IGNORED

West Brom V Bristol City Boxing Day

bez

Guest ashtonyate
what with 9000 plus season ticket holders how many away tickets will we be allowed and will this be a first come first served basis for us on the phones? :phone:

When we were in the first division that was nearly always the boxing day match I remember going up when the motor way had only one lane open until Gloucester because of snow.

When we were in the first division that was nearly always the boxing day match I remember going up when the motor way had only one lane open until Gloucester because of snow.

I remember that one although I wasn't going to the game or at the game, we were going up the M4 (one lane open too). They announced on Radio 2 (before radio 5 was invented) that as it was the only game left on in the top flight due to the snow and so they'd have commentary on the whole game! We pulled in for petrol at Heston 10 minutes before the game started and as we pulled away from filling up the game was entering injury time; nearly 2 hours to fill the tank!

Hmm snow is pretty bad but what about the Boxing Day match at the Hawthorns when Matt Bryants (Ithink it was him) pass back was misskicked by keith Welch and it trickled in..... we lost one nil, I was only about 9 but I still have nightmares about that game....

It was Stuart Munro. Back pass to Welch and it bobbled over his foot when he tried to clear it. :ranting:

I seem to recall Keith Welch conceding through his legs up there about ten years ago, and then Lee 'Jailbird' Hughes scoring in the 99th minute last time we were in the CCC - it just ain't a happy hunting ground for us.

Testimatanu and Mickey Bell both breaking legs i seem to remember aswell, that game was a ngihtmare, their two goals was the 91st and the 98th minute.

and then Lee 'Jailbird' Hughes scoring in the 99th minute last time we were in the CCC - it just ain't a happy hunting ground for us.

I was their at that game to, an "unforgettable" day I have to say. 1-0 down, got it back so we were 2-1 up, Akinbyi grabbing the second in about the 81st minute.....I was gutted when Hughes popped up in what felt like the 199th minute of time added on!!

That game was more memorable for the :boxing: at half time though

How about the game back in the late 70s when we were in the old Div 1. It was just about the only game in the country still on due to bad weather and City in their wisdom, tried out a new type of boot, with pimples instead of studs, especially for icy pitches. I remember our lads sliding all over the place and getting beat about 4-0.

what with 9000 plus season ticket holders how many away tickets will we be allowed and will this be a first come first served basis for us on the phones? :phone:

The Internet Football Ground Guide lists WBA away section as 3000 seats (increased to 5200 for cup games if required).

I would expect WBA to sell all their home seats (Ground holds 28000 less City allocation of 3000 = 25000 home fans) on a Boxing Day so 3000 it will be.

I expect it will be - as you say - a case of the first 3000 to get through - 1 tkt per S/T holder.

We will sell out I'm sure.

CR

Archived