IGNORED

Nathan Ellington

Bristol Boy

Asked for a transfer, quality, experienced in The Championship.

Now, that would show REAL ambition.

As opposed to PRETEND ambition?

You seem to be real keen to spend other people's money. Perhaps you should consider some REAL pragmatism.

Smells a bit gaseous, but a proven player at this level, but like Earnshaw and Huckerby, not quite good enough for the prem.IMO (as Derby will find out!!)

Would be pricey and wages would shatter the ceiling at AG.Better call than Cole/Hasselbaink though as at least he isn't superannuated!!

More chance of Ashtonyate being seconded on to the board!!

Guest ashtonyate
Smells a bit gaseous, but a proven player at this level, but like Earnshaw and Huckerby, not quite good enough for the prem.IMO (as Derby will find out!!)

Would be pricey and wages would shatter the ceiling at AG.Better call than Cole/Hassel though as at least he isn't superannuated!!

More chance of Ashtonyate being seconded on to the board!!baink

No its eight to the board

After buying Trundle how can you say Ellington would cost to much money Cole/Hasselbank are to old in the tooth now

No its eight to the board

After buying Trundle how can you say Ellington would cost to much money Cole/Hasselbank are to old in the tooth now

Trundle £1m fee + £8k a week (roughly i would guess), Ellington £2-3M + £15000+ a week(again a rough guess and probably underestimating his wages)

Guest ashtonyate
Trundle £1m fee + £8k a week (roughly i would guess), Ellington £2-3M + £15000+ a week(again a rough guess and probably underestimating his wages)

Trundle nearly 31 1 game in CC Ellington 27/28 played most of this games at a higher level

Guest ashtonyate
Wayne Rooney has played his entire career in the Premiership, WE COULDN'T AFFORD HIM EITHER!!!!

I think there is a bit of a difference in transfer fees between Rooney & Ellington and the twos wages, but if you think what Trundle has cost a couple of mill is not that dear.

I just been talking to a Swansea fan he could not believe what we paid for him he thought that he was on the verge of retiring.

I think there is a bit of a difference in transfer fees between Rooney & Ellington and the twos wages, but if you think what Trundle has cost a couple of mill is not that dear.

I just been talking to a Swansea fan he could not believe what we paid for him he thought that he was on the verge of retiring.

I can he's a 20 a season goal scorer. Proven in fact for the last 4 seasons. OK so he's come from league 1 but so what, GJ thinks he's good enough and that's what counts. I think he's good enough yes 1 million quid is a lot for a 31 year old but if he helps us establish our club in the Championship it will be money well spent.

Swansea fans are gutted to lose him.

As for your laughable comment that he was on the verge of retiring, where do you get these stupid comments from???? Go on admit it you've made it up.

Guest ashtonyate
I can he's a 20 a season goal scorer. Proven in fact for the last 4 seasons. OK so he's come from league 1 but so what, GJ thinks he's good enough and that's what counts. I think he's good enough yes 1 million quid is a lot for a 31 year old but if he helps us establish our club in the Championship it will be money well spent.

Swansea fans are gutted to lose him.

As for your laughable comment that he was on the verge of retiring, where do you get these stupid comments from???? Go on admit it you've made it up.

He may have scored 20 goal in the last 4 season but I bet you he will not score 20 goals a season for the next 4 when he was 26 witch he must have been he was worth a Million now 300k at the most. truthfully I did speak to a Swansea fan and he did say we were mad to pay that much for him, but you are right i did make up the retirement bit

No its not the transfer fee that's the problem as that is the going rate for a player like Ellington, who, at his age, should/could well be in his prime, its the wage demands that would be the stumbling block. He's been at a higher championship/lower premiership club ever since leaving Rovers so will have been on decent enough wages.

Though saying that, McIndoe probably isnt going too cheap.

I personally wouldnt mind Ellington down here despite being ex Rovers.

Guest ashtonyate
No its not the transfer fee that's the problem as that is the going rate for a player like Ellington, who, at his age, should/could well be in his prime, its the wage demands that would be the stumbling block. He's been at a higher championship/lower premiership club ever since leaving Rovers so will have been on decent enough wages.

Though saying that, McIndoe probably isnt going too cheap.

I personally wouldnt mind Ellington down here despite being ex Rovers.

That's the world we are in, you pay the money and take the gamble but in Ellington case he has the pedigree were as Trundle has no form in this league or right we may not get Ellington but that's the type and age we need to be looking at

That's the world we are in, you pay the money and take the gamble but in Ellington case he has the pedigree were as Trundle has no form in this league or right we may not get Ellington but that's the type and age we need to be looking at

But if a team like Wolves come in for him then he would choose then over us because they can offer him more, and they can offer him a promotion push whereas this season we would be offering him the chance to play in the same league next season (hopefully)

Guest ashtonyate
But if a team like Wolves come in for him then he would choose then over us because they can offer him more, and they can offer him a promotion push whereas this season we would be offering him the chance to play in the same league next season (hopefully)

If you don't ask the question then you will not get an answer

Archived