IGNORED

We Must Address The Forward Line Problem

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

Sorry some will say my comment is a knee jerk reaction but the problem is still there and I have been saying it all the close season we need a ball winning center forward. Having not seem Trundle this season I particularly watch him he lacked anyone to play with Showunmi do his usual trick by running ever where except where he should be

To me Trundle is painfully slow he has a few tricks but I think he will struggle and the finally insult was being take off and replace by Murray a speed merchant

If he was on sell or return I think he would be back at Swansea on Monday. How fans think he had a good game just leaves me stumped.

It not all gloom & doom with some good performance Elliott looked a very good buy the centre half look a bit iffy but could do OK.

We must stop giving away poorly defended goals, Q P R deserved a point and if I am being honest perhaps all 3

I think it going to be a long season it was nice to see the Gate full but unless we pull are socks up it could start to dwindle back to 12/1300 K

Sorry some will say my comment is a knee jerk reaction but the problem is still there and I have been saying it all the close season we need a ball winning center forward. Having not seem Trundle this season I particularly watch him he lacked anyone to play with Showunmi do his usual trick by running ever where except where he should be

To me Trundle is painfully slow he has a few tricks but I think he will struggle and the finally insult was being take off and replace by Murray a speed merchant

If he was on sell or return I think he would be back at Swansea on Monday. How fans think he had a good game just leaves me stumped.

It not all gloom & doom with some good performance Elliott looked a very good buy the centre half look a bit iffy but could do OK.

We must stop giving away poorly defended goals, Q P R deserved a point and if I am being honest perhaps all 3

I think it going to be a long season it was nice to see the Gate full but unless we pull are socks up it could start to dwindle back to 12/1300 K

was it just me or did any one else think that trundle did well.In the first half so many of our chances came through him.

was it just me or did any one else think that trundle did well.In the first half so many of our chances came through him.

to be honest, i thought he was pretty much a non entity, i don't doubt the lads abitlity for one minute though, i think he will shine for us this season. i think it'll take most of our squad a few games to get into the flow. we know it's a different pace, the boys have to adjust and they can only do that with games. In my view i'd like to see a pacy forward brought in on the cheap. however, i have no suggestions. today showed we can compete and we will build on our performance and take things forward. chill out boys, we'll be just fine.

Guest ashtonyate
to be honest, i thought he was pretty much a non entity, i don't doubt the lads abitlity for one minute though, i think he will shine for us this season. i think it'll take most of our squad a few games to get into the flow. we know it's a different pace, the boys have to adjust and they can only do that with games. In my view i'd like to see a pacy forward brought in on the cheap. however, i have no suggestions. today showed we can compete and we will build on our performance and take things forward. chill out boys, we'll be just fine.

With a weak forward line the ball get hit back down the field putting our defence under pressure I thought we played ok a lot of the time but a lack of concentration it can be a killer at this level you can't take liberties the forward are more predatory and only need a smell of goal and you are one down.

So much judgement on ONE game :disapointed2se:

Guest ashtonyate
So much judgement on ONE game :disapointed2se:

One game twenty games it makes no matter with that forward we will struggle the is an inherent problem and it needs sorting now??

One game twenty games it makes no matter with that forward we will struggle the is an inherent problem and it needs sorting now??

Ashtonyate, do you EVER post anything POSITIVE on this board???? I know you are a cynical veteran of very many seasons watching City, but it wasnt that bad. The team are still gelling. The only major fault I saw today was lack of concentration for long spells

Guest ashtonyate
Ashtonyate, do you EVER post anything POSITIVE on this board???? I know you are a cynical veteran of very many seasons watching City, but it wasnt that bad. The team are still gelling. The only major fault I saw today was lack of concentration for long spells

How can I post a positive post about Trundle and Showunmi I will tell you what you post your comment and lets see what posativity you can come up with and see what the rest think

slightly harsh on just one game

it is bound to take a few weeks for the new boys to gel in to the team

there were 5 new signings playing today and i thought we played reasonably well

certainly showed we should be able to compete with most of the teams in the CCC

fair point on Trundles speed but then we knew that when we signed him he wasnt the quickest

but he will score goals and also set plenty up....um....sounds like a strikers job !

let the dust settle on the shake up in the team and then we will have a better picture of where we are / need to improve on

:city:

How can I post a positive post about Trundle and Showunmi I will tell you what you post your comment and lets see what posativity you can come up with and see what the rest think

Please see post on the other topic. I found plenty positive during the game. Next.

Ashtonyate I don't usually get involved with your debates. Can I ask why you always look at the glass half empty all the time instead of half full? Are you like this with life in general? I thought overall we played well today but its early days and I'm amazed you can make so many judgements after one match.

