IGNORED

Cardiff City In Financial Crisis!

Red Ferret

Aww what a pity.

Who'd have thought they'd end up in financial trouble with such sound financial nouse as Sam Hamman and then Peter Ridsdale running the club?

I wonder who this mysterious company that only Sam Hamman ever talked to really is eh?

I'm going to crack open a nice bottle of Bushmill's and chuckle quietly.

Best. News. Ever

This has made my night

From BBC sport

Cardiff City's main financial backers have initiated legal proceedings against the club over claims they have not repaid more than £30m in debts.

Law firm Hextalls LLP, acting on behalf of Cardiff backers Langston, have accused the club's board of mismanaging their finances.

Cardiff are also accused of misleading the public about the health of their accounts for the year ending May 2006.

"Any allegations are refuted," said Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale.

Ridsdale added: "The statements released by Hextalls LLP seem to be an ill informed mixture of fiction and general confusion."

The Hextalls LLP's statement read: "Our client's claim is that this sum is due for payment now as a result of the club's inability to meet certain deadlines as well as breaching the terms of its loan agreement in respect of the capital sum plus interest.

"It had been hoped to resolve the matter privately and in confidence but the club has repeatedly ignored numerous requests to discuss the debt and its implications.

"As a result of legal proceedings commencing, the issues have now become public and therefore this statement is being made.

"The court action is being taken reluctantly but our client has been left with no alternative following the club's failure to respond to repeated approaches."

doesnt matter if they refute them - these people are their MAIN BACKERS and want their money back RIGHT NOW cos they say they have been misled about the clubs finances. Even if they win, we could see months of crippling court action. What is it with Ridsdale the man with the reverse midas touch!

Oh what joy, main summer signing is crocked, club is bust, manager can't leave as he's a shareholder.

Wheres that Nice Mr Nice now!

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

I think that could be a fairly plausible explanation. Hammam won't speak to Ridsdale, only sent him an sms saying he wont talk except through lawyers, but is also reported to be working with someone in the supporters club to act as a "mediator" between fans and the board. The "backers" want a change in management

My opinion is that this will drag the club down and divert them away from footballing matters. Once city lawyers are involved, they simply don't let go without a lot of money being paid (£500 an hour) I know as I worked for years for a company very similar to Hextalls.

As for Hasslebaink - if I was him I would ask for cash up front to play. Hopefull all will come to a head in the weeks before we play them.

There's a lot more fun to come. Can't wait for the next instalment.!

Archived