IGNORED

Rougier

Southport Red

Cannot believe that Rougier has had stick on here today.

Don't know why he was taken off, he was a handfull, put himself about, won headers, held the ball up and a couple of very good CROSSES (remember them?).

For what it's worth (all about opinions I know) I though he looked like quality. When he has time to settle in he will cause a lot of problems.

BTW Scott had a mare, nothing to worry about, he was just trying TOO hard.

KtRFFH

Guest comeonyoureds

i also thought rougier did well! he did more in 55 mins then peacock did in 90 mins, apart from his tap in at the end! would have liked to see him stay on up front with roberts!

i also thought rougier did well! he did more in 55 mins then peacock did in 90 mins, apart from his tap in at the end! would have liked to see him stay on up front with roberts!
Shut the ###### up please. Yeh, nothing is running his socks off for 90, back defending and helping in the build up, your talking out your arse my friend.

Rougier had a good game, Not a Center Foward, love to see Murray and Rougier on the 2 flanks. Murray having a mare is harsh. He just didnt have that luck. It will take him a bit to get back into our style.

now now ladies...

No Pisses me off when you got all the Happy Clappys on here saying "Get Behind The Players" Anyone who has had a chat to me about City will know I'm not Roberts biggest fan. Now today i heard "Go Back to Cardiff/Swansea/Wales ect." from some people and i was a bit upset that those people wasnt getting behind the team. If i was to make a post now saying "So and So is poor because...." there would be a forum onslaught on me on how we are so many games away from the end of the season and how we ought to get behind the players.

Peacock has been one of our best players this season. I Agree, recently he has been poor in front of goal but anyone who faults his effort doesnt watch the game. He works his cotton socks off. Earlier in the season when he was scoring loads and earning us points(love to see how many he has earnt us this year), and you wasall quiet then while you was slagging off some other soul. Get behind the lads. Your wish may happen at the end of the season. We will loose our Top Scorer for the 3rd season running.

No Pisses me off when you got all the Happy Clappys on here saying "Get Behind The Players" Anyone who has had a chat to me about City will know I'm not Roberts biggest fan. Now today i heard "Go Back to Cardiff/Swansea/Wales ect." from some people and i was a bit upset that those people wasnt getting behind the team. If i was to make a post now saying "So and So is poor because...." there would be a forum onslaught on me on how we are so many games away from the end of the season and how we ought to get behind the players.

Peacock has been one of our best players this season. I Agree, recently he has been poor in front of goal but anyone who faults his effort doesnt watch the game. He works his cotton socks off. Earlier in the season when he was scoring loads and earning us points(love to see how many he has earnt us this year), and you wasall quiet then while you was slagging off some other soul. Get behind the lads. Your wish may happen at the end of the season. We will loose our Top Scorer for the 3rd season running.

Peacock may well run his ###### off but he offers little. Most strikers who don't score offer something, Heskey offers assists in abundance, so did Torpey, and Nugent. none of them scored many but would set up god knows how many goals and chances. Peacock simply does not do this, his runs are often aimless, and do not create space for other players like Millers, robbos or Litas do.

The only reason he is our top scorer is because he has been unbelievably picked for most if not every single game he has been available for, with nobody else getting a chance with a descent strike partner, it's play with peacock who is a poor partner for any of our strikers or don't play at all. Roberts scored 17 goals last seaosn in less time on the pitch by a long way, if robbo has have been given any descent kind of chance upfront with Miller he would have got goals, and probably more than peacock.

Don't know why he was taken off, he was a handfull, put himself about, won headers, held the ball up and a couple of very good CROSSES (remember them?).

For what it's worth (all about opinions I know) I though he looked like quality. When he has time to settle in he will cause a lot of problems.

KtRFFH

Just as he was beginning to show, DW took him off!

I thought he looked better wide, but as we rarely got to the bye line, we can't tell if his prowess is in the centre or the box.

My concern is that we needed a striker to score goals and I can't remember a shot on target from him.

What you need to ask, given that SM is our right winger, is he better or likely to score more than Miller, Peacock, Roberts ot Lita?

He's useful cover for Murray on what I've seen and why did he keep slipping over?

his job is to score goals, the games called a football, not run your socks off.

though he did run is socks off and battled for everything.

the one hope ive got is, pcock scores goals in clutches, he might get 0 in 8 but then he gets one and hes of and running and he gets 6 in 8.

heres hopeing

i still hope rougier and miller start next week though

For what it's worth (all about opinions I know) I though he looked like quality.  When he has time to settle in he will cause a lot of problems.

KtRFFH

Well he had a little bit of a bad start, but definitely nothing more than that, and I certainly wasn't giving him any stick throuough any part of the match whatsoever. After about the first 20 minutes of the game he seemed to get a lot more touches on the ball, started making good runs etc leading to some fantastic crosses and also a bit of skinning / dummying as well which Murray unfortunately didn't perfect too well today.

Rest I don't really want to comment on, but what's this about the first goal being offside?!?!? Did they do a Bolton on us or something??? :whistle:

The new offside rule surely does stink big time!

I hope they do something about it, AND SOON!!! :@

Archived