IGNORED

Pod Ticket Prices

Portishead Red

Whats everybodys opinion on this seasons pay on the day/advance ticket prices?

I've got friends comming down from oop north at the weekend and i said i'd take them to watch the best and only team in the south west.....until i priced it up! £30 each to sit in the Dolman if they pay on the day.

This to me seems hellishly expensive for championship football, whats your opinion on this guys n gals?

Whats everybodys opinion on this seasons pay on the day/advance ticket prices?

I've got friends comming down from oop north at the weekend and i said i'd take them to watch the best and only team in the south west.....until i priced it up! £30 each to sit in the Dolman if they pay on the day.

This to me seems hellishly expensive for championship football, whats your opinion on this guys n gals?

Pay up or go down the downs and watch football

When we've finished with the signings, I going to do something about this on the ST site.

I suppose there's a trade off-not forgetting that ST's went up 30% as well.

We've probably spent £2/2.5m on players-More accurately-commited to spend, because for example LT's £1m is over 3/4 installments.

We get about £1m from Sky & about £900k from the Premier Gift so that's about £1.9m.

It's nigh on impossible to work out the money from the ST's because we don't which seats in which stand and to whom they've been sold.That being said, let's say 9,200 (inc Prem Club because that'll get the average up) @ £300-VAT = £255ea then split it 70/30 adults to concessions =6,440 Adults + 2,760 Concesions.

My ticket in The Dolman costs £455 or £387.23 Ex Vat.

6,440 x £255 + 2,760 at say £150ea

£414,000 + £1,642,200 = £2m appx.

That's a total income of about £4m before anyone pays on the day against a wage bill that SL reckoned would be about £5m (Based on 100% increase which seems very high) & Transfers of £2.5m/3m by the time we're done unless GJ's got a whopper up his sleeve...........er,so to speak :blush:

That means POD inc away fans will need to come up with about £3-4m for us to break even.

Sooooo

If we sold out every week and the capacity was 19,000, @ £23per seat all of which are highly unlikely that would be £5.184m for the season.

Half that and we'll be very lucky barring cup runs and additional TV Income to break even.

Of course if we get promoted that's worth £60m-so all the above plus clauses, bonuses all pale into insignificance and are all self financing.

Happy Days-And please be gentle because this is a random guesstimate as I do not profess to know. :surrender:

...harsh but fair.

Like the club, the prices HAVE GONE up.

Please, please, get over it. NOTHING we can say will change it, so sorry but it doesn't matter what we think.

10k STs, a full advertiser roster. Sponsors all over the place. Sold out premier seats at over £1000 a seat a year plus share of 1/4ly share of the £500 signing on fee. Sextone is literally swimming in revenue right now, like it or not. Therefore in the eyes of the dual businesses of BCFC and Ashton Gate he is doing his job properly.

If the ground is empty next season, or struggles around the 13k mark the sponsors will desert, the prices will go down again, as most likely will the club and everyone will learn a lesson. CS will be fired, most likely.

Bristol is the fourth richest city in Europe or something crazy like that, by income per person and so in theory has the spending power to sustain such rises.

Supply and demand. Feelings don't come into it.

"oh but what about the fans who got us where we are today"

We will see them in droves if the club starts to win. if they lose they will have every right to turn their back on the club and criticise this current management team until their dying day.

The world we know is run by accountants, and SL/CS are no exception. Try and fight this if you like, but destroy Sextone and another one will merely rise in his place!

...harsh but fair.

Like the club, the prices HAVE GONE up.

Please, please, get over it. NOTHING we can say will change it, so sorry but it doesn't matter what we think.

10k STs, a full advertiser roster. Sponsors all over the place. Sold out premier seats at over £1000 a seat a year plus share of 1/4ly share of the £500 signing on fee. Sextone is literally swimming in revenue right now, like it or not. Therefore in the eyes of the dual businesses of BCFC and Ashton Gate he is doing his job properly.

If the ground is empty next season, or struggles around the 13k mark the sponsors will desert, the prices will go down again, as most likely will the club and everyone will learn a lesson. CS will be fired, most likely.

Bristol is the fourth richest city in Europe or something crazy like that, by income per person and so in theory has the spending power to sustain such rises.

Supply and demand. Feelings don't come into it.

"oh but what about the fans who got us where we are today"

We will see them in droves if the club starts to win. if they lose they will have every right to turn their back on the club and criticise this current management team until their dying day.

The world we know is run by accountants, and SL/CS are no exception. Try and fight this if you like, but destroy Sextone and another one will merely rise in his place!

City do not have 10,000 season ticket holders yet and have not sold out the premier club.

Feelings always come into football it is what is about not spread sheets.

The game at out level should be about getting as many supporters in as possible not putting them off with massive rises.

10k STs,

Not yet

a full advertiser roster. Sponsors all over the place. Sold out premier seats at over £1000 a seat a year plus share of 1/4ly share of the £500 signing on fee.

I'm not calling you a liar, but are you sure about all the above? For example, I think it would have been all over the website if we'd hit 10,000 or if The Prem and/or Presidents Club would have sold out.

Sextone is literally swimming in revenue right now, like it or not. Therefore in the eyes of the dual businesses of BCFC and Ashton Gate he is doing his job properly.

