IGNORED

Three Divisions In One?

Bristol Boy

Them Prem's often split into three or even four divisions and if you split them at the start of the season it would be doubtful if you'd get many of the top or bottom four wrong.

The CCC's similar and we have an element of have's and have nots created by parachute payments for one thing.

Having had a brief look at our Division, it's packed with good size clubs and it really has a feel of we can all win on our day-At least until the end of season shake up.

I see the Div like this although that could change throughout the season as the surprise clubs emerge.

Top 7

Watford, WBA, Wolves, Soton, Sheff Utd PNE & Charlton--------7

You'd be delighted with a point away and perhaps one at home against these, if you were offered it at kick off.

Next 6

Norwich,Weds,Stoke,Palace,Coventry, Cardiff--------------------------6

Once again, a point away would be seen as an acheivement and a home win not far behind it

Next 11

S****horpe, City,QPR,Burnley,Ipswich, Hull, Leicester,Colchester,Plymouth,Blackpool, Barnsley------------------11

We'd like to think we could beat these teams at home but would still settle for a point away at most of them.

Over to you.

While the CCC may well split into 3 groups at some point - and some of your guesses will certainly be correct - I don't think the league's anywhere near as clear cut as that. This may begin to change in the future however, as the parachute payments become bigger and bigger.

There were many occasions last year of relegation contenders beating the top teams (seem to remember Southend thrashing Brum at St Andrews as 1 example). There's question marks over a lot of the teams - e.g. PNE (I wouldn't put them in the top bracket), Leicester (maybe playoffs?), right down to us (God knows).

While the CCC may well split into 3 groups at some point - and some of your guesses will certainly be correct - I don't think the league's anywhere near as clear cut as that. This may begin to change in the future however, as the parachute payments become bigger and bigger.

There were many occasions last year of relegation contenders beating the top teams (seem to remember Southend thrashing Brum at St Andrews as 1 example). There's question marks over a lot of the teams - e.g. PNE (I wouldn't put them in the top bracket), Leicester (maybe playoffs?), right down to us (God knows).

That's why I mentioned that anyone can beat anyone on their day.....Trouble is, Southend didn't have enough "days" last season.

PNE based on recent seasons, always the bridesmaid never the bride!

You could be right about Leicester, but I reckon these sides that have almost completely rebuilt will need time to gel, despit what Martin Allen says.Charlton have a ton of money but have sold quality to get some of that so they'll need time as well.........and as we all know in this game, that's the one thing you don't get very often.

Archived