IGNORED

Our Goalkeeper Situation..

formerly known as ivan

basso, henderson, weale.

weale loaned out, basso no.1, henderson on the bench.

basso gets injured, henderson comes on and plays a blinder make 3/4 top class saves.

all of a sudden weale is back in to replace basso??? have i missed something???

why was weale loaned out? and before anyone says for first team football, the same could be said for henderson

basso, henderson, weale.

weale loaned out, basso no.1, henderson on the bench.

basso gets injured, henderson comes on and plays a blinder make 3/4 top class saves.

all of a sudden weale is back in to replace basso??? have i missed something???

why was weale loaned out? and before anyone says for first team football, the same could be said for henderson

For first team football. He won't loan out two of our keepers (for the exact reasons of the QPR match) so it's better to loan out the keeper that you see as your first choice back up. That way, when he's needed he should already be match sharp.

Weale has been out for along time and needed games to make sure he was fully over his injury problems, no reserve footy at city so better of playing in league 2 than sat on the bench, Weale is always going to be competing directly with Basso for number 1 spot, where as Henderson is always going to be no 3 this season.

Henderson had a slight back problem GJ said on Tuesday, so that would be why he didn't want to play him then.

Basso has done nothing wrong, he was a promotion winning goalkeeper and pulled off a stunning save from a Rowlands free kick before he was injured. He is the most agile and influential of the three and until he makes a horrible boo boo he should remain number one.

I think this is the window of opportunity for GJ to give Weale his big chance - if he takes it the others willl have a long season

I thought this myth about GJ being desperate to play Weale had been put to bed by now, there have been numurous oppurtunities for him to drop Basso, and I don't expect him to do so unless Basso starts droping clangers

Basso has done nothing wrong, he was a promotion winning goalkeeper and pulled off a stunning save from a Rowlands free kick before he was injured. He is the most agile and influential of the three and until he makes a horrible boo boo he should remain number one.

don't know what you saw against QPR but coming from an ex-keeper I would have held my hands up for the first goal - far too slow to go for the ball - he should have played the ball and flattened Blackstock not the other way around....!!

Did you mean to quote someone else mate, because I said nothing against Basso?

Archived