IGNORED

Try This

Bristol Boy

OK.

If we beat QPR and the law of averages suggests we've got to win, if only by accident, sooner or later, let's try this:

3-1-4-2

..........................................Phillips.............................................................

........................Coles...........Fortune.........................Hill.........................

.......................................... Doherty.............................................................

Murray.....................Wilkshire............................Tinnion................Goodfellow....

..................................Lita...........................Peacock.....................................

Subs

Rougier

Miller

Burnell

Woodman

Bell

Out go Carey & Butler.

Caskeys suspended but could make a difference to our team if we can get him fit as he can pass and has skill.Two things we lack.

It's got pace and width.

Lita can score.

Playing defenders on the left wing doesn't make you secure defensively and we aren't.

DW's clutching at straws with his excuses for why it went wrong today.

So, that's the same again next week!!

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Sorry don't quite agree with you......

3-1-4-2

.......................................Stowel........................................................

.....................Coles.........Fortune...........Hill...................................

......................................Doherty......................................................

Murray..........Wilkshire.....................Tinnion....................Goodfellow

............................Rougier...............Peacock...................................

3-1-4-2

..........................................Phillips.............................................................

........................Coles...........Fortune.........................Hill.........................

.......................................... Doherty.............................................................

Murray.....................Wilkshire............................Tinnion................Goodfellow....

..................................Lita...........................Peacock.....................................

Subs

Rougier

Miller

Burnell

Woodman

Bell

I like it but I would maybe try Tony Rougier on the left as he has played there before.

Guest Champagne Football

I'm sorry but dropping Carey would be a mistake, Scotty needs support cause otherwise he is easily nullified.

.........................Phillips

Carey.................Coles..................Hill

.........................................^..........v

.........................................^............v

Murray.....Wilkshire.........Doherty......Rougier

.....v..................v.............................v

........v.................v..........................v

....Marvin Brown.....v.....................v

..........v........................................v

............v.....................................v

......................Miller............Lita

subs.

Tinnion

Goodfellow

Peacock

Roberts

Butler/Burnell

Sorry for making it look so complicated! but basically Hill will support Rougier with Tommy providing cover. Carey can support Murray if needs be with Tommy again covering. Murray and Marvin link up down the wing with Miller or Lita helping out. Either one of Marvin or Murray go to the by-line and put in some crosses or cut inside and cause havoc. A very attacking team I will admit but this could rip QPR's defence into shreads.

Disagree with all those, for Queer park we need to play 4-4-2, can't afford to chance it by changing formations now, it would only confuse more.

...............................PHILLIPS

CAREY.......COLES........HILL.......WOODMAN

MURRAY.......DOHERTY.....TINNION......GOODFELLOW

..................PEACOCK....ROUGIER

SUBS:

MILLER

WILKSHIRE

ROBERTS

BUTLER

BELL

LAST SEASON

........................PHILLIPS

CAREY......COLES......BUTLER......HILL

MURRAY...DOHERTY....TINNION...BROWN

...............PEACOCK....ROBERTS

This team got us goals last year, the only difference is Brown is replaced now by Goodfellow and Rougier for Roberts, familiarity in the team may win through, I have dropped Butler because he is a shadow of last season.

Guest Champagne Football
we need to play 4-4-2, can't afford to chance it by changing formations now, it would only confuse more.
That could be said for the past 6 games. Look where it has got us, we look lethargic in all of our play in the 4-4-2 system and the current players playing in it. Something needs to change, playing the same team that has been basically playing the last 6 games would be a disaster and could break our season. If we were ever to take a gamble it is now, boom or bust we need to try something different because with the team you are playing it is hard to see where a goal is going to come through.

Make no doubt about it QPR will score no matter what team we put out so we need to go for it HARD! I would like to see the most attacking team out there yet this season, smash all of Hollowhead's pre-match plans and tear up the QPR defence. People want to see excitement I say lets give it to them!

My choice would be to start with the following

MURRAY.......DOHERTY.....TINNION......ROUGIER

..................PEACOCK....MILLER

SUBS:

GOODFELLOW

WILKSHIRE

FORTUNE

LITA

BELL

Butler dropped due to poor performances

Rougier on left as an additional attacking option

Miller reinstated as I think he could feed off better service and put away some of the chances

Would bring on Goodfellow if more pace needed on left, could move Rougier up front and take off Peacock, bring on Lita in last 20-30 if we need another goal and Wilks on for Tinnion (could start instead not sure)

However, the team has been changed around quite a bit lately and different partnerships tried without much result, so tough call.

My choice would be to start with the following

MURRAY.......DOHERTY.....TINNION......ROUGIER

..................PEACOCK....MILLER

SUBS:

GOODFELLOW

WILKSHIRE

FORTUNE

LITA

BELL

Butler dropped due to poor performances

Rougier on left as an additional attacking option

Miller reinstated as I think he could feed off better service and put away some of the chances

Would bring on Goodfellow if more pace needed on left, could move Rougier up front and take off Peacock, bring on Lita in last 20-30 if we need another goal and Wilks on for Tinnion (could start instead not sure)

However, the team has been changed around quite a bit lately and different partnerships tried without much result, so tough call.

Agree totally. :whistle:

OK.

If we beat QPR and the law of averages suggests we've got to win, if only by accident, sooner or later, let's try this:

3-1-4-2

Subs

Rougier

Miller

Burnell

Woodman

Bell

Out go Carey & Butler.

Caskeys suspended but could make a difference to our team if we can get him fit as he can pass and has skill.Two things we lack.

It's got pace and width.

Lita can score.

Playing defenders on the left wing doesn't make you secure defensively and we aren't.

DW's clutching at straws with his excuses for why it went wrong today.

So, that's the same again next week!!

I would play this:

...........................phillips

......Carey..........Coles.....Hill.......woodman

....Murray........Tommy.....Tinnion........Goodfellow

....................Miller.......Rougier.....

Subs:

Wilkshire

Lita

Roberts

Fortune

Burnell

Phillips

Carey - Coles - Hill

Murray - Wilkshire - Tinnion - Doherty - Bell

Rougier - Miller

The 3-5-2 system with wingbacks worked well last season. Not sure if Bell has the engine to get up and down for 90 minutes, but that's what subs are for, and the system can be changed if needs be. I can't really leave any of the midfield out. We need Doherty's battling and I want to see how Wilkshire and Murray will play together at home. Plus our midfield is too deep with Tinnion and Doherty both holding midfielders. And now Tinnion has got his mate back, it'd be silly to drop him.

well this is my view you may agree or diagree its upto you.

...............................phillips...............................

..carey..............fortune.........coles..........hill........

..murray............doherty.....tinnion........rougier...

......................peacock........miller.....................

bench:

stowell

butler

roberts

goodfellow

lita

I don't agree with ANY of you.

To win this game, we surely require a potent threat on both flanks, complimented by youthful steel and creativity in midfield.

Against my better judgement I'm even opting for Peacock up front. "Nurse! The tablets PLEASE!!!"

...................................................Phillips...........................................................

.......................................Carey..Coles..Hill..Woodman.......................................

................................Murray Doherty Wilkshire Goodfellow..................................

.............................................Roberts..Peacock..................................................

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Miller

Lita

Tinnion

think every one is missing something, if we play 3 at the back scotty wouldn't get any support! and if he did we would only have 2 at the back! not a good idea!
You mean like Saturday when both goals were down to Carey and Murray didn't perform