IGNORED

Burnley Look To Mount Case Against Premier League?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ley/6936715.stm

I certainly agree with the sentiment that it put us at a massive disadvantage. I also feel it's usually unjustified as most teams relegated have only been promoted for one season!! If they suddenly shoot their bolt in the space of 9 months and have loads of players on ridiculous wages, that's their own fault and should just deal with it!!!

They should "cap" the players wages to stop this.

Being paid to be unsuccessful is another issue.... seems just getting to the premier league is all you need to do to get financial support.

I hope this goes all the way to the high court

This should be supported by Bristol City as well as all Championship clubs. The parachute payments system is the Premiership's way of trying to achieve a "no relegation" league by the back door. They have a very good idea of who they want in the top division, and it doesn't include the likes of Burnley. Or us.

They should "cap" the players wages to stop this.

Being paid to be unsuccessful is another issue.... seems just getting to the premier league is all you need to do to get financial support.

I hope this goes all the way to the high court

Its a double whammy. Not only do they get the parachute payments but they also cash in when the rats desert the sinking ship. For example, Charlton got another £17m from selling Bent.

I was always under the impression that the payments were implemented to stop club getting into financial trouble upon be relegated,due to higher wages in the premiership,surely a better or maybe fairer way would be to just pay the wages of players bought whilst they were in the premeirship,and once said player was sold the wages would stop being paid by the premier league, none of these monies should be allowed to be used to buy players, like someone said it's just creating a closed shop. :grr:

Archived