IGNORED

Wow, What A Great Year For Bristol Football!..

WhistleHappy

...who'd have thought it a year ago.... but how times change eh?

The past few months has seen both Bristol Clubs (although we all know theres only OTIB really) winning promotion, the classic Cup games with Boro, possibly more TV coverage than ever before.... with THREE live Sky matches featuring both Bristol teams coming up in one week soon... Championship football at Ashton Gate... the list goes on..

At Long Last Surely 2007 must be the year when BRISTOL FOOTBALL finally gets itself recognised on the National Footballing Map!!

With Bristol City leading the way & Rovers (to a lesser extent) in a supporting role - both teams are doing really well in terms of raising the profile of Bristol.

No longer a footballing yokal backwater - BRISTOL is a serious football City... watch out the Sheffield's etc -Bristols coming to get ya!! :)

...who'd have thought it a year ago.... but how times change eh?

The past few months has seen both Bristol Clubs (although we all know theres only OTIB really) winning promotion, the classic Cup games with Boro, possibly more TV coverage than ever before.... with THREE live Sky matches featuring both Bristol teams coming up in one week soon... Championship football at Ashton Gate... the list goes on..

At Long Last Surely 2007 must be the year when BRISTOL FOOTBALL finally gets itself recognised on the National Footballing Map!!

With Bristol City leading the way & Rovers (to a lesser extent) in a supporting role - both teams are doing really well in terms of raising the profile of Bristol.

No longer a footballing yokal backwater - BRISTOL is a serious football City... watch out the Sheffield's etc -Bristols coming to get ya!! :)

Hmmm ... not really. We as a city are miles away from the success of the Sheffield clubs, the Birmingham clubs, most of the London teams. We have no history like the Nottingham clubs and the Liverpool clubs are on a different planet. We just don't have the history although we could start to gain it, but let's see if we can hang-on in the CCC first. The reason we're newsworthy is because it's unusual for us to be doing well, it's not part of our history.

I think rovers' success was very fortunate and although the table doesn't lie I have to say they didn't deserve to end-up in the play-offs. I know that's a contradiction but I don't think they'd been in there at all during the rest of the season, so they got in by a couple of other teams going through a bad patch. I hope they flop and get relegated.

That's terrible Ton (but right). Poor old sags didn't deserve it.

Man ... they are a bunch of bar stewards, the leeches that suck the blood from the OTIB. Without them we'd have more support and probably more sponsorship options.

When r we going for a jar down Allerton then??

Hmmm ... not really. We as a city are miles away from the success of the Sheffield clubs, the Birmingham clubs, most of the London teams. We have no history like the Nottingham clubs and the Liverpool clubs are on a different planet. We just don't have the history although we could start to gain it, but let's see if we can hang-on in the CCC first. The reason we're newsworthy is because it's unusual for us to be doing well, it's not part of our history.

I think rovers' success was very fortunate and although the table doesn't lie I have to say they didn't deserve to end-up in the play-offs. I know that's a contradiction but I don't think they'd been in there at all during the rest of the season, so they got in by a couple of other teams going through a bad patch. I hope they flop and get relegated.

How can you say Rovers didn't deserve it, we have not lost in the league since the end of March, and barely dropped any points as well. I could say the same for city, Notts Forest blew it big time come the last few months of the season, and if it wasn't for them, you might of ended up in the playoffs and not got promoted.

The league tables do not lie and Rovers were promoted because at the end of 46 games they were in a playoff position, and happenned to win the lottery of the playoff's.

I'm sure if you got promoted to the prem this season by ending up 6th after 46 games you wouldn't complain would you?

come on boys, save the fighting for the playground.

Point was that This Year circumstances have conspired to produce two promotions for Bristol teams (with the publicity that goes with it) & given both clubs some excellent high profile Cup Ties (two of which will feature Live on Sky in same week) ...add our Live SkyTV Championship match at Sheffield also in same week... & not forgetting the Boro games earlier in year.. all in all it can only be good with Bristol City (predominantly) & the Sags both playing their parts.

(Yeovil only just missed out - & little Bath City also went up)

I'd say that in terms of Bristol & WestCountry Football in general gaining a higher National profile '2007' so far has been fantastic (& probably unique).

- the National Football Map is slowly & surely expanding Westwards & that can only be a good thing!

Come On You Reds!...

come on boys, save the fighting for the playground.

Point was that This Year circumstances have conspired to produce two promotions for Bristol teams (with the publicity that goes with it) & given both clubs some excellent high profile Cup Ties (two of which will feature Live on Sky in same week) ...add our Live SkyTV Championship match at Sheffield also in same week... & not forgetting the Boro games earlier in year.. all in all it can only be good with Bristol City (predominantly) & the Sags both playing their parts.

(Yeovil only just missed out - & little Bath City also went up)

I'd say that in terms of Bristol & WestCountry Football in general gaining a higher National profile '2007' so far has been fantastic (& probably unique).

- the National Football Map is slowly & surely expanding Westwards & that can only be a good thing!

Come On You Reds!...

No fighting on my part (i am female!!), I thought your initial post was intelligent and correct, but I just don't get the other guys post when he says Rovers didn't deserve it and start's slagging us off without a valid point. Both teams deserved it because they both got promotion....end of really :D

How can you say Rovers didn't deserve it, we have not lost in the league since the end of March, and barely dropped any points as well. I could say the same for city, Notts Forest blew it big time come the last few months of the season, and if it wasn't for them, you might of ended up in the playoffs and not got promoted.

The league tables do not lie and Rovers were promoted because at the end of 46 games they were in a playoff position, and happenned to win the lottery of the playoff's.

