IGNORED

Tickets For Saturday

Bristol Boy

When I made adverse comments about ST prices, some posters seemed obsessed with converting things into pints of beer to prove what a bargain I was getting. Well, £30 POTD is about 12 pints - Or 8 pints and a curry. That does not make one game v QPR sound such a good deal.

...reckon a couple of 2games for 40quid offers might be considered when we have two 'homes' in a week with a double ticket covering the Sat afternoon & one Midweek night game.

(I'd go for a £35 quid for two 'same week' games myself but guess that might upset some ST holders -might work for cup games though).

Whatever they do now..(or are forced to do)..would have & should have been avoided if a little more consideration was given to fans rather than greed when decisions were taken a few months back.. going to reep what they sow ...

Sexton don't bite the fans that feed ya! - a small gesture to fans loyalty here & there/now & again goes an awful long way with creating a feel good atmosphere ... Good Will of customers is worth a lot, is hard to recover -& is so easy to lose!!

(sod the TV/Billboard Adverts -cultivate that goodwill with the fans you already have.. it will cost less & yield far more in the long run, -word of mouth recommendations from happy fans who feel valued & part of something special is something you should be trying to promote, not resentment.

One Happy Fan can bring in several others, friends/family/workmates -but you gotta create that happy fan first, look after your existing Supporters & the ££££ notes will look after themselves! .. you should Try It & See!!!

According to the OS they are expecting the biggest opening day crowd for 29 years. Perhaps it's more Sextone spin!! Anything over 16,000 is more than respectable in my opinion.

And I think about 20 of the 29 were spent in the third & fourth division.

You will also note that a large number of games weren't the opening game of the season and on a Saturday which this is.

We had about 19,500 for Rotherham, three months ago, with 200 Rotherham Fans, so 16,000 (Which assumes about 1,500 POD) with six signings, 2,000 away fans and 1,600 more ST Holders, isn't great IMHO.

And I think about 20 of the 29 were spent in the third & fourth division.

You will also note that a large number of games weren't the opening game of the season and on a Saturday which this is.

We had about 19,500 for Rotherham, three months ago, with 200 Rotherham Fans, so 16,000 (Which assumes about 1,500 POD) with six signings, 2,000 away fans and 1,600 more ST Holders, isn't great IMHO.

There's nothing you or I can do about it now BB. Chill out and enjoy the game on Saturday.

I'm not worried about the price for the ticket.i think many people will leave it to the last minute and we will get 16000+

what worries me is the price of the beer before and after,the kebab and the£10 taxi ride to knowle.

:bruce_h4h:

...reckon a couple of 2games for 40quid offers might be considered when we have two 'homes' in a week with a double ticket covering the Sat afternoon & one Midweek night game.

(I'd go for a £35 quid for two 'same week' games myself but guess that might upset some ST holders -might work for cup games though).

£35 would be £2 a game cheaper than my ST, so I'd be one of them.No problem with cup games at reduced prices providing that it applies to all purchasers and ST holders get priorty

Whatever they do now..(or are forced to do)..would have & should have been avoided if a little more consideration was given to fans rather than greed when decisions were taken a few months back.. going to reep what they sow ...

Spot On

Sexton don't bite the fans that feed ya! - a small gesture to fans loyalty here & there/now & again goes an awful long way with creating a feel good atmosphere ... Good Will of customers is worth a lot, is hard to recover -& is so easy to lose!!

Absolutely and when you add The Prem Club, Buy a Brick, Millwall and this years coach prices it's like the chinese water torture.

(sod the TV/Billboard Adverts -cultivate that goodwill with the fans you already have.. it will cost less & yield far more in the long run, -word of mouth recommendations from happy fans who feel valued & part of something special is something you should be trying to promote, not resentment.

Here, Here :clap::clap:

There's nothing you or I can do about it now BB. Chill out and enjoy the game on Saturday.

It's a shame that this subject even has to be raised along with coach prices this week, but raised they must be.

I'll enjoy this game, Blackpool & S****horpe-I just hope the toast won't be "absent friends."

The latest 'biggest crowd for 29 years' story is just Colin Sextone trying to justify his/BCFCs' actions.

