IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

Taz

In one word, superb. Was never afraid to get stuck in, passing looked good, did well defensively and got forward on a few occasions as well.

Personally I thought he reminded me of Tommy D, but fitter and quicker.

Was very very impressed with him today, and if he can keep that up, Skuse is going to have to settle for a place on the bench.

Vaskas also looked quite good, despite nearly scoring an own goal (superb stop from Basso).

Again though, defensively we look a bit all over the place at times, but going forward not a problem.

In one word, superb. Was never afraid to get stuck in, passing looked good, did well defensively and got forward on a few occasions as well.

Was very very impressed with him today, and if he can keep that up, Skuse is going to have to settle for a place on the bench.

Vaskas also looked quite good, despite nearly scoring an own goal (superb stop from Basso).

Again though, defensively we look a bit all over the place at times, but going forward not a problem.

Gla to hear that about elliott, ive never been a skuse fan. elliott looks like a proper tackling midfielder big, athletic, aggressive.

To me skuse looks like a tramp off the street and plays like 1

marvin elliot looks brilliant but looks like more of a box to box player, like he said he was!!!

tough tackling box to box hard working midfielder, but with him anfd johnson in the middle it leaves no cover at the back! we look week defending without cole skuse holding in there! there are too many gaps that shouldnt be there!

tough choices for gary johnson!!!

Have to agree, Elliot was fantastic today, thought Betsy looked good as well. Trundle had a couple of good chances, looking to him to score some of them though but overall I think it was a average performance to be honest. I think that our defence will have to be a lot sharper then that next Saturday if we are to come away with a win from that match. By the way, anyone know where Noble is? I'm guessing he's injured but not quite sure.

Elliot was superb,he will be a real crowd favourite. But i have to disagree about Enoch, except for one good run i thought he was very quiet.

Betsy looked very sharp when he came on as well.

Hey Bill, that must be the first time I've agreed with you! :hug:

Can't understand for one moment why Elliott reminded you of Tommy, nothing like him!! (and by that I mean his style of play, not looks!!!)

However I will say, he did get stuck in (without jumping in) and used to height, strength, and power to good effect. He'll never be a flashy footballer, but he does the workmanship stuff for the team, which is exactly what we need when playing with wingers.

Well played Marv, keep up the good work.

Have to agree, Elliot was fantastic today, thought Betsy looked good as well. Trundle had a couple of good chances, looking to him to score some of them though but overall I think it was a average performance to be honest. I think that our defence will have to be a lot sharper then that next Saturday if we are to come away with a win from that match. By the way, anyone know where Noble is? I'm guessing he's injured but not quite sure.

noble was there in the williams stand. so was mccombe ( shins )

noble was groin i think

Can't understand for one moment why Elliott reminded you of Tommy, nothing like him!! (and by that I mean his style of play, not looks!!!)

However I will say, he did get stuck in (without jumping in) and used to height, strength, and power to good effect. He'll never be a flashy footballer, but he does the workmanship stuff for the team, which is exactly what we need when playing with wingers.

Well played Marv, keep up the good work.

Totally agree, Marvin acually made an effort wheras Tommy lived off his cult status.

Thought Vasko was ok, not as good as some have made out, of course he's only been here two days so has plenty of time to improve, heading was fine but on the floor he was a little uncomfortable.

and used to height, strength, and power to good effect. He'll never be a flashy footballer, but he does the workmanship stuff for the team,

Now explain what Tommy use to do (apart from drinking and smoking :P )

Thought he was quality aswell. Vieira type of player. Gets stuck in very energetic doubt he will score many but is exatly what he need. Won the ball so many times today and really bosed the midfield won more tackles than Suse has all pre-season in one game!

I think a few of the bournmouth players will remember his name as well ! I think the difference between him and skuse is that he does a lot more chasing after the ball, while skuse sits back more. skuse is still a good footballer though and i think he showed there's more to his game than sitting back and defending. still cant shoot though.

and used to height, strength, and power to good effect. He'll never be a flashy footballer, but he does the workmanship stuff for the team,

Now explain what Tommy use to do (apart from drinking and smoking :P )

I think Roy Keane and Patrick Viera used to use their height, strength and power to good effect, but they didn't remind me of Tommy either. Just because a player uses those attributes it doesnt mean that every City fan then likens him to Tommy again!!

Archived