IGNORED

Spoke To Gary Johnson Last Night

Guest CHL

Hi guys

As i was queing for my ticket at Brentford last night I came across GJ near the home end talking to his brother Pete so I poppped over to him to say hello and asked him a number of things which he answered for me.

Firstly I asked him how Brooks was getting on. He shrugged and said making progress but my guess is as good as his when he will be back but he did indicate that he is still very much in his plans.

I then asked him if anyone was coming in before end of the month to which he replied "I wouldnt have thought so now" saying he was happy with what we have and that he SIGNED SPROULE AS A STRIKER (NOT A WINGER) and would like to play him as one when his suspension is up. he spoke very highly of him too.

One thing did make me laugh, i wasnt that struck on saturdays game and i said i was a bit gutted after saturday and he asked me "why?" Well i thought it was obvious why having conceded a poor goal a minute after scoring a sublime one. to which he said "it was a great game though werent it?" I sort of agreed with him to be polite but thought to myself "ive seen better!". but all in all had a decent chat with him and hope the info is useful.

Jevons meanwhile had a good game once Trunds came on. linked up well but we musnt get carried away as the bees were a poor side. I reckon bottom half of league 2 for them this season.

Hi guys

As i was queing for my ticket at Brentford last night I came across GJ near the home end talking to his brother Pete so I poppped over to him to say hello and asked him a number of things which he answered for me.

Firstly I asked him how Brooks was getting on. He shrugged and said making progress but my guess is as good as his when he will be back but he did indicate that he is still very much in his plans.

I then asked him if anyone was coming in before end of the month to which he replied "I wouldnt have thought so now" saying he was happy with what we have and that he SIGNED SPROULE AS A STRIKER (NOT A WINGER) and would like to play him as one when his suspension is up. he spoke very highly of him too.

One thing did make me laugh, i wasnt that struck on saturdays game and i said i was a bit gutted after saturday and he asked me "why?" Well i thought it was obvious why having conceded a poor goal a minute after scoring a sublime one. to which he said "it was a great game though werent it?" I sort of agreed with him to be polite but thought to myself "ive seen better!". but all in all had a decent chat with him and hope the info is useful.

Jevons meanwhile had a good game once Trunds came on. linked up well but we musnt get carried away as the bees were a poor side. I reckon bottom half of league 2 for them this season.

Shame you didnt ask him why he swapped our left footed left winger with the right footed right winger on saturday!

Shame you didnt ask him why he swapped our left footed left winger with the right footed right winger on saturday!

GJ dosnt like people critisising him. Once before I had problems with that when giving an opinion. he is very quick to defend himself. So I was careful i ddint ask too many questions.

Interesting. :noexpression:

Weird IMO. Nearly every game Sproule has played in professional football has been on the wing, he played on the wing in friendlies... and we've signed him as a striker? Well, if it's true we'll just have to hope it's a masterstroke but it seems quite risky to me.

I wouldn't read too much into what GJ supposedly said to this bloke last night- sounds a tad strange that Johnson would start to discuss positions/tactics of his squad with a random person outside the stadium.

Plus I Would of thought Johnson may of played Ivan as a striker in all of the Pre-season games if that was going to be his true position? Just don't see it. Johnson was obviously having a laugh or someones got there wires crossed.

Ivan is a winger. You'll see.

I wouldn't read too much into what GJ supposedly said to this bloke last night- sounds a tad strange that Johnson would start to discuss positions/tactics of his squad with a random person outside the stadium.

Plus I Would of thought Johnson may of played Ivan as a striker in all of the Pre-season games if that was going to be his true position? Just don't see it. Johnson was obviously having a laugh or someones got there wires crossed.

Ivan is a winger. You'll see.

Strange because on the offical site in squad profiles he is listed as a striker there aswell.

I said when he signed that GJ will probably use him as a striker and I got shot down.

We shall see.

Thierre Henry played as a winger for Juve. When Arsenal signed him Wenger played him as a striker and the rest is history

Maybe a similar case with Sproule?

Edit: See this point was made on the Christian Nade thread as well....lets hope GJ is as astute as Wenger!

The difference though is that Henry was a striker before he went to Juve and they were the ones playing him in a new position - which was his single most unsuccessful season in his entire career and the reason why eyebrows were raised when Wenger paid £10m for him.

Not strange at all.

He spoke about his team selections and tactics before a few games last season.

Not strange at all.

He spoke about his team selections and tactics before a few games last season.

He was adament Sproule was going to be a huge success and i told him a friend of mine was a killie fan who thought highly of him and he said "you wait and see, he will surprise a few people as a lot of guys think hes only a winger" he definitly said he is signed as a STRIKER. So, lets wait and see. Certainly would be a threat alongside Trundle if nurtured well and we do have 3 or 4 right wingers at the club (Plummer can play there alongside scotty, brian and Bets) so why would he have signed him for simply right wing? Lets see. funnily enough i met a guy who is a Spurs fan but knows his stuff on footy. he lives with a hibs fan and says Sproule can run but thats about it and we've wasted our money. oh well, lets wait and see!

Archived