IGNORED

City 2 V 2 Bournemouth

Bristol Boy

Disagree with your comment on Betsy. His back heel to Trundle and his cross to Jevons was end product in my book. Other than that, the standard of our crossing over the ninety was abysmal.

Jevons should have done far better with his header from KB's cross and possibly get on the end of McIndoe's knock down from LT's cross.It all points to a finisher with some pace playing next to LT.

By end product I meant goals but, as you say, that wasn't necessarily down to KB alone.

You're not gunning for Nathan Jones' job by any chance BB?

I didn't go today as I've already done two pre-season games with a third to come at WSM on Monday but it is a concern at the amount of goals we seem to shipping. Considering this was the cornerstone of our success last term, it sounds like we seriously need to get back to basics on that front.

Elliott sounds good but is he predominantly an out-and-out defensive midfielder or more of a combative, all action player? Sounds like the latter to me.

It'll be interesting to see how GJ lines up in seven days time. I agree with you that Keogh should start alongside Carey. Although 4-5-1 does fit, I'm not sure that's the way we should approach the opening game against one of the more beatable teams in the league.

You're not gunning for Nathan Jones' job by any chance BB?

Nah mate, don't fancy getting banished to Yeovil.One of my hopes for this season is to see some decent local journalism but that will be difficult with the clubs mindset

I didn't go today as I've already done two pre-season games with a third to come at WSM on Monday but it is a concern at the amount of goals we seem to shipping. Considering this was the cornerstone of our success last term, it sounds like we seriously need to get back to basics on that front.

Having watched the game I am very concerned.If that line up starts against QPR I wouldn't fancy our chances of winning.This isn't a division where you can gift one or two goal leads and come back very often.

Elliott sounds good but is he predominantly an out-and-out defensive midfielder or more of a combative, all action player? Sounds like the latter to me.

As I said, don't expect goals and defence splitting passes-Ultra fit, not wasteful but not a great passer either, box to box, breaks up the play all over the pitch their half and ours

It'll be interesting to see how GJ lines up in seven days time. I agree with you that Keogh should start alongside Carey. Although 4-5-1 does fit, I'm not sure that's the way we should approach the opening game against one of the more beatable teams in the league.

Not being a pedant but how do we know they're beatable this season? They've made some signings and have Sahar as one of them.Last season we started with a 1-0 win against a side that we all thought was beatable.........S****horpe!!

Not being a pedant but how do we know they're beatable this season? They've made some signings and have Sahar as one of them.Last season we started with a 1-0 win against a side that we all thought was beatable.........S****horpe!!

Very true but my opinion is based on the fact that they are more beatable than WBA, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Southampton, Norwich, PNE, Charlton, Stoke, Watford, Leicester and Palace. Whilst the law of averages suggest we will win against at least of those teams even you must admit that QPR are more beatable on paper than any of the above?

Very true but my opinion is based on the fact that they are more beatable than WBA, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Southampton, Norwich, PNE, Charlton, Stoke, Watford, Leicester and Palace. Whilst the law of averages suggest we will win against at least of those teams even you must admit that QPR are more beatable on paper than any of the above?

There is no doubt that we have a tough task on our hands.

Looking yesterday at Sheff Utd signing Beattie brought it home.

We play them soon and they'll start with Beattie & Sharp up front!!

Beatable? Dunno mate because even Colchester, the divisions smallest club by attendance, have Platt & Lisbie up front with Sheringham in behind! Not bad is it?

On what I've seen this season and last even with our new signings, we still need a quality pacey striker and, as I've said in another thread, we need our best players back and fit plus good luck with injuries & suspensions this season.

Archived