IGNORED

Anyone Hear/record Sl's Prematch Interview On Radio Bris Yesterday?

WhistleHappy

Radio Bristol yesterday around lunchtime..

Steve L was asked for his thoughts pre-match yesterday on the upcoming Championship season & what it means to him personally & BCFC as a club, the future hopes etc... Ultimately dreams of maybe one day BCFC having a 40,000 seater stadium & playing in the Prem, but for now the Clubs moving in right direction on & off the field & SL's a happy man.

When asked which games he's looking forwards to & clubs he particularly wants to see at AG this season he picked out the obvious 'big' Championship clubs like the Sheffields, Southamptons, Wolves etc....

Then went on to say for local rivalry Plymouth (& its manager Mr Holloway -who got a mention) &

....STOKE with MR PULIS who he's sure will get an interesting/warm welcome on his return to Ashton Gate!! ...........

(no love lost there then when it comes to Tony Clueless it seems!!..)

Nice one Steve - one of the lads! :)

(was hoping it would be on the Radio Bris 'play again' feature but cant find it... anyone happen to record it/or have a link? I'm sure it would interest loads of us on here!)

Radio Bristol yesterday around lunchtime..

Steve L was asked for his thoughts pre-match yesterday on the upcoming Championship season & what it means to him personally & BCFC as a club, the future hopes etc... Ultimately dreams of maybe one day BCFC having a 40,000 seater stadium & playing in the Prem, but for now the Clubs moving in right direction on & off the field & SL's a happy man.

When asked which games he's looking forwards to & clubs he particularly wants to see at AG this season he picked out the obvious 'big' Championship clubs like the Sheffields, Southamptons, Wolves etc....

Then went on to say for local rivalry Plymouth (& its manager Mr Holloway -who got a mention) &

....STOKE with MR PULIS who he's sure will get an interesting/warm welcome on his return to Ashton Gate!! ...........

(no love lost there then when it comes to Tony Clueless it seems!!..)

Nice one Steve - one of the lads! :)

(was hoping it would be on the Radio Bris 'play again' feature but cant find it... anyone happen to record it/or have a link? I'm sure it would interest loads of us on here!)

I caught the end of the interview, and along with the general tone of ambition, that quote stuck out with me too - SteveL predicting Ian Holloway and Tony Pulis would get a 'warm' reception. Even from the other side of the radio, I could detect his tongue wedged firmly in the side of his cheek.

With the exception of the stewarding/policing, and the disappointing, worrying empty spaces in the Premier Seating again, I thought Saturday showed how not just the players but the club as a whole and its fans had made the transition to the Championship very well. Going down to Ashton Gate felt like a Championship experience. I felt very proud of how far the club on and off the pitch had moved forward since that wonderful last day of the season. It felt like we were back where we belong.

At least until we get into the Premier League...

Archived