I would have much more respect for the bloke (CS) if he just came out and said 'yes, perhaps the club have made a slight mistake regarding ticket pricing this season and we will do everything possible to get it right next year' BUT all we are getting is basically 'I AM RIGHT & I COMPLETELY DISREGARD ANY COMMENTS THAT SAY OTHERWISE & I CAN BACK IT UP WITH FACTS'- I bet you can, like the near 10,000 STs sold when it was just over 9,000---SPIN, SPIN, SPIN.

Well Mr Sextone Ashton Gate should have SOLD OUT WEEKS AGO but because you/the club got the pricing wrong we won't get anywhere near ALL season.

BCAGFC

No mate, its £30 pay on the day (doman) thats the problem - not the baloon fiesta. The POD prices are nothing short of outrageous. Still, i can always go and watch the downs football if i don't like it according to poster on here...

That was my attempt at sarcasm! It would appear that a few people could accept the baloon fiesta as a reason and not our ott prices!

The latest 'biggest crowd for 29 years' story is just Colin Sextone trying to justify his/BCFCs' actions.

I would have much more respect for the bloke (CS) if he just came out and said 'yes, perhaps the club have made a slight mistake regarding ticket pricing this season and we will do everything possible to get it right next year' BUT all we are getting is basically 'I AM RIGHT & I COMPLETELY DISREGARD ANY COMMENTS THAT SAY OTHERWISE & I CAN BACK IT UP WITH FACTS'- I bet you can, like the near 10,000 STs sold when it was just over 9,000---SPIN, SPIN, SPIN.

Well Mr Sextone Ashton Gate should have SOLD OUT WEEKS AGO but because you/the club got the pricing wrong we won't get anywhere near ALL season.

BCAGFC

Agree with the above,

CS has always been very quick to answer any letter I have written in the past and I think he's done a lot of good over the years, but he should be nimbling on a bit of humble pie over season tickets and POTD prices.

(sod the TV/Billboard Adverts -cultivate that goodwill with the fans you already have.. it will cost less & yield far more in the

long run, -word of mouth recommendations from happy fans who feel valued & part of something special is something you should be trying to promote, not resentment.

One Happy Fan can bring in several others, friends/family/workmates -but you gotta create that happy fan first, look after your existing Supporters & the ££££ notes will look after themselves! .. you should Try It & See!!!

PS.. just to clarify, Mr Sexton, by small gestures for fans I don't mean of the usual Two-Fingers variety.

Use a bit of imagination, think a little outside of your money-box occasionally & do something 'nice' by way of giving a little bit back (with no strings attached) to the supporters who have made & continue to make this Club a great one.

OK, I know its all a bit much for you to take in, .....but its not too hard really if you try,

right then, little things now & again... what could that mean?

Well, heres a few ideas that would go down well to start you off & there must be hundreds of others if you can bear to give it a little thought....

Hows about handing out a few Vouchers for a Free Pint (ok then make it a half) in the bar, - Free Pasty -Free Cup of Tea -bar of Chocolate -Coke -Burger -Packet of Crisps or whatever from the catering outlets.

or some Free Club Merchandise.

All Vouchers signed 'With Thanks To Our Wonderful Fans with Complements of BCFC Management/Players & Staff'. (Get Lindleys to chip in too..)

Give a couple of free VIP matchdays drawn at random from the ST holders data base.

How about a very occasional special randomly chosen VIP trip for a lucky ST fan + guest?... an away trip travelling & staying at team hotel with guest seats for game...(feature quotes, pics etc on Web Site & in following weeks program..)

Theres loads of things (large & small) that you could do that would encourage supporters to feel valued - plus all the good PR publicity you would get in return!.

(and in terms of Football Club running costs - would be a 'drop in the ocean' that could create a sea of goodwill!) :)

Lets see less of the indifferent Two-Fingered attitude & more of the Thumbs-Up from the Club to the Fans -it'd mean a lot!

KEEP 'EM HAPPY... & THE 'GATES' & £££notes WILL LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES!

PS.. just to clarify, Mr Sexton, by small gestures for fans I don't mean of the usual Two-Fingers variety.

Use a bit of imagination, think a little outside of your money-box occasionally & do something 'nice' by way of giving a little bit back (with no strings attached) to the supporters who have made & continue to make this Club a great one.

OK, I know its all a bit much for you to take in, .....but its not too hard really if you try,

right then, little things now & again... what could that mean?

Well, heres a few ideas that would go down well to start you off & there must be hundreds of others if you can bear to give it a little thought....

