IGNORED

Charlton Buying Promotion (merged)

old_man_terry

yet another forward they are buying Izale McLeod for a potential £1.5m, alot of money for player for a player who has only scored in league 2 and missed how many games through suspension?

he will only be a squad player, but really can see them running away with this league this season

yet another forward they are buying Izale McLeod for a potential £1.5m, alot of money for player for a player who has only scored in league 2 and missed how many games through suspension?

he will only be a squad player, but really can see them running away with this league this season

On paper, maybe. But many thought the same of West Brom.

Izale McCleod is a funny one IMO, not sure if he'll be any good in the Championship, though he always looked lively for Derby County when he first broke into their team.

Big Team.

Loads of Dough.

Parachute Money & Bent = £26.5m!

18,000 ST's

and Pardew does this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt in the group of strikers that we had, we lacked someone with genuine speed and pace to stretch teams," Pardew told the club's website.

"Izzy is going to offer us that and I also feel that he is ready to for the step up."

McLeod, who handed in a transfer request this summer, scored 24 goals in League Two last season and has scored 54 league goals in 105 starts for the Dons since signing from Derby three years ago.

The pair will join Luke Varney, Chris Iwelumo and Svetoslav Todorov in Charlton's new-look strikeforce.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps those Leagues aren't as bad as some people say!

I would have loved tyo see McCleod here and we could have done it.........perhaps more accurately, SL could-shame because we'd have looked (been) far stronger.

OK Todorov's class, has done it at this level, but he's had terrible injuries and he'll be on a massive wage.

Big Team.

Loads of Dough.

Parachute Money & Bent = £26.5m!

18,000 ST's

and Pardew does this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt in the group of strikers that we had, we lacked someone with genuine speed and pace to stretch teams," Pardew told the club's website.

"Izzy is going to offer us that and I also feel that he is ready to for the step up."

McLeod, who handed in a transfer request this summer, scored 24 goals in League Two last season and has scored 54 league goals in 105 starts for the Dons since signing from Derby three years ago.

The pair will join Luke Varney, Chris Iwelumo and Svetoslav Todorov in Charlton's new-look strikeforce.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps those Leagues aren't as bad as some people say!

I would have loved tyo see McCleod here and we could have done it.........perhaps more accurately, SL could-shame because we'd have looked (been) far stronger.

OK Todorov's class, has done it at this level, but he's had terrible injuries and he'll be on a massive wage.

I think they will probably turn out to be good buys but wouldn't it be interesting if Varney and McCleod couldn't cut it at Championship level? I suppose he has got Iwelumo (who has only really had one good season) and Todorov to fall back on but if they get injured then Pardew could be under a bit of pressure?

Martin O'Neill called him the the model professional, Toshack who got rid of Savage for a shocking attitude and left our Cotterill for comments in the press made Bellamy the Welsh Captain - cant see him doing that if he had any attitude other than a professional one.

Martin O'Neill called him the the model professional, Toshack who got rid of Savage for a shocking attitude and left our Cotterill for comments in the press made Bellamy the Welsh Captain - cant see him doing that if he had any attitude other than a professional one.

That's Craig, "I swung a golf club at John Arne Risse" Bellamy? The same one?

I'm guessing he didnt / couldn't miss - but I don't know the story.

Edit sry read it as he swung a golf club at someone's a.r.s.e and that someone was John Arne Risse.

but yes so he obviously impressed Toshack and O'Neill - both of whom are strong managers which tells us what about Benetiz ?

Archived