Good point but the club will do well to remember the emotions involved in football because they will directly effect financial aspects in a way they won't in other businesses

City do not have 10,000 season ticket holders yet and have not sold out the premier club.

Feelings always come into football it is what is about not spread sheets.

The game at out level should be about getting as many supporters in as possible not putting them off with massive rises.

Don't mean to argue with you but yes they have on both counts. OK STs are 9500 or whatever but you can round it up. Prem seats are sold, give or take 3 or 4 odd seats on their own. And also your last point is your opinion but not mine. 'our level' or otherwise it's about making enough money to sustain yourself. numbers of fans is merely a tactical mechanism to acheive that strategic objective. Your sentence perhaps should read, "as many high spending supporters as possible" - ever been to Emirates stadium? Stamford Bridge? Man U? High prices = rich fans, also you are never more than about 10 feet away from a bar or restaurant; i.e. a place to spend more of your money.

here's how it goes:

Problem: Spend per head is too low

Solution: Need richer fans

Action: Price poor fans out, replace with rich fans, perhaps make seats a bit nicer so keep their bums nice and soft

Result: Spend per head rises

Potential risk: Too many losses, rich fans drift away, no fans left

Risk mitigation: Win as many games as possible, buy some more players

etc etc

yes football is an emotional place, but I am sorry to disagree with you on your second point. Feelings do indeed come into it, but feelings don't pay the bills. you need money for that.

"I'm not calling you a liar, but are you sure about all the above? For example, I think it would have been all over the website if we'd hit 10,000 or if The Prem and/or Presidents Club would have sold out."

Yep. having enquired about 4 seats together for my business. And they didn't have any left only a couple of twos together and the odd one here and there. Apparently they were sold out in feb, then had a few more squeezed in which have nearly all sold out in the last few days since Trundle trundled in. No idea about the presidents club. I think they just take the money for that and never close it as it is bloody expensive and makes no commercial sense whatsoever.

I have seen with my own eyes their sales board in the commercial office and how much "inventory" is spoken for already. Amazing when the season hasn't even started.

With all of this I guess I need to be careful with my replies that I am not seen as taking the clubs side as I have no insider connection or wish to antagonise anyone. It just frustrates me when I hear "the club owes me for my 200 years of support etc etc".

I run a business and we go after people with the cash to spend; we're not doing it for a laugh or to get to heaven, its all about profit and growth and to be frank ###### everything else as long as those that spend the money with us are delighted with our products and services and tell other people about us. Not pretty or nice but I have seen the wrong side of a bank manager and taxman and believe me they can be pretty terrible unforgiving c**ts when they have to be.

This club has gone bust already in fairly recent memory and I would imagine they really don't fancy doing that again. We are now competing with clubs week in week out who have just received millions and millions in premiership parachute payments. its a brave new world for us, and the world is a lot different than the last time we went up.

And to be really harsh, if you are looking really truly looking for loyalty, get a dog.

Don't mean to argue with you but yes they have on both counts. OK STs are 9500 or whatever but you can round it up. Prem seats are sold, give or take 3 or 4 odd seats on their own. And also your last point is your opinion but not mine. 'our level' or otherwise it's about making enough money to sustain yourself. numbers of fans is merely a tactical mechanism to acheive that strategic objective. Your sentence perhaps should read, "as many high spending supporters as possible" - ever been to Emirates stadium? Stamford Bridge? Man U? High prices = rich fans, also you are never more than about 10 feet away from a bar or restaurant; i.e. a place to spend more of your money.

here's how it goes:

Problem: Spend per head is too low

Solution: Need richer fans

Action: Price poor fans out, replace with rich fans, perhaps make seats a bit nicer so keep their bums nice and soft

Result: Spend per head rises

Potential risk: Too many losses, rich fans drift away, no fans left

Risk mitigation: Win as many games as possible, buy some more players

etc etc

yes football is an emotional place, but I am sorryto disagree with you on your second point. Feelings do indeed come into it, but feelings don't pay the bills. you need money for that.

So the seats are not sold out and City do not have 10000 season ticket holders at all.

Feelings do come into it otherwise we would watch somebody else.

Football to me is about fans sorry for such a outdated idea but it is about including those on lesser wages and having some social responsibilty to a wider community who may not be high wage earners.

From what i have heard i do not want to experience an "Emirates experience".

Problem; gates are low and will be for a championship side & season ticket sales have not hit the club have stated they will.

Solution: Reward loyalty, attract those like me who can't go that often because i can't afford it for the whole family, fill the bloody seats first with those who undertsand the ball is round and who will in turn but a pie unlike the thousands of empty seats City will get and the still yet to be realised new fans awash with money the club have yet to attract.

I cannot even begin to work out the finances or estimate some of the numbers some of you have quoted.

IMHO the first game in the Championship after an eight year struggle, with possibly 4 new signings on show against QPR, would have to be a nailed on sell-out crowd. If for some reason this doesn't happen then I think whoever is responsible for the prices at AG has got it wrong.

If this is the case, barring us being at the top, I see no reason why it would change over the season unless we see all the gimmicks come out again, quid a kid, 3 for £50 etc. Do you think the first game back should be a sell out?

Archived