IGNORED

Brian Wilson

DC Red

Just seen the BCFC World Interview and...

Well, obviously, the interview, obviously was obviously very interesting, obviously...

I managed to count 28 "obviously's" from Brian in the interview with a few good "basically's" in there too. He even got the interviewer doing it towards the end. I know they are footballers and that is what they are paid to do so interview technique is not vital, but some interview training for some of them would be useful and may well help them in their career, and more importantly help them once their career is over. It is interesting to note that older players tend to give better interviews, which is understandable given the practice they have had.

I know players have the "y'knows", etc (Richard Keogh anyone).

Does anyone remember any other classics?

Just seen the BCFC World Interview and...

Well, obviously, the interview, obviously was obviously very interesting, obviously...

I managed to count 28 "obviously's" from Brian in the interview with a few good "basically's" in there too. He even got the interviewer doing it towards the end. I know they are footballers and that is what they are paid to do so interview technique is not vital, but some interview training for some of them would be useful and may well help them in their career, and more importantly help them once their career is over. It is interesting to note that older players tend to give better interviews, which is understandable given the practice they have had.

I know players have the "y'knows", etc (Richard Keogh anyone).

Does anyone remember any other classics?

I put a thread on here yesterday bout Trundle being on Talk Sport - he said y'know about 50 times in 5 mins....it was getting a bit embarrassing come the end...!

In George Best's biography he tells how footballers lack the interpersonal skills to do all but the smallest everyday task outside of football. Especially at the highest level, where they have entourages from the age of 18 or younger, he says, they lack real world experience to even book an airline ticket over the telephone, change a tyre or hold an intelligent conversation without resorting to knee-jerk phrases.

The situation is compounded once they leave the game, which is why so many of them end up drinking etc. He should know, I guess.

Archived