IGNORED

Ratings & Review

Bristol Boy

I don't normally post until Sunday but I travelled so full of hope and left the game 10 minutes from time, which is rare, in order to travel home.

I was gutted and take no pleasure from writing this.

No punches pulled and in my inimitable style, my view with regard to the tactical disaster that is DW and the incapability of his players and staff.

The second half was worse that the first and that was bad.

We were beaten by a side that cost £25,000 to assemble.They outplayed us, looked more "up for it," technically better and stronger.

They were first to the ball-every ball.

We had £565,00......ON THE BENCH.

Tell me about the managers judgement now.

His ability to motivate is zero.He doesn't know what to do and I walked out with and after, hundreds.

Phillips: 7/10 Two decent saves, bit awkward on crosses, but the goals weren't down to him

Carey: 3/10 Both goals down to him and a poor performance.Awful passing.

Coles:4/10 Poor passing and generally unsure.

Butler 4/10 Poor passing and gave the ball and free kicks away, all game.

Hill 5/10 Usual awful distribution and useless going forward.Gave the ball away continually.

Murray 5/10 One really good corner, once Tinman was convinced that he shouldn't bu**er all of them up.Looked about a yard slower than last year.

Wilkshire 6/10 I couldn't understand the substitution as he looked OK, not great, before he left the field.At least DW started him in the middle.

Doherty: 5/10 Gone backwards since Sheff Weds.Back to his early season form.Looks unfit and slow.

Tinnion 4/10 Got himself booked like a 9 year old and started by DW wide-Then moved to the middle, where he wasn't as bad, but not good.

Peacock: 5/10 Goal marked him up from 4.Worked his socks off. but so do I and they won't let me play.Gave away to many fouls and didn't hold the ball up well enough.

Rougier: 4/10 If DW wanted to sign better than we had, he failed with this bloke.

If God brought him here, then perhaps he should take him soemwhere else.Couple of skillful touches, when wide and just as he looked as though he was becoming more useful, DW took him off and brought Roberts on!!

Roberts: 4/10 Didn't score and no better than Rougier.Forget the silly hair and boots.Concentrate on your football, taff.

Woodman: 4/10 So Goodfellows on the bench and a left winger.You paid £100k for "something you haven't got."

Tinman CAN'T play wide........but still you knew that, after Oldham, so, after playing Tinman wide............you bring on your left back to play left wing, take off your £250,000 central midfielder, who you bought to play wide, move Tinman TO THE MIDDLE AND PLAY THE LEFT BACK, LEFT WING, WHICH HE CAN'T DO.

The words tactically inept, woeful, incompetent, arrogant fool, spring to mind.

They are far to complimentary.

Leave this club by Monday.

Fawthrop & Taylor can take over until the end of this season (NOT TINNION) and then we can bring in someone like John Ward or Ronnie Moore, who knows what it takes to get out of this poxy Division.

This weekend, I'll post my retained list on the basis we'll be playing Div 2 Football next season.

Rougier: 4/10 If DW wanted to sign better than we had, he failed with this bloke.

If God brought him here, then perhaps he should take him soemwhere else.Couple of skillful touches, when wide and just as he looked as though he was becoming more useful, DW took him off and brought Roberts on!!

Bloody ###### hell , your having a go at a bloke who has played 55 minute for us! He looked a class player , he's not a striker by the way he's a right winger so he was played out of position , when he got the ball outwide they couldnt get the ball off him. And as for roberts , he's just a scapegoat and it really ##### me off that people have a go at him and not have a go at peacock even though he's much better than that lump of turd peacock.

Bloody ###### hell , your having a go at a bloke who has played 55 minute for us! He looked a class player , he's not a striker by the way he's a right winger so he was played out of position , when he got the ball outwide they couldnt get the ball off him. And as for roberts , he's just a scapegoat and it really ##### me off that people have a go at him and not have a go at peacock even though he's much better than that lump of turd peacock.
Class player??

