IGNORED

Signings ! Any More ?

westonred

It is amazing to think that only a fortnight or so ago there was mass panic and hysteria on here regarding lack of signings. Johnson didn't know what he was doing and Lansdown was a tight fisted ba$tard according to some. In fairness, Johnson said all along that he had targets lined up but that it would take time to get them - and presumably Trundle, Elliott and Vasko were being lined up as he was speaking. Whether these players turn out to be good enough will only be found out as the season progresses but I think we have to say that the club has shown enough ambition with these transfer dealings to satisfy all but the likes of Ashtonyate and his ilk. Six new signings, five of whom are ready for first team football, tells me that Johnson knew the limitations of his squad all along, had his finger on the pulse and acted decisively, if not as swiftly as we had hoped!!

and presumably Trundle, Elliott and Vasko were being lined up as he was speaking.

Trundle and Elliott, yes, but it somewhat seems like Vasko was more of a quick deal, he was spotted at Southampton, and when they opted not to take him we jumped in. Could be wrong, but seems thats more like what happend with him rather then us having been working at him all summer.

Trundle and Elliott, yes, but it somewhat seems like Vasko was more of a quick deal, he was spotted at Southampton, and when they opted not to take him we jumped in. Could be wrong, but seems thats more like what happend with him rather then us having been working at him all summer.

Johnson must have known of him as he had been on tour with southampton to norway or somewhere, but we quickly put a deal on the table, fair play GJ! I was only saying the other day I think we may need a centre half, glad we have one, (captain at his club to. cant be bad)

Archived