister, Johnson, Sproule.

I was chatting to one of mates yesterday and he heard we were in for Riordan. Would be a great siging if we did, scoring for fun with Celtic but for some reason and nobody can understand but Strachan does not seem to like the boy.

This was on the BBC site this morning.

"Celtic striker Derek Riordan may return to Hibs on loan if the Scottish champions sign Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith." (Scottish Daily Express)

Looks like he's available so would a move to BCFC be more attractive that a loan move, even if it is to his old club?

all we would need is to sell the Scottish link e.g. Murray, McIndoe, McCallister, Johnson, Sproule.

Ivan is from Northern Ireland. Infact, while we're on the subject Lee Johnson is from Newmarket

What I meant by that was though both are not Scottish these two players had played in the SPL and also lived in the same city as Riordan, plus I think Sproule may have also played along side him at Hibs.

This was on the BBC site this morning.

"Celtic striker Derek Riordan may return to Hibs on loan if the Scottish champions sign Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith." (Scottish Daily Express)

Looks like he's available so would a move to BCFC be more attractive that a loan move, even if it is to his old club?

He and Brooker could form a formidable 'partnership':

http://www.guideandgazette.co.uk/template/...ticleid=2983789

Richard Cresswell or Tore Andre Flo from Leeds.

Edit: Just saw that Cresswell has signed for Stoke on sky sports news.

Villa have cancelled Eric Djemba Djembas contract though, he was on loan at Burnley last season. Midfielder I know, but would be a decent signing. Sod the wages......

Archived