IGNORED

Andy Cole

tin

Firstly, I'm not one to come on here spouting rumours about people that are signing blah blah blah but I've just spoke to my mate and his old man who have been down the Gate today for the annual Open Day. Apparently they bumped into Andrew Cole and his massive entourage behind the Williams Stand. They couldn't get a word in to ask him 'Are you signing for us' but they asked Marvin Elliott and he said he was 'sworn to secrecy' about it.

Interesting considering Mr. Cole's just had his contract paid up by Pompey.

Discuss...

The News of the World is quoting that he is signing for Sunderland and will be on £32,000 a week !!!

Now if thats not even true, I can believe the bit about his wage demands - even half of £32k a week we wouldnt/couldnt afford to pay.

If he doesnt go to Sunderland, I will bet my house on that he wont be coming here!!!

Can't see it myself and if it was true like someone said they wouldn't meet him today at AG or not untill after 3 anyway.

I also agree he wouldn't be a GJ type of player, but I said the same thing about Lee Trundle. . . . . . . . :noexpression:

Maybe thats it, perhaps he's down here to get Trundle's autograph !!!

Not a chance he's coming here. Some premiership sides will still want him, and on far far more than we would ever pay him. As has been stated it's widely acknowledged he's going to Sunderland.

Now I'm not saying he wasn't at the open day. He may have been, I've no idea, but I do know he wont be signing for us

Firstly, I'm not one to come on here spouting rumours about people that are signing blah blah blah but I've just spoke to my mate and his old man who have been down the Gate today for the annual Open Day. Apparently they bumped into Andrew Cole and his massive entourage behind the Williams Stand. They couldn't get a word in to ask him 'Are you signing for us' but they asked Marvin Elliott and he said he was 'sworn to secrecy' about it.

Discuss...

just text a friend who is down there with the family, they have seen no such thing!

sounds like complete and utter tosh!

EXCLUSIVE - One man that has been spotted at the open day is James Hayter from Bournemouth.. Have checked out his profile though adn is contracted too bournemouth till 2008 but he has been a transfer target before for city...

Erm... If this is true then i'm afraid its another autograph hunter as Hayter signed for Doncaster earlier this summer!

EXCLUSIVE - One man that has been spotted at the open day is James Hayter from Bournemouth.. Have checked out his profile though adn is contracted too bournemouth till 2008 but he has been a transfer target before for city...

Would have been a good shout except for the fact he signed for Doncaster Rovers at the end of last season.

Anyway, who would Cole, or anyone that was a potential signing, turn up at the open day fueling rumour before anything has been announced??? They just wouldn't! Honestly I never cease to be amazed by the levels of bull that appear on here each day

someone check the local looney bin, it's missing an inmate,

if you are going to blantantly lie about something, at least make sure you have checked your facts first! :disapointed2se:

Why come on and spout useless sh@te anyway. don't believe for a second that Andy Cole was there there today, even if we were about to sign him ain't exactly going to be one of the quietest daya at AG to mill around unnoticed is it now?? As far as pointing out that players who have only recently signed contracts for other clubs wwere there...why?

I know the summer is slow and we all want the season to start again, i cant wait, hopefully the stench of bullsh~t that has been eminating from a few people may stop for a while, (possibly to be replaced by mindless negative threads about how crap we are etc etc etc!). As several people have pointed out everyone is entitled to an opinion and i am not arguing againast that point but, letas keep at least a sniff of reality about us please.

Sorry for going off on one there, all rumours aside, those who went to thwe open day did you enjoy? :)

This guy ought to be banned, this is quite frankly the biggest load of horse shite i have ever heard.......what a complete nob head :laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be fair guys, the first thing I said to my mate was that it was 'utter garbage' and I thought he was on the wind up, especially after seeing the story in the NOTW linking him with Sunderland earlier today. However, I do tend to take his old man's word as he used to work for Radio Bristol commentating in the mid-90's and he knows his stuff.

Be that as it may, I'd be very interested to here if anyone who went down there today could confirm/deny this as it seems nobody has, in fact, done that as yet? :dunno:

Discuss...

I've just got back from the Open Day myself and i have to say your mate is spouting rubbish to you ....

Andy Cole was not at the Gate today but he will be later in the season when he plays against us for Charlton The big queue of people behind The Williams was in fact Adriano Basso having his photo taken with fans and signing autographs

Discuss...

I wish people would do the decent thing and get there facts right before posting such rubbish, you have to be realistic......Andrew Cole for one, would cost to much in wages £20-30k, and two, the guy slagged us off in his book etc etc

It's a no go all round mate!

I wish people would do the decent thing and get there facts right before posting such rubbish, you have to be realistic......Andrew Cole for one, would cost to much in wages £20-30k, and two, the guy slagged us off in his book etc etc

It's a no go all round mate!

As I've said in the past, I don't buy into most of the bullshit written on here but I've never said in this thread that he 'was set to sign' or anything along those lines as I don't think it's realistic either. I also said that I thought it was 'utter garbage' when my mate and his old man mentioned it to me earlier.

I wasn't trying to spread conjecture and certainly wouldn't come on here with 'blatant lies', as some people have put it. All I was trying to do is validate this and so far only one person who has been to the Open Day today, WestonRed I believe, has confirmed that he wasn't there.

As I've said in the past, I don't buy into most of the bullshit written on here but I've never said in this thread that he 'was set to sign' or anything along those lines as I don't think it's realistic either. I also said that I thought it was 'utter garbage' when my mate and his old man mentioned it to me earlier.

I wasn't trying to spread conjecture and certainly wouldn't come on here with 'blatant lies', as some people have put it. All I was trying to do is validate this and so far only one person who has been to the Open Day today, WestonRed I believe, has confirmed that he wasn't there.

7/10 for backtracking

7/10 for backtracking

I think that's unfair to be honest. If people have read what I've actually written instead of immediately misinterpreting it, then the messenger doesn't get shot! I want people who have been to the Open Day today to come on here and, as said previously, confirm/deny this.

End of really!

Archived