IGNORED

Sven Or Pulis?

charisma_cider

my season ticket is right behind the visitors dug out and i can,t wait to give pulis bucket loads but sven is different i don,t think he did too bad a job and wether you like it or not he did give us some great times ie 5 against the germans a polite round of applause i think

Sven has a fantastic record as a club manager, and the Man City fans I know are delighted he has joined them.His legacy with England is tempered by the lunacy of taking injured strikers in Owen and Rooney and having the virginal Walcott in the squad ahead of Johnson,Defoe, bent etc.Reminds me of Wilson at the play-off final.

Pulis has only ever won the contempt of many City fans, imho he was a dreadful appointment and remain in debt to Pompey for poaching him when they did!!!

Sven has a fantastic record as a club manager, and the Man City fans I know are delighted he has joined them.His legacy with England is tempered by the lunacy of taking injured strikers in Owen and Rooney and having the virginal Walcott in the squad ahead of Johnson,Defoe, bent etc.Reminds me of Wilson at the play-off final.

Pulis has only ever won the contempt of many City fans, imho he was a dreadful appointment and remain in debt to Pompey for poaching him when they did!!!

Remind me, how much did we have to pay in compensation for Pompey to take TP away from us?

When are people going to realise that England are a second tier international team (as much as I love 'em).

As their rankings tend to suggest, they are about 8th in the world, which would suggest anything beyond a world cup semi would mean we are punching above our weight

..I for one will give him a warm reception. Not massively my cup of tea towards the end of his reign but I would be embarassed if he was booed!

Sven will be getting praise from me for a single night's work - September 1st 2001.

Deutschland 1... you know the rest :laugh:

Ah what a great day that was! Watched the mighty Somerset trounce Leicestershire at Lords then in to a boozer in Paddington to watch the krauts get a damn good hiding! Wonderful day that was!

Sven won't get any stick IMHO. Just look what England have done since he left. I will be making sure the wife and daughter are well locked up when he comes to town though!

As for Putrid Pulis........Can't stand the fella. Gas,Welsh and he nearly killed our beloved club......Can't wait!

U REDS

I certainly won't be giving Sven any stick - one of the best club managers in Europe, and I think Man C have done well to get him. And I've no problems with the job he did as England manager - wish we still had him. He took an average national side very much further than most other managers would have done. No, I'll be another one giving him a clap.

Pulis, on the other hand.....**!!#@<6^^.@@+**

I certainly won't be giving Sven any stick - one of the best club managers in Europe, and I think Man C have done well to get him. And I've no problems with the job he did as England manager - wish we still had him. He took an average national side very much further than most other managers would have done. No, I'll be another one giving him a clap.

Hear Hear, Totally agree with you Dave.

Sven's a good club manager if he's given a lot of money and if I remember correctly he put Lazio in some debt when he left them. He was good for us as an England manager and will do well as Man City manager. So, yeah I will be giving him a clap.

I wouldn't give Sven any stick at all.

Nah nor me, In fact, I think he will get a good reception. I for one will clap him.

Pulis on the other hand, well well....what a clown that bloke really was...sorry is, not a scooby on the football field and no personality off of it.

Sven's a good club manager if he's given a lot of money and if I remember correctly he put Lazio in some debt when he left them. He was good for us as an England manager and will do well as Man City manager. So, yeah I will be giving him a clap.

But they did win the League and Cup'Winners'Cup whilst he was in charge :winner_third_h4h:

Who do you reckons going to get the frostier crowd reception &

Who would you give the most stick? :bruce_h4h:

Now, let me see. One has won championship titles in a string of different countries, and is a harmless Swede who screwed his PA.

The other is a former Gashead who force-fed us dour football and screwed us all.

It's a tough one but while I suspect there will be some amusing songs aimed at Sven, I wouldn't like to be Tony Pulis walking out on the pitch. Come to think of it, I wouldn't like to be Tony Pulis at any time.

It wasn't Sven who put Lazio in debt - it was the Chairman who let him have the money. However, unlike most Chairman who let managers have too much money AND choose useless managers into the bargain (Ridsdale springs to mind!), at least Sven used the money he'd been given wisely and produced a fantastic side that won the league. Sven's job was to produce the team - and he did just that, the money was the Chairman's job.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd even blame the Chairman. When you think about it, perhaps getting the right manager and winning the league was worth it.

Given the choice, I'd go for City winning the Premiership - even once - at the expense of nearly going bankrupt.

Archived