Guest ashtonyate
slightly harsh on just one game

it is bound to take a few weeks for the new boys to gel in to the team

there were 5 new signings playing today and i thought we played reasonably well

certainly showed we should be able to compete with most of the teams in the CCC

fair point on Trundles speed but then we knew that when we signed him he wasnt the quickest

but he will score goals and also set plenty up....um....sounds like a strikers job !

let the dust settle on the shake up in the team and then we will have a better picture of where we are / need to improve on

:city:

The rest of the team played OK my main point is the forwards Showunmi is not a center forward is was the same last year he is still doing the same thing not holding his position he cant head a ball he is at best a wide midfielder

Hey Bucks. it's just Yin and Yan ..... Black & White......Chinn & Chapman ......... Mud, Hawkwind or the Feeling?

no about the forward line that's what my post is about

Ah, OK, thought Trundle was ok meself. Wasnt getting a huge amount of service for most of the came. And Showumni cant head, but we all know that. Was causing problems when he got the ball, just not when heading it.

Have to agree with billywedlock on this one. No point having a player of LT's skill if you keep bashing long high balls at him, something we did too much of especially in the second half when we were under pressure I thought. I reckon he would benefit from having Noble behind him. I've got absolutely no doubt however that LT and GJ will get it right.

Guest ashtonyate
Have to agree with billywedlock on this one. No point having a player of LT's skill if you keep bashing long high balls at him, something we did too much of especially in the second half when we were under pressure I thought. I reckon he would benefit from having Noble behind him. I've got absolutely no doubt however that LT and GJ will get it right.

Trundle strenth is in the 18 yard box he needs to have a player to play off with him, Showunmi is not a trarget man Centre foward. This is not a new problem is was a fault last season.

I spent most of the close season pointing out the problem and took a lot of stick from poster on here remember me saying( get eaten up and spat out) now the birds are coming home to roost.

We have only one player anything like the type of player on the books that we need and thats Brooker, he passed by yesterday and "said he is not far off being ready to play" if he can stay fit OK but we still need cover for that position.

If we don't do anything about the problem we will be luky to stay up A lot of you think Johnson is God Like but I think he has made a poor signing with Trundle the money spent on him should have been used to buy a faster younger player.

1st game we did well could have won then could have lost. we will only get better iam sure.

lets see after 10 games then you can start that shit

you are starting already to pick on Trundle, and unless we start to give him or whoever plays with him some decent service they are not going to score many goals, as soon as they took Trundle of they started putting the ball over the top for Murray to run on to who scored a great goal, need I say more

Guest ashtonyate
you are a c**k.

1st game we did well could have won then could have lost. we will only get better iam sure.

lets see after 10 games then you can start that shit

If you wait 10 games the transfer window will be closed it needs addressing now not in 10 games time

Well Hawkwind as youre asking....now which one is Dave Brock, and which one Nik turner? :whistle2:

Now that is an answer and a half followed by a question and a half..........

Both were in it from the start and one got kicked out.

The answer is Robert Calvert....... because he became the missing 'other half' .....

Up the City!

Guest ashtonyate
I think AYs just jealous that no merde has stolen his thunder.

Not really just glad someone else has the big red things to come out and say it I must have hit the right note with my post because i general get call a rover supporter by now

He is right though, yeh we can say it all needs time to settle but at the end of the day, we havent got a player that plays on the shoulder of the last defender with bags of pace to tear apart teams; Jevons is static, Enoch cant win a header either and thats not Trundles game. We need a player to do this or we will be massively exposed this season. We will continue to fail to break teams down properly as it is limiting the options we have up top without this type of player.

Not to knock our own players, but do you really think that either Jevo or Enoch would be the answer to this?

First of all, I was more than happy with the performance. 1st game of the season and for the first 30 minutes we was superb. People have got to appreciate that in this league we are not going to run the game for 90 minutes like in Lge 1, Even against the "lesser" sides in the division. As an earlier poster said, We could easily have won or lost and a draw was a fair result.

On Trundle, I think I saw enough to recognise that he will prove a good buy. A couple more games and a couple weeks of training and he'l be a yard sharper which IMO he does need to be. He obviously has the ability and will create and score goals for us. I do think that playing Showunmi along side him is not the answer though but this is through no fault of Enoch himself as I thought he actually done okay yesterday.

If we can tighten up at the back and have somebody with good pace playing along side Trundle then we could be a very dangerous side. I'm also more concerned about the goals we are shipping than anything else and if we can get that sorted then we will be fine.

Archived