Jesus

THE FOOL signed him as something better than we have.I'd rather have Lita than any of them, on todays showing.

What's the point of signing TWO RIGHT WINGERS???

THREE, IF YOU COUNT GOODFELLOW AND FOUR IF YOU COUNT WILKSHIRE WHO THE FOOL PLAYED THERE TO START WITH :@ :@ :@

He won't score the goals we need to get up and DW is now on his last legs.

THE FOOL MUST GO :whistle:

Class player??

Jesus

THE FOOL signed him as something better than we have.I'd rather have Lita than any of them, on todays showing.

What's the point of signing TWO RIGHT WINGERS???

THREE, IF YOU COUNT GOODFELLOW AND FOUR IF YOU COUNT WILKSHIRE WHO THE FOOL PLAYED THERE TO START WITH :@ :@ :@

He won't score the goals we need to get up and DW is now on his last legs.

THE FOOL MUST GO :whistle:

Why take out your frustration with wilson on rougier , he will do his best for the team like he said. And he played very well today much better than peacock , if murray doesnt play well we have a class right winger in rougier , but then again you were probably the bloke i heard behind me moaning after 20 minutes when he did one thing wrong , we dont need fans like him or you , go and support rovers.

Why take out your frustration with wilson on rougier , he will do his best for the team like he said. And he played very well today much better than peacock , if murray doesnt play well we have a class right winger in rougier , but then again you were probably the bloke i heard behind me moaning after 20 minutes when he did one thing wrong , we dont need fans like him or you , go and support rovers.
well said

how about some constructive criticism?

i think you should be questioning wether you can call yourself a city 'fan'

or are you a part-timer?

Part timer, you cheeky little dipstick.

I've followed City for 38 years and attended more games and grounds than you ever will.As a season ticket holder I make a 300 mile round trip to see a home game.

Part Timer? :whistle:

How about telling DW to do something constructive?

Read my posts on this Forum and the Old one before you come on here telling me what I am or what to do, you upstart.

Stop knocking those who contribute financially, year in, year out, take off the rose tinted specs, open your eyes and get real.

Beeing a supporter doesn't mean cheering everyting you see.

I'll be here long after DW and any of the players.I've seen Boards & Managers come and go and I demand more from these overpaid numties, who don't know they're born!!

You picked on that comment out of a whole bunch of others.

DW said that Rougier was better than what we had.

He's not a better winger than Murray and he's not a better player than Miller, who cost us a fortune and was left on the bench.

The bloke has no idea what he's doing.

yes thought Rougier started well and looked capable of playing wide or up front. held the ball up well and looked strong and quick - reckon he would work well with lita or miller up front.

Couldn't believe the stick some fans were giving our players during the game - Roberts first touch and a couple of lads near me were swearing and hurling abuse at him (almost felt like reporting them for being racist, the abuse was that bad)

Disgusting, hate to hear and see it from so called city fans - actually ruins the game for those around them - we moved in the end it got so bad :whistle: :@

I must agree with Bristol Boy. DW has lost it. There is no place now for Roberts now on the right wing since the arrival of Scotty , so what did he do today, he brings him on from the bench into a central striking role. Recently Until the transfer deadline it has always been Miller or Lita down the middle, today it was for more or less the first time this season Roberts. What the hell was his reasoning for this decision except PANIC. Besides that does he not realise by now Tinman can only play in the middle of mid field, not on the left.

I must agree with Bristol Boy. DW has lost it. There is no place now for Roberts now on the right wing since the arrival of Scotty , so what did he do today, he brings him on from the bench into a central striking role. Recently Until the transfer deadline it has always been Miller or Lita down the middle, today it was for more or less the first time this season Roberts. What the hell was his reasoning for this decision except PANIC. Besides that does he not realise by now Tinman can only play in the middle of mid field, not on the left.
Well seeing as roberts is a striker i have no complaints about that , but i agree with you about tinnion on the left , even after tinnion had hinted he cant play there dw still refuses to listen!

