IGNORED

Trundle

Red Robin

One thing that stood out today was the continious long ball over the top to Trundle,the guy wants the ball at his feet,speak to any swansea fans the guy creates and score with ball to feet.

You could sense he was getting wound up with the high ball stuff,give him the ball to his feet and he is a different player,there was a 10 minute spell when this actually happened and he nearly scored and made numerous balls for others.

I'm sure it will be ironed out by GJ,however I did feel sorry for him with the continious longball he was getting.

One thing that stood out today was the continious long ball over the top to Trundle,the guy wants the ball at his feet,speak to any swansea fans the guy creates and score with ball to feet.

You could sense he was getting wound up with the high ball stuff,give him the ball to his feet and he is a different player,there was a 10 minute spell when this actually happened and he nearly scored and made numerour balls for others.

I'm sure it will be ironed out by GJ,however I did feel sorry for him with the continious longball he was getting.

Totally agree mate the bloke is deadly with the ball at his feet that his game but most of the time today it was all in the air!!!!

You could sense he was getting wound up with the high ball stuff,give him the ball to his feet and he is a different player,there was a 10 minute spell when this actually happened and he nearly scored and made numerour balls for others.

Spot on.

Sure it will be sorted though.

Thought the lad looked fit and raring...

Exactly, we also played him off a big man, chasing knock ons, which is also not his game due to the need of pace. he was also well marked by Mancieene, who read his game after 20 mins. Like all the team, we all need to be that yard quicker in movement and thought. You can see he has a good touch and talent. I mean it was his first game, front players need to work together to understand each other. Murray came on to add pace and to chase the channels. We are not going to get the balance right in one game. IMHO trundle would work better in a 4-5-1 playing where Nobes did last year. I also think Enoch is a better player with the ball on the floor, trouble is when you are as tall as he is everyone thinks high balls.

Finally, we need to work on the keeper feeding the ball out to the defence. Kicked balls just come straight back. That was something i recall from 9 years ago, you lose possesion cheaply, and put yourself under pressure.

All about learning and developing, and as you say GJ is no mug, he will have sen it all, and they will be working hard to maximise the talent available.

LT I'm sure is big enough to say he wants the ball at feet,I'm sure he will make his point after todays game.If we want him to score 20+goals he aint going to do it with missiles coming at him from defence.

Archived