IGNORED

The Next Month

december 1963

I doubt if I will add much to the passionate views being added to the forum today but here are just a few thoughts and opinions, for what they're worth. Firtsly, City don't bottle the run-in every year as some people have been saying. Last year we blew the Chesterfield away game but the rest of the run was strong. In my view City were better last year but we are currently still third.

I have to say that this appears to be a blow up of very large porportion and DW, usually a bland PR man, has not helped himslef by saying "the wheels haven't come off" and "Stockport may play for a draw" That kind of comment is a gaffe when things go wrong. The wheels have come off, sadly and when Reading, QPR and Plymouth people come on here they are enjoying a gloat (don't respond to them people, it only encourages them when they see you getting wound up - it's our forum).

So we now have arguably the most expensively assembled team in the Division and the most passionate fans. We expect our team not to bottle it becuase Danny has told us that they are stronger menatally than ever before. If Rougier and Murray are to make a difference to our result I expect it may take a few games and we may not have that long. But you all have to admit that somehting had to be done and something has been done.

If you can imagine the worst scenario and we lose or draw most of the rest of the games - and if we fail to make the playoffs or lose the playoffs then I think there is a high likleihood that the manager will be sacked just because that's what happens when expectations are so high. Then we'll have next season - playing the same boring teams - to find out whether our players are of insufficient quality or whether they were of high quality but mis managed or badly motivated. Whichever, the next month will tell us.

Danny willl still be here in the next 8 games and it is the next 8 which will show us all now what he and his players - our team - are made of. At the moment the jury is out but I hope we will give the players every encouragement that WE can in the next two home games and take it from there. Agreed ?

Archived