IGNORED

Who Would Nyou Buy

littlerobin

If I only had £1m to spend I wouldn't spend it on a UK based player.

The best buy I've seen value for money wise for a striker moving to a Championship club has to be Leon Best IMO. That was... £400k?

If it is £400k+ clauses, no doubt, I can't think why we didn't go for it as he seems a perfect foil for Trundle-Assuming we didn't and he decided not to come :dunno:

JJ at £150k is now the most likely as we've enough new players to bed in and I can't see SL shelling any more out unless someone moves on or it goes really pearshaped early on.

Unless, of course, SB's closer than we all think?

Unless, of course, SB's closer than we all think?

Until we've seen him last until the final whistle 3 matches in a row we should consider him an unlikely luxury I think.

I'm not sure why we apparently didn't go for Best, I got the impression that he was who GJ was talking about when he said some players' futures were already decided. It's possible we did and Coventry were more appealing I guess.

I also think one of the signings of the season will be in the league below, the young lad Danny Graham that Carlisle got off Boro. I guess we're about as far from the North East as you can get though.

The only thing that frustrates me with GJ's transfer dealings is that we rarely seem to have done the work before the window opens, you always hear about players wanting to wait and then on day one it's obvious that many deals are already done.

Archived