IGNORED

Ashton Park

beaverface

Would it be possible for the club to look into parking inside a small area of Ashton Park ie. The left football pitch behind the Wedlocks pub?

Surely with onset on bigger crowds coming to Ashton Gate they need to look at further options?

You just know that after the balloon fiesta the police will have deemed closing the Cumberland Basin a success and will do it every week; this is compounded with losing the MegaBowl parking also!

yeah, thats it, mess up bristols parkland so you get to park closer to the football. park further a field and walk to the ground, ever thought of that? get off your arses and walk. no wonder we're turning into an obese nation.

Yep, the closer the better for me. In fact I quite like being obese, it keeps me warm during the winter months when it's freezing cold in the Atyeo ;-)

Anyhow, I'm not proposing all the park, just a small section behind the Wedlocks.

Yep, the closer the better for me. In fact I quite like being obese, it keeps me warm during the winter months when it's freezing cold in the Atyeo ;-)

Anyhow, I'm not proposing all the park, just a small section behind the Wedlocks.

for once mate, i'm hopeful that the council give their usual response if you write to them about this. the usual response being no response at all. congrats on being fat also mate. may you have many happily fat children within your (short) life time. Great work.

p.s. the "small section" you talk of behind the wedlocks is still taking away park land, without trying to sound too much like a treee hugger.

Parks are for familys and children to play not lazy people who can't be arsed to walk a mile or two. All this fuss about parking is crap anyway, theres plenty of street parking and in the worst cases it may mean you may have park a street further away than normal.

Just get there a tad earlier and have a pint.

there is plenty of street parking round the ground (within 10mins walk). so many small side streets, you just have to know where to look i suppose. i think most people expect to be able to park 30secs from the turnstyle. there's hardly a ground in the country where that is possible.

plenty of street parking in the surround area of ashton gate!

personally speaking 3 of us car share and either take turns or get each others women to drop us off and then pick us up later.

Look at the Roads off North street as just one example, loads of street parking within 5/10 minutes of the ground. I've park here as long as I can remember and have never had a problem.

there is plenty of street parking round the ground (within 10mins walk). so many small side streets, you just have to know where to look i suppose. i think most people expect to be able to park 30secs from the turnstyle. there's hardly a ground in the country where that is possible.

Just out interest, I used to park in the Megabowl carpark and drive straight off through Hotwells without sitting in any traffic; in the past when I've parked in the backstreets, I've been stuck for over an hour crawling along Coronation road. It's not about being 30seconds away from the ground, it's about getting away from AG as easy as possible.

Sometimes parking in the backstreets isn't always the best answer.

With regards to the park, I'm not suggesting it gets concreted over, just used as a temporary measure (like they do at fetes etc..) for a few hours during a home game and only a small section. There'd still be plenty of park to go around.

Just out interest, I used to park in the Megabowl carpark and drive straight off through Hotwells without sitting in any traffic; in the past when I've parked in the backstreets, I've been stuck for over an hour crawling along Coronation road. It's not about being 30seconds away from the ground, it's about getting away from AG as easy as possible.

With regards to the park, I'm not suggesting it gets concreted over, just used as a temporary measure (like they do at fetes etc..) for a few hours during a home game and only a small section. There'd still be plenty of park to go around.

depends totally on where you live and how well you know Bristol really, personally when I parked at the gate, I used to live in Totterdown and would leave at the end of the game and be home by 5:15, now living in whitchurch and still home by 5:30 at the VERY latest,

if you park in the back streets, such as off north street near Aldi, then you take the back streets home, personally I find getting out of ashton gate a piece of cake, but it has taken me a few years of practice, worth it though.

Being realistic, for how many games with this be an option? Not many... as the slightest drop of rain would probably turn it into a mud bath?

Also exiting from Megabowl you pretty much drove straight onto a dual carridgeway and away off home. Just how easy do you think it will be leaving the park via the only exit onto Ashton Road? Because guess where you'll be then...? That's right on the backstreets with all the other people.

If, as you say, it's about getting away as quickly as possible then this idea is a non-starter IMO.

Just for your information, Ashton Juniors F.C. use the park to train on Saturday mornings up to 12.30 PM. The seniors then use it from 2.00 PM come September, with posts being put up from 1.00 PM. Access is very poor, (side of Wedlocks). Oh, and the FROGS would go ballistic!

Archived