Wouldn't disagree with Bristol Boy except the rating for Tony Rougier. Tony Rougier gets 8 out of 10 from me. Rougier had just made his debut in an unfamiliar team, held the ball up well and banged in a few great crosses. When Rougier was taken off the pressure was relieved on Port Vale and they went 2 up within minutes. I like the look of Rougier in a BCFC shirt as he's an awkward player for the opposition to defend against.

Wilson Out

Guest XrAnGeX

Bristol Boy isn't living in happy clappy land like some. Respect.

The only reason he is critical is due to the fact that he wants Bristol City be successful, quite clearly. Over the last 4 years we have seen our rivals cardiff, wigan, reading, crewe, watford, fulham etc..... fly past us. Even the likes of Gillingham, Rotheram, Preston........

It is our time now. We shouldn't be content in division 2. The board have been "Excellent" and I feel Steve L has done a fantstic job.

Personally...... We have quality in the players we now have, We have an excellent board.... Is Danny to blame?

Come the end of the season, we will see.

Bristol Boy isn't living in happy clappy land like some. Respect.

The only reason he is critical is due to the fact that he wants Bristol City be successful, quite clearly. Over the last 4 years we have seen our rivals cardiff, wigan, reading, crewe, watford, fulham etc..... fly past us. Even the likes of Gillingham, Rotheram, Preston........

It is our time now. We shouldn't be content in division 2. The board have been "Excellent" and I feel Steve L has done a fantstic job.

Personally...... We have quality in the players we now have, We have an excellent board.... Is Danny to blame?

Come the end of the season, we will see.

Well said, but it's DW's team.

He signed most of them and the Board backed him with the money.

Our team

Butler-Big signing on fee, wages and long contract.

Goodfellow £100k

Peacock £600k

Miller £365K

Roberts £100k

Wilkshire £250k

Murray £200k (Balance of Fee owed by Reading/Guess)

Rougier-Wages

Caskey-Wages

Matthews £100k

Port Vale: £25k the lot.

That's what galls me :whistle:

Phillips, Carey, Hill, Coles, Doherty, Woodman, Amaankwah, Brown A, Fortune, Burnell,Lita, all FOC.

Tinnion £180k Osman

Bell £120k-John Ward who also signed Murray originally.

Sorry Danny, but your transfer dealings have been poor.

As has been said above, Rougier in my book did a reasonable job.

Just beginning to find his feet after a slowish start and he gets hauled off by our 'manager', for a bloke who has scored one league goal all season, who you knew was going to be ineffective and eventually was ineffective.

Not only that but at the same time, DW takes off Wilkshire, who was probably our best midfielder up till then and looked as though he was finally beginning to get back to the pace of 2nd div football since his return from his international stint.

Pushing Tins into the middle, who do you then bring on to play wide out on the left? A naturally left-footed wide player, back on his old stamping ground no doubt desparate to please a posse of onlooking relatives/friends etc, or a young inexperienced natural full back? Step forward DW to add another page to his lengthy publication of mystifying substitutions and on comes Woodman. Amazing!! :whistle:

I'm far from being a happy clappy and have been very critical of Wilson lately, but sometimes for whatever reason it just doesn't happen, yes there were some strange substitutions but bottom line is after those substitutions, we went on and scored a goal and with a bit more luck could have nicked an equaliser, we were in the game at 0-0, we were un-done by playing 3 players offside but another stole in at the back and scored, I'm not happy with the result but I think our performance deserved more than what we got, we haven't looked good all season in all fairness, yet we are still in with a shout of a play off spot and maybe auto's.

As has been said above, Rougier in my book did a reasonable job.

Just beginning to find his feet after a slowish start and he gets hauled off by our 'manager', for a bloke who has scored one league goal all season, who you knew was going to be ineffective and eventually was ineffective.

The Tony Rougier substitution totally baffled me. Rougier did not look tired or injured and he really was starting to cause Port Vale some real problems :whistle:

Archived