Hows about handing out a few Vouchers for a Free Pint (ok then make it a half) in the bar, - Free Pasty -Free Cup of Tea -bar of Chocolate -Coke -Burger -Packet of Crisps or whatever from the catering outlets.

or some Free Club Merchandise.

All Vouchers signed 'With Thanks To Our Wonderful Fans with Complements of BCFC Management/Players & Staff'. (Get Lindleys to chip in too..)

Give a couple of free VIP matchdays drawn at random from the ST holders data base.

How about a very occasional special randomly chosen VIP trip for a lucky ST fan + guest?... an away trip travelling & staying at team hotel with guest seats for game...(feature quotes, pics etc on Web Site & in following weeks program..)

Theres loads of things (large & small) that you could do that would encourage supporters to feel valued - plus all the good PR publicity you would get in return!.

(and in terms of Football Club running costs - would be a 'drop in the ocean' that could create a sea of goodwill!) :)

Lets see less of the indifferent Two-Fingered attitude & more of the Thumbs-Up from the Club to the Fans -it'd mean a lot!

KEEP 'EM HAPPY... & THE 'GATES' & £££notes WILL LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES!

Did I hear someone say "Free Pasty"? :fingerscrossed:

So...

Why arent we heading for 19,000 odd for this game?

16,000 odd sounds pretty weak.

With 15,481 for the opening game against the mighty Donny back in 2005, CS's statement about the biggest gate for 29 years is only technically correct.

Add in the fact that it is against QPR, (2,000 of their own fans), Championship division, then this statment has a hollow ring.

With 15,481 for the opening game against the mighty Donny back in 2005, CS's statement about the biggest gate for 29 years is only technically correct.

Add in the fact that it is against QPR, (2,000 of their own fans), Championship division, then this statment has a hollow ring.

Though it is all spin from MrS the list of first home fixtures is interesting if only for number of times we've had Blackpool - did we really have them for three years running in the 90's??!! Funny what that fixture computer spits out

According to the OS they are expecting the biggest opening day crowd for 29 years. Perhaps it's more Sextone spin!! Anything over 16,000 is more than respectable in my opinion.

For 21 of those years we have been in Divisions 3/4.

Also during that period football attendances in general have risen.

Only 2 years ago we had 15,500 for the visit of Doncaster in Division 3. They brought a fair few with them, but QPR are bringing just as many.

So...

Why arent we heading for 19,000 odd for this game?

16,000 odd sounds pretty weak.

According to the club, we are heading for 19,000 and have sold over 16,000 to date (as of this morning). Perhaps a few people have jumped the gun (sounds familiar - remember the threads a few weeks ago re: lack of transfer activity). I suppose we'll have to wait and see on Saturday.

The fact is that with a popular manager (at the time), excellent pre-season results, big name signings (Stewart, Bridges and Partridge), massive (albeit misguided) expectation levels and playing a team who brought a thousand with them we got 15½K. It now looks like with all the doom and gloom around, huge price increases, a 31 year old forward who we apparently paid too much for, Colin Sextone's numerous PR disasters, a Chairman who some (not me) believe is a scrooge, some prosepective punters no doubt on holiday, injury problems, very average pre-season results and a team which is predicted to struggle in this league, we are set for our highest opening day gate in 29 years.

Who said football is a funny old game?!!

According to the club, we are heading for 19,000 and have sold over 16,000 to date (as of this morning). Perhaps a few people have jumped the gun (sounds familiar - remember the threads a few weeks ago re: lack of transfer activity). I suppose we'll have to wait and see on Saturday.

I suppose we're still well on our way to 10,000 season tickets too!

we are set for our highest opening day gate in 29 years.

Look past the spin

21/29 seasons in League's 1 & 2

Away on 12 of those occassions when it was Saturday

15,300 v Doncaster who brought 1,000 two years ago.

Who said football is a funny old game?!!

Let's see how the attendances shape up after 5/6 home games.I'd lovet to see 19,500 down there Sat but I don't think it'll happen

I suppose we're still well on our way to 10,000 season tickets too!

I wonder what the final figure will be?

9,200 was the last quoted and you can bet your life that if it hits 10,000 they'll be banner headlines on the website in seconds!

TBH 10,000 isn't that great,when you know that we sold 7,600 in League One.

Archived