IGNORED

Match Thread

Proper Job

Never say that whilst Ashtonyate has his fingers poised for some typed vitriol. I fear he may be quiet tonight though.

You kidding.......` Trundle, waste of money, another 45 mins tonight and he`s still not past the 20 goal mark.......only 500 made the trip to Brentford, what a disappointment....only managed to score 2 goals tonight, we`ll never stay up at this rate.....`

PDG

You kidding.......` Trundle, waste of money, another 45 mins tonight and he`s still not past the 20 goal mark.......only 500 made the trip to Brentford, what a disappointment....only managed to score 2 goals tonight, we`ll never stay up at this rate.....`

PDG

HA HA HA That's true enough. I love Ashtonyate.

Nice to see Jevons in the goals nice and early this season. Plus put in a shift and scored alongside both Enoch and Trundle, so could be used in combination with both.

Anyone got any preferences for the next round? Personally hope we get another small to mid-sized team (league one to two).

Nice to see Louis is watching the forum. Alright me babber!

Final Match Stats

Brentford : City

Goal Attempts 7 : 12 Goal Attempts

On Target 4 : 6 On Target

Crosses 2 : 4 Crosses

Corners 3 : 5 Corners

Offside 1 : 5 Offside

Fouls 12 : 6 Fouls

Free kicks 14 : 14 Free kicks

Yellow cards 1 : 1 Yellow cards

Red cards - : - Red cards

% Possession 43 : 57 Possession %

Final Match Stats

Brentford : City

Goal Attempts 7 : 12 Goal Attempts

On Target 4 : 6 On Target

Crosses 2 : 4 Crosses

Corners 3 : 5 Corners

Offside 1 : 5 Offside

Fouls 12 : 6 Fouls

Free kicks 14 : 14 Free kicks

Yellow cards 1 : 1 Yellow cards

Red cards - : - Red cards

% Possession 43 : 57 Possession %

Very easy but now were championship its expected but job still got to be done

up the city

It may only be fourth division opposition but not only have we beaten them but we have also shown the gulf in class that should be (but is not always) present in these games. Not every Championship club last night or tonight can say they have done that (Southampton, Preston, QPR, Colchester, S****horpe, Ipswich, Leicester, Blackpool, Burnley, Barnsley, Plymouth, Cardiff, Palace, Stoke and West Brom have all either lost, are in extra time or have been unconvincing winners).

Well done city,clean sheetjob done.

jevons must surely have a shoe in for blackpool,should keep a few of his critics a little quieter for a few days.

Agreed. Good result City.

Personally I've never had any doubts about Jevons ability when the pressure is off-Yet again it sound's like the guy had a decent match...........against BRENTFORD in the CARLING CUP.

Like it or not I'm starting to notice a trend with Jevons :fish:

Archived