IGNORED

Betsy

Pickle Rick

I thought he looked half decent today. I know people haven't been impressed from last season, but he looked very good IMO against Swindon and today he was confident, taking on players and getting the ball in the box.

He may surprise next season and do well dare I say (on this forum) :surrender:

What may you lot think?

I thought he looked half decent today. I know people haven't been impressed from last season, but he looked very good IMO against Swindon and today he was confident, taking on players and getting the ball in the box.

What may you lot think?

Some players take a while to settle so maybe this season we will see the best of Betsy.

I don't know why people are always on his back, I thought he was good last year as well! he always seems to be able to wriggle about of situations and keep the ball, and then put a good cross in, he's not amazing but I think he's been the pick of the bunch so far in pre-season, especially at Swindon

He could well be someone who will come good for us next year

I don't know why people are always on his back, I thought he was good last year as well! he always seems to be able to wriggle about of situations and keep the ball, and then put a good cross in, he's not amazing but I think he's been the pick of the bunch so far in pre-season, especially at Swindon

He could well be someone who will come good for us next year

I agree and I also think he was key to getting promotion. In the last match Noble was rightly the hero but the tone of the game was set in the first ten minutes and included some incisive runs down the right from Betsy. Like a lot of wingers he is a confidence player and if supporters want to see the best of him they need to encourage rather than constantly focus on the negatives. Flair players will always have good games and bad games and, with this type of player, lacklustre performances are usually down to lack of confidence rather than lack of effort which disgruntled fans invariably attribute it to.

What may you lot think?

The frustrating thing about Betsy is he clearly has tallent but he seems to only use it 50% of the time.

If he could turn in performances like he did today and a few times last year then there would be no problems. It's when he gets a tricky full back he seems to come undone and look disintrested. The signing of Sproule added to the likes of Murray and Wilson might have finally got him motivated.

I think Betsy is realising that he needs to do a little more than last year seeing that GJ has brought in quality players this pre season. He needs to do the things that GJ brought him here for this season or he has no chance to play.

I thought he had a good game today also but he still had the usual idiots behind me getting on his back before he had even touched the ball. I think he has to really impress in games this year to get fans back on his side.

He was inconsistant last season but then a lot of players are like that when they first sign for a club Christiano Ronaldo was at first! He has shown glimpses of brillance but has also had a few poor games but people do seem to get on his back unfairly at times.

Think and hope he may come good this season he certainly looked a quality player at Wycombe.

Also must be said doesnt Jevons look a lot better player when he gets service into the box!

my biggest worry is that he might not have the bottle for the big games. i thought he looked pretty decent when he first arrived at AG last season, but when we came down to the last handful of games he looked nervous and that affected his play. having said that, another cracking game from him on saturday (albeit with no pressure on him) and hope he can play like that every week.

I think that Betsy had a new child at a similar time to joining us and I don't think that that helped. Fontaine also seemed to lose some form after he had his first kid. I think its also unfair to expect 100% consistency from players like Betsy. If they were able to play at top-form week in week out they'd be in the Premier League. That said now we've raised a level its vital that our players do too.

We had Betsy in to replace Murray, next we have Sproule to replace Murray and Betsy. Make no mistake about that. SL and GJ are on record as saying that any players they "buy" will be better than what we have

For two seasons now we have had calls for Murray to be sold/retired etc, when he goes missing for a month or more. Yes, he has had some hot streaks, yes he is popular and yes GJ brought in Betsy to replace him. Betsy was hot or cold and not consistent enough for GJ. So GJ signs another right winger, Sproule. Forget the Betsy/Murray playing in the middle of the park nonsense, they are right wingers, and if injuries demand, perhaps left wingers.

Sproule will have to be a major dissapointment on the right wing for Murray or Betsy to get a look in, otherwise GJ will look a complete bad judge of players.

Archived