IGNORED

Structure Of Postal Strikes?

Cider Visor

As there are many of us still anxiously awaiting the arrival of our season tickets , Can anyone shed any light on the current postal strikes? Have heard several different versions of what is happening this week. First of all i heard that there would be a three day strike (alarming as now only 4 days post to go!), then i heard that they would be delivering little bits at a time in staggered protests through out the week. I know several of you on here have said that you are posties any chance of an update please.

There are a series of rolling strikes that are affecting different parts of the postal service on different days. Basically the Mail Centres(sorting offices), Distribution drivers and Delivery Offices are all out on different days whilst the other functions remain working as normal.

As far as this week is concerned, I think you will be fine with STs as they should mainly be local mailings anyway and the Mail Centres are not out again until Thursday evening / Friday with the Delivery Offices out on Saturday.

Hope this helps to settle your nerves....

The Mail Centre is almost clear of all inward mail so If it has been posted and not misorted it should be at the delivery office waiting to go out. Has you can imagine after this last round of action the Delivery office are full of mail and It may be Tommorow before all the back logged mail is cleared.

The Mail Centre is almost clear of all inward mail so If it has been posted and not misorted it should be at the delivery office waiting to go out. Has you can imagine after this last round of action the Delivery office are full of mail and It may be Tommorow before all the back logged mail is cleared.

Our office got about 3 times as much post delivered this morning than a usual Monday, so I'd suggest the backlog is being cleared. Anything left from last week should come tomorrow.

Archived