I'm sure if you got promoted to the prem this season by ending up 6th after 46 games you wouldn't complain would you?

Just done it the proper way, instead of mugging teams that had a lot more points than you

No fighting on my part (i am female!!), I thought your initial post was intelligent and correct, but I just don't get the other guys post when he says Rovers didn't deserve it and start's slagging us off without a valid point. Both teams deserved it because they both got promotion....end of really :D

City Good........ Gassers Bad

Did you ever read Animal Farm?

I'm always up fer slagging the gas off............ sorry

Didn't deserve it in the same way any team finishing sixth/seventh doesn't deserve it. Promotion should be based on the 46 games over the course of the season not an end of season lottery - the playoffs are inherently unjust.

Back to my original question then, if you finished 6th come may and went up to the prem through the playoff's would you still say it wasn't deserved and would you Arny say that you mugged other teams?....I think not guys :disapointed2se:

Can you honestly say that you had a "Promotion style" season?

Rovers possess the mantle of being the team in the lowest position that got promoted, the lest wins of the teams that were promoted, the least goals scored. YOu went up on the back of a decent run from February - March, and snuck into the playoffs in a crap division. Stockport deserved it more.

Back to my original question then, if you finished 6th come may and went up to the prem through the playoff's would you still say it wasn't deserved and would you Arny say that you mugged other teams?....I think not guys :disapointed2se:

I would be delighted if that happened. I would still believe we didn't deserve it, it was unjust and we mugged the teams who finished 5th, 4th and 3rd.

The playoffs are just a money making creation, it's completely unfair that three teams that outperformed you over the season (which is what leagues are about) are in the basement and you scraped it out.

Surely you must see that even if you are happy to be promoted?

Can you honestly say that you had a "Promotion style" season?

Rovers possess the mantle of being the team in the lowest position that got promoted, the lest wins of the teams that were promoted, the least goals scored. YOu went up on the back of a decent run from February - March, and snuck into the playoffs in a crap division. Stockport deserved it more.

Sorry to correct you but we finished 6th, not 7th!

I would be delighted if that happened. I would still believe we didn't deserve it, it was unjust and we mugged the teams who finished 5th, 4th and 3rd.

The playoffs are just a money making creation, it's completely unfair that three teams that outperformed you over the season (which is what leagues are about) are in the basement and you scraped it out.

Surely you must see that even if you are happy to be promoted?

Thanks for the respectful answer, I respect your opinion regarding the playoff's, but everyone team know they must finish 1st,2nd,3rd, and if they do not do that over 46games they are in the playoff's regardless if they are 2 points or 20points off automatic promotion.............I agree the playoff's are they to make money, but that is what football has turned into these days, like it or not.

Nope, we'd win the play-off final ..& then concede the Prem spot to a more worthy team - hmm just think of all the lovely publicity THAT would get for football in the West Country! Blimey what an opportunity to get Bristol football known worldwide! ;)

Nope, we'd win the play-off final ..& then concede the Prem spot to a more worthy team - hmm just think of all the lovely publicity THAT would get for football in the West Country! Blimey what an opportunity to get Bristol football known worldwide! ;)

Ha ha, good one........cant wait to see it :D

Well actually i would!!!!

You were miles behind the 4th placed team, as in points.

BCFC done it as it should be done

Well actually i would!!!!

You were miles behind the 4th placed team, as in points.

BCFC done it as it should be done

Yes you did last season, but did you finish 3rd when you lost to Brighton in the playoff's (I really don't know),

MK Dons were 4th and they blew it in the semi finals of the playoff's

How many of you were cheering Yeovil for promotion, they didn't finish 3rd............Double standards I believe.

Yes you did last season, but did you finish 3rd when you lost to Brighton in the playoff's (I really don't know),

MK Dons were 4th and they blew it in the semi finals of the playoff's

How many of you were cheering Yeovil for promotion, they didn't finish 3rd............Double standards I believe.

Oh well, another sag, on our forum spilling the facts of life.............

Big new conference ground for you, and wish you well...............not

We deserve to be where we are. We earned it. However you lot cheated by calling the Stockport game off where IIRC you had a few injuries and then whilst we played the rest of your players rested ahead of the game with us. You then beat us which then gave you the confidence to go on and get in the play offs. Before you played us your season was over. It all stemmed from that Stockport match and beating us.

Guest Topman
We deserve to be where we are. We earned it. However you lot cheated by calling the Stockport game off where IIRC you had a few injuries and then whilst we played the rest of your players rested ahead of the game with us. You then beat us which then gave you the confidence to go on and get in the play offs. Before you played us your season was over. It all stemmed from that Stockport match and beating us.

I know I 'should not be on here' just as some think your fans should not be on the gas forum but the above comment is probably the most stupid I have seen posted on EITHER forum !!!! You really are an idiot

Is it cus you is Vicky Pollard ? :innocent06:

I know I 'should not be on here' just as some think your fans should not be on the gas forum but the above comment is probably the most stupid I have seen posted on EITHER forum !!!! You really are an idiot
All I'm saying is I don't honestly believe you would have got promotion had you not beaten us. Your season was dead and buried it seemed but beating us spurred you on. I'm also not so sure you would have beaten us if you would have played the Stockport game.

Oh well, another sag, on our forum spilling the facts of life.............

Big new conference ground for you, and wish you well..not

I don't think so Arny, just having a healthy debate I think, I always read your post's on BRFC forum and have respect for what you say. I have not been disrespectful in what I said, just stating my opinion......nothing wrong with that is there.

Archived