IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

court_bcfc

Did anybody see the game and more importantly the bust up at the end?

it was supposed to be a friendly but come 90 minutes it turned into a brawl and Gerrard smacked some player right in the face - and only got booked.

Some further action is certain to be taken

Did anybody see the game and more importantly the bust up at the end?

it was supposed to be a friendly but come 90 minutes it turned into a brawl and Gerrard smacked some player right in the face - and only got booked.

Some further action is certain to be taken

Well Wayne Rooney got a 3 game ban for a rather more accidental elbowing incident in a similar tournament last year. Gerrard should get the same - I wouldn't count on it though.

Well Wayne Rooney got a 3 game ban for a rather more accidental elbowing incident in a similar tournament last year. Gerrard should get the same - I wouldn't count on it though.

Punish Gerrard? Don't me stupid. He's one of the dirtiest malicious players around but always gets away with it. He'll be fine.

Certainly not. But I do object to people defending everything Gerrard does (including those two-footed lunges that he does numerous times each season) because he's a so-called 'legend'.

He is a Legend, but theres no excuse for that....

It was hardly lamping him, or he would have hit the deck. It was hardly even a proper fist, he pretty much just palmed him. People have made a big deal over nothing.

The problem people have is that if the player involved had a reputation, e.g. Rooney, Vieria, Savage etc, they would more than likely face further punishment. Because Gerrard has a squeaky-clean image, despite committing some frankly disgusting challenges over the years, he gets away with it.

The problem people have is that if the player involved had a reputation, e.g. Rooney, Vieria, Savage etc, they would more than likely face further punishment. Because Gerrard has a squeaky-clean image, despite committing some frankly disgusting challenges over the years, he gets away with it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to say. Just less succinctly.

Archived