IGNORED

Qpr - Nearly Sold Out I Think

brady bunch

Well the EE will have 2500 empty seats.

About 1,500 (2,500 Rangers & 1,000 City??-Unless City have sold more than 1,000 for the EE??) and I wonder what our real capacity actually is?

With the 200 extra seats in The Dolman, I reckon about 19,500.

No point looking at the official capacity 21,697 (200 Extra Dolman up from 21,497).

If 19,500's announced, it'll be interesting to look for 2,200 empty seats.

Let's see if we're still laughing when we play Scunny-Let's hope so!

I agree with your point. However, one or two on this forum (I'm not accusing you although you did start the thread!!) were almost taking delight that initial sales went slowly. When it was clear that sales were picking up we got the "it's all spin" and "they'll announce 19,500 when there's only 16,000 in the ground" lines. It seems that whatever happens now, we are going to get a respectable opening day crowd (I know that some, possibly 1,000, season ticket holders are on holiday and won't actually be there but those are the way our crowds have always been announced in recent years).

I am all for criticising Sextone when he gets it wrong but the opening day attendance is looking as though it is going to be respectable enough for any criticism to be unjustified. The Scunny attendance will depend a lot on how we do in our opening two games, I reckon, but on paper it is always going to be one of our lowest attendances of the season together with Colchester and Barnsley.

I agree with your point. However, one or two on this forum (I'm not accusing you although you did start the thread!!) were almost taking delight that initial sales went slowly. When it was clear that sales were picking up we got the "it's all spin" and "they'll announce 19,500 when there's only 16,000 in the ground" lines. It seems that whatever happens now, we are going to get a respectable opening day crowd (I know that some, possibly 1,000, season ticket holders are on holiday and won't actually be there but those are the way our crowds have always been announced in recent years).

No problem with that and 750-1,000 are missing virtually every week

I am all for criticising Sextone when he gets it wrong but the opening day attendance is looking as though it is going to be respectable enough for any criticism to be unjustified. The Scunny attendance will depend a lot on how we do in our opening two games, I reckon, but on paper it is always going to be one of our lowest attendances of the season together with Colchester and Barnsley.

No problem with that either.It's just a question of how much lower and our POD (inc Away Fans) will be the thing that makes us sink or swim this season.I'm very surprised we've almost sold out for QPR and I've got no sympathy whatsoever for those who don't get in as the tickets have been on sale for weeks.Like I said earlier, if we have a look after 6/7 home games we should have a good feel of the average by then.

Archived