IGNORED

No New Faces-gary

Bristol Boy

From the horses mouth on the official site although I don't think we should rule out a signing before the Window closes or even a loan after that.

From Sept 1st Sproule could be that "pacy striker" and perhaps that's why we've got so many wingers?

Noble should be back in training soon but no real mention of the others that have a chance of being in the first XI in Brooker & McCombe apart from the fact that all three will miss Saturday.

I worry about the lack of McCombe.

Brooker, i fear, will never recapture the form or fitness he once had. I think his days are numbered here. I hope one day i have to eat my words on this one.

Noble will be a very useful player this season.

I agree on the Sproule speculation, although if we're doing okay goal wise while he's suspended, i wouldnt be too surprised to see him utilised as a winger.

One more up front before the window closes would be enough, i think, although only if he's better than what we've already got.

I had a quick chat with him at around 10 to 6 and he said no new players before Saturday, but when asked about before the close of the window he said hopefully one more but wouldn't tell me what position. He then swiftly walked to the burger van for a Cheesburger with onions. Also after hearing from a very good inside source that Skuse's much talked about move to Reading hasn't gone through due to a rival bid from Everton, Skuse told me he doesn't want to leave.

[quote name=billywedlock' date='Aug 7 2007, 9:19 AM' post='785977]

Skuse needs to stay, at least one more season. The idiots on here who cannot see why Prem clubs are after him are typical City fans. try watching his full game, do not follow the ball but follow him. He is a huge asset to a team, particulalry one wanting to attack, as he fills so many holes, particulalry the one in front of the back 4.

Speaking as an idiot who cannot see the value of Skuse as he runs around the pitch, points, claps, hardly ever tackles, touches the ball about 12 times a half and never has the ball passed to him by his teammates I didn't realise where I got it wrong. Running around not touching the ball is good. Someone like Marvin Elliott who tackles repeatably and is 100% involved is not so good. Now I got it!! I think?

Skuse needs to stay, at least one more season. The idiots on here who cannot see why Prem clubs are after him are typical City fans. try watching his full game, do not follow the ball but follow him.

It's all about opinions.I rate Skuse, always have, moreover as a centre back next to a ball winning CH.As ypu say he doe the things that some people don't notcice and I can see both CS & ME in midfield not very far into the season when we have tough away games.

He is a huge asset to a team, particulalry one wanting to attack, as he fills so many holes, particulalry the one in front of the back 4. When you sit in the Williams, you are often sat behind 20 or more scouts, it is interesting to see the notes they make and for what players. Even if you cannot see the detail, it is obvious that one certain players do things they make a note.

I'm concerned that a team with LJ and two wingers will get tonked away.It just seems a bit naive.

Opposition teams note more about formations. Skuse is a great asset, if we can get him noticed at this level, his value will be £3m not £1M. He is a young lad, a BRISTOl lad for gawds sake, yet fans here cannot see it.

Some can, lots can, some can't.That's football

Ditto Basso, who makes some Prem keepers look average, yet people here think he is poor.

I haven't seen many this season or last.He started last season poorly and the pressure was on but on the basis that he played more games than any player in League One last season, I think he's rated.

Some good points but we'll have to see which players are up to the job and quick because if we're in the bottom three after 10/15 games panic will set in all over the place.

Billy Wedlock - absolutely spot on about Cole Skuse.

Wookey - Have you ever played a game of football in your life?? Like i said before, Premiership teams wouldn't be looking at Cole if they were just after someone who is good at clapping. You are obviously entitled to your opinion but i'm sure you will be proved wrong this season. Underperforming players will get caught out in the championship as there is nowhere to hide so time will tell.

Skuse needs to stay, at least one more season. The idiots on here who cannot see why Prem clubs are after him are typical City fans. try watching his full game, do not follow the ball but follow him. He is a huge asset to a team, particulalry one wanting to attack, as he fills so many holes, particulalry the one in front of the back 4. When you sit in the Williams, you are often sat behind 20 or more scouts, it is interesting to see the notes they make and for what players. Even if you cannot see the detail, it is obvious that one certain players do things they make a note. Opposition teams note more about formations. Skuse is a great asset, if we can get him noticed at this level, his value will be £3m not £1M. He is a young lad, a BRISTOl lad for gawds sake, yet fans here cannot see it. Ditto Basso, who makes some Prem keepers look average, yet people here think he is poor. I recall last year he made multiple saves with the ball bouncing low in front of him, perfect, saw MOTD in the evening, and Englands reserve keeper, to the same type of shot, let the ball hit his chest, rebound out, and let Spurs I think it was score. Yet he is still an England keeper... We have some good players at out club, maybe not Prem players, but with confidence, are going to be as good as many at Championship level. A few will be out of depth , a few will actually flourish and surprise us all (and possibly themselves) and a few take it in their stride. Key to making the jump up are fitness, pace, first touch and movement. Finishing of the strikers is more clinical, and defenders give fewer chances (which is why you need exceptional talent in the top of the Prem). All sounds simple, but many of our players do have technical skills, a properly fit Noble should be well at home (but he is never fit), players like Enoch will need to work hard on their first touch, Orr on concentration, etc. etc. but we do have a pretty able group of players. I think we will end bottom ten, although much will depend on the start we make, and injuries to key players (including Brooks). Skuse must stay, because he is the type of player that can grow with us over the next few seasons, and get us closer to the top ten of this league.

:clap:

Absolutely spot on

Nice to see him setting an example of good nutrition to the players

:laugh:

Well it was as the players were coming out to warm up and as the burger van is adjacent to the tunnel Scotty Murray shouted "I'll have a cheesburger boss"

Wish I had a piccy of GJ filling his face

Billy Wedlock - absolutely spot on about Cole Skuse.

Wookey - Have you ever played a game of football in your life?? Like i said before, Premiership teams wouldn't be looking at Cole if they were just after someone who is good at clapping. You are obviously entitled to your opinion but i'm sure you will be proved wrong this season. Underperforming players will get caught out in the championship as there is nowhere to hide so time will tell.

I don't need to repeat what I have said about Skuse but he has not developed over the last year to the extent that Johnson put him out to grass at the back end of last season. While your admiring him just count how many tackles he makes and how often he touches the ball and then compare his workrate to Johnson, Noble, Russell and now Elliott, purchased to fill the spot Skuse could be filling.

I'm surprised that you think Premiership teams are looking at Skuse. I hope he finds one but, somehow, I doubt it.

Archived