IGNORED

What Manager Would You Like

KingswoodRed

Although I definitely want him gone if we don't win promotion, it would be very unfair to sack Wilson if we went up.

Also, I think his style of football is better suited to staying up than going up. We could go back to the nice passing football of the early Wilson days, without the pressure of having to win *all* the games (obviously there'll be more pressure if we don't win at least some). When we've played 1st division sides in the past under Wilson we've generally looked good but lacked a cutting edge. I think we'd be good for somewhere between 10th and 15th place, which would suit me just fine.

Also, I think his style of football is better suited to staying up than going up.
Something the fans of Barnsley and Sheff Wednesday would no doubt agree with.

I dont think we'll go up but if we do i'll take my hat off to Wilson and say his 3 deadline day signings made the difference.

If we fail do go up then he really should fall on his sword. There are no more excuses. This is his team, his formations, his substitutions, he's been heavily backed by a board who could offer little more. Despite people who care to argue this is the worst 2nd divisions since our return.

If he goes then I cant really think of a manager who could turn us around. Cotterill maybe? Despite the claims of 'hoofball' i've never seen a team get promoted playing awful football and at least he's young enough & motivated enough to do the midweek donkey work of checking out our opponents and looking for local non league talent.

Hmm good point! But to be fair, Barnsley didn't have much chance, and Wednesday were fine in his first season.

I certainly wouldn't have Cotterill, though, the accusations of hoofball are well-founded, and I think he's another example of a manager who did well at the club where he cut his teeth, but has been unable to reproduce that conclusively elsewhere (hmm, now where have I heard that before?)

Dan

Guest torquay red

i have mentioned this before :Sleep12: but the man for the job is leroy roseinior,if you could have seen torquay play before he took over,well it gives a new meaning to the word CRAP,they could not string more than 2 passes together,but now with the same players and finances they are a good football team,and they score goals!if city could entice him back,which should not be too hard,then i reckon he would sort out our problems e.g playing the right formation with players in the right positions!I wish wilson would read the comments on here,I'm sick of the same thing season after season of city not quite good enouth for the 1st div,i want city in the premiership not the 1st!look at last season when we lost to cardiff in the playoffs :@ exactly the same thing this year,and the way things are goin ill be able to watch city at plainmoor next season,one consolation i suppose :whistle:

Rosenior would be my choice as well.

One of Wilson's many problems is the way he picks the 11 "best" (his favourite) players, and fits them to positions, rather than picking the best player in each position. Thus, in order to accomodate Tinnion, Wilkshire and Doherty, one of them has to be played out of position. It would be more sensible to drop one of them and play a better suited player, even if player-for-player, the team looks slightly worse.

Dan

Guest black golf

unfair to sack wilson if we went up

look at the last five games we played wilson dont know his ass from his elbow

he aint got a bloodly clue

if we do go up and the fool stayed what happens when we play teams like

west ham

sheffield utd

sunderland

bye bye

mr wilson :whistle:

Guest eviltaxman

On Thursday, just before the deadline, I volunteered to be the mid-30's fatty to play in midfield for £500 a week + perks :P

If all goes pear shaped, I'll volunteer again, this time to be Manager. I'm a nice enough guy, but I don't like slackers... so there would be a few rears ends being kicked or transferred. :@

Archived