IGNORED

Gary Johnson On Five Live

Nibor

I've noticed that Gary Johnson is one of the handful of managers that the media seem to like to use all the time, he is always popping up on Sky Sports as a studio guest and is often on Five Live too. It helps raise the profile of the club and the good thing is he comes accross very well and doesnt make himself (and the club) look a tit!!

Its nice that our manager is well thought of through the media and his peers too - other managers seem to rate him highly. But if we have a half decent season I wonder if one of the lower end Premiership clubs will come knocking????

GJ does do very well with the press, something that's more and more important for managers. He plays them like a violin and it's good to see him out there preaching the good word.

Always going to be a risk of losing a successful manager but the impression I get is that he considers there is much more potential he can get out of BCFC and will carry on until he thinks he's gone as far as he can with us. Obviously if ManUre, Chelski etc offer him £1m an hour he'll be off like a shot but I don't think he'd jump ship to just any old Premiership club. I'd be amazed if he went to somewhere like Wigwam, Reading, Derby etc.

What worries me more is that he seems to set great store in getting people through the gates (talks about it often in interviews and such) and if, having reached the Championship, he doesn't see those fans that were there for Rotherham turning up every week he might get disillusioned.

GJ does do very well with the press, something that's more and more important for managers. He plays them like a violin and it's good to see him out there preaching the good word.

Always going to be a risk of losing a successful manager but the impression I get is that he considers there is much more potential he can get out of BCFC and will carry on until he thinks he's gone as far as he can with us. Obviously if ManUre, Chelski etc offer him £1m an hour he'll be off like a shot but I don't think he'd jump ship to just any old Premiership club. I'd be amazed if he went to somewhere like Wigwam, Reading, Derby etc.

What worries me more is that he seems to set great store in getting people through the gates (talks about it often in interviews and such) and if, having reached the Championship, he doesn't see those fans that were there for Rotherham turning up every week he might get disillusioned.

Well maybe the price for fans at Division Two level is a consideration.......... despite them and me turning up for Rotherham?

I have bills to pay before any support for a football team....... even BCFC ..... a life long love.

I'm 33 and have been a city fan since I can remember. In my tenure as a fan I can remember Tel Cooper being a legend in the doldrums and Joe Jordan being the most succesful since. GJ has blown that away already in my book. He seems to be the complete package...playing style, winning mentality, strong PR, good purchaser, consistent results, players (seem to) love him and, and soon to come...consistent in CCC!

Not for one mili-second do I think we will go down (despite what Kamara / H*lloway mite say). I think we will punch above our weight and finish top half (11th) and have a very strong cup run (5th round at least)

Its looking rosey me boys - Championship, some good players to be proud of, quality manage, squad depth, (talk of a new ground), belief and a bit of Puma thown in for good measure. Good times ahead methinks!

He is our talisman (where are all the Wilsonites these days BTW??)

Proud of this club again. Thanks GJ!

CTID! :clap:

Archived