IGNORED

Few Facts & Figure Please Colin

Bristol Boy

Comment on this Forum has raised some responses on the main website-Good, well done!

Any chance of some answers on these:

1.Last season we had 7,600 ST Holders, did that include the Premier Club as the 9,200 does this season?

2.Last season we had 7,600 ST Holders, how many renewed?

3.Are ST Holders included in the Matchday attendance, even if they do not attend?

4.What was the total revenue raised from ST Sales including those who pay in instalments (I appreciate that the club gets all the money up front and the finance company collects the money and keeps the interest, normally)

5.How many EE ST's have been sold?

6.Is The Premier Club & The Chairmans Club (Beige Seats) Sold Out?

Many thanks in advance.

I think I can answer number 3 - no, absent ST holders shouldn't be included. It's the number of tickets that have been handed over and the number of people who have passed through the turnstiles that are counted.

Then again, there's been some ever so funny attendances over the years :me?:

all season tickets sold are counted on a matchday. we'll see some very odd attendances this season in my opinion. not the usual 14,00 when there are plainly less than 2k seats left in the ground. it'll be more like 18k when there are clearly 6k seats empty. i'm still not believing the official figure given out by the club, 9,200, my arse, try 8,000 at the most.

I think I can answer number 3 - no, absent ST holders shouldn't be included. It's the number of tickets that have been handed over and the number of people who have passed through the turnstiles that are counted.

Its not, last season i know they did it by number of tickets sold for the game - i.e season tickets included.

Now TomF reckons the opposite and CS himself told me that 750/1,000 are no shows every week-That's why I'd just like some official clarification.

Comment on this Forum has raised some responses on the main website-Good, well done!

Any chance of some answers on these:

1.Last season we had 7,600 ST Holders, did that include the Premier Club as the 9,200 does this season?

Presumably so. Why should it be any different from any other part of the stadium? Surely the Premier Club would be counted in ST sales.

2.Last season we had 7,600 ST Holders, how many renewed?

Something like 10% didn't renew meaning roughly 800 didn't renew. Interesting how that figure could've pushed us through the much sought after 10k barrier!

3.Are ST Holders included in the Matchday attendance, even if they do not attend?

Yes they most definately are.

Can't answer the rest and you've more chance of hell freezing over than CS giving you a straight answer!

1. I believe the 7,600 last season included all seat sales, whether they be normal STs, premier etc club tickets and think I can recall this being answered last season but I'm not 100% sure.

2. The FCF were told 10% didn't which was normal, it's in the latest minutes on the official site.

3. The announced attendance is ticket sales including non attending ST holders and this has been the case for the last two or three seasons, the club answered this one publicly before (can't remember whether it was via the old Ask SteveL forum, the FCF or a Q&A session though). They said it's normal practise at "many" clubs - I imagine because it's administratively easier. The numbers come from the ticket office not the turnstiles, 100% certain of that. The figures of 750-1000 non attending ST holders ring a bell but I'm not certain of them.

No idea on the other 3. You won't get any financial data until the accounts for the FY are out to shareholders and even then it won't be broken down further than "ticket sales" (unless someone at the club decides to give it to you privately).

2. The FCF were told 10% didn't which was normal, it's in the latest minutes on the official site.

My concern there was 10% was exactly the same number that didn't renew in The Williams when they were outsed to create the Premier Club-Shame to see long standing fans walk away and, in real terms, it means that we have 2,360 new ST's........who have virtaully all come from POD's we can safely assume.......and guess what, as a percentage of the gate on Saturday our home POD looks like halving in % terms.

2,000 away fans will mask it but, unfortunately it looks like the start of a trend.Hope I'm wrong.

My suspicion on the 10% not renewing every season is that quite a fair proportion of those really are just people who have moved seats that the club haven't tracked. Of course, it could just be an easy figure to give out...

2,000 away fans means an attendance of less than 15k is DOWN on the first game last season. Absolutely shocking.

Archived