IGNORED

Gj Admitted Fault For Defence Today

SUPER REDS

GJ admitted to the mistakes in the first half were down to him asking Louis and the new guy to mark man to man picking up one player and both got in a mix up with it second half zone marking and they looked for more confortable,what ever system lets just get it right from the start next weekend

The problem today was that the little lad Kuffour was deliberately moving on to the Eastern European giant which caused no end of problems in the first half as GJ said. You have to make allowances for the fact that the guy has had one training session with us only and knows absolutely nobody in the squad. The pleasing aspect though was that Basso only had one save of any note to make second half.

I thought that, although there is still plenty of room for improvement, you could tell we were the Championship side in the second half.

The key issue with zonal marking is that you pick up the forward in your zone and I'm more concerned that a 6' 5" giant was beaten in the air on one or two occassions by Kuffour who's about 5' 8".

He didn't dominate enough for me and didn't look as tough in the tackle as Elliott-Early days and he looks well balanced and OK technically, but English centre halves need that physical edge & power.

i hate zonal marking and to many goals are conceded this way. standing in a particular zone gives the attackers the chance to run on to corners/free-kicks.

man to man marking is simple, thats who your marking, don't let him win the ball. more often than not you will clear any danger. if your unable to mark man to man, i would really question why they are professional footballers as this is one of the first things you learn.

suppose it was down to it being the first game they have played together at the back and with the game tonight and a weeks worth of training, it gives gary time to sort things out.

Guest ashtonyate
GJ admitted to the mistakes in the first half were down to him asking Louis and the new guy to mark man to man picking up one player and both got in a mix up with it second half zone marking and they looked for more confortable,what ever system lets just get it right from the start next weekend

That's good of him, But this is the reason you try to assemble the team before the start of the pre season training not a week from the start of the season???.

That's good of him, But this is the reason you try to assemble the team before the start of the pre season training not a week from the start of the season???.

He did, then we lost our key defender before it. In the circumstances wasn't it better it happened on Saturday?

Are you coming next Saturday AY?

Guest ashtonyate
He did, then we lost our key defender before it. In the circumstances wasn't it better it happened on Saturday?

Are you coming next Saturday AY?

Well it was obvious that we were under strength in that position if we needed to rush out and cover him?? it was as well it happened now not when the window had closed.

Yes if I can get my tickets I ordered mine in June as long as I get them before Saturday, City like this last minute thing but seriously what do you do if they don't come can you still get in.

Well it was obvious that we were under strength in that position if we needed to rush out and cover him?? it was as well it happened now not when the window had closed.

Yes if I can get my tickets I ordered mine in June as long as I get them before Saturday, City like this last minute thing but seriously what do you do if they don't come can you still get in.

Hopefully everyone else can, but to quote a TV add..........YOU'RE BARRED!!

Well it was obvious that we were under strength in that position if we needed to rush out and cover him??

Keogh was already ample cover. We bought in cover to cover the cover. (in case Keogh now gets injured.... because then we would be stuffed)

Is there anything you are positive about this coming season, other than the prospect of defeat?

Guest ashtonyate
Keogh was already ample cover. We bought in cover to cover the cover. (in case Keogh now gets injured.... because then we would be stuffed)

Is there anything you are positive about this coming season, other than the prospect of defeat?

So we better get another player in to cover the cover the cover but I don't think we did have someone to replace Mccome, Keogh and Fortune would be OK for a game or two but they are not the same as Jamie.

If I am being honest I don't know what to expect there are two many unanswered questions, we have a squad of players who are Championship virgins a couple have had a few fumbles but no real penetration if you see what i mean.

Really the preseasons friendlies even though I have not watch them don't give much to go on, I just hope I am wrong if we can stay up I think Johnson will start to get a squad together and move up the leagues in the next few years.

I am very disappointed we have not signed a strong target man up front, having watch us last season it should how poor we were upfront and he would have been my first priority and for me he will be a key pointer in us staying up.

My prediction bottom 6

Guest ashtonyate
Now, there's a surprise!

Well that's what i think taking ever thing into account and in truth most of the more level head fan would agree. Well lets have your assessment on things big boy

Archived