IGNORED

Keogh

Komazawa

Both the first two goals were caused by the centre backs making mistakes in the air, I think thats why Johnson started Vasko instead even though Keough is probably a much better footballer, and the same goes for Fontaine, just because they aren't that tall and wouldn't win a lot of first time balls in the air

I thought Fontaine was very good when he came on. Last season I always thought he looked a bit suspect at centre back and that left back was his best position. But on todays showing he looked very comfortable. Despite him not being great in the air we dealt with the high balls better when Fontaine replaced Vasko.

Just shows how important a good understanding is needed between the centre backs.

Keogh was offerred a 2 year extension to the current 1 year option. Has Keogh signed the 2 year deal or is there a possibility of him leaving.

Based on last season he should have been the obvious choice with Mc Combe out. Something smells, unless he is injured.

I have not heard or read of any injury to Keogh and based on selections GJ has rated him our 5th placed centerback.

I cant imagine his form has dropped to that extent, and perhaps the fact that he has not signed the new 2 year contract reflects the uncertainty of his situation. Keogh may feel his ability demands more than 4th or 5th pick, GJ may feel Keogh needs to sign the contract and show commitment to the club. The other possibility is some interest from another club with better career options. That is entirely possible.

A 21 year old with huge potential who cant get regular first team football with City.

Both the first two goals were caused by the centre backs making mistakes in the air, I think thats why Johnson started Vasko instead even though Keough is probably a much better footballer, and the same goes for Fontaine, just because they aren't that tall and wouldn't win a lot of first time balls in the air

If I had to put my life savings on someone winning a challenge in the air or on th ground on the edge of our box, my money would be on RK & LF before TV.

Keogh was offerred a 2 year extension to the current 1 year option. Has Keogh signed the 2 year deal or is there a possibility of him leaving.

He hasn't signed and if you were RK, at present, would you?

Based on last season he should have been the obvious choice with Mc Combe out. Something smells, unless he is injured.

He's not injured and you're right, he is the obvious choice

I have not heard or read of any injury to Keogh and based on selections GJ has rated him our 5th placed centerback.

My list, based purely on ability) would be

• Carey
  • McCombe
  • Keogh
  • Fontaine
  • Vasko or Partridge

I cant imagine his form has dropped to that extent, and perhaps the fact that he has not signed the new 2 year contract reflects the uncertainty of his situation. Keogh may feel his ability demands more than 4th or 5th pick, GJ may feel Keogh needs to sign the contract and show commitment to the club. The other possibility is some interest from another club with better career options. That is entirely possible.

I don't think we'll see him until the contracts signed-That appears to be GJ's way

A 21 year old with huge potential who cant get regular first team football with City.

And we have another in Skuse who was fit and didn't make the squad Saturday-No fuss though, simply because Elliott was arguably MOM-That's the difference and players will accept selection on ability, not reputation or transfer fee.

Guest ashtonyate
If I had to put my life savings on someone winning a challenge in the air or on th ground on the edge of our box, my money would be on RK & LF before TV.

Lets be fair the first goal was because the Q P R player when in were it hurts to second was the fault of Showunmi just never got of the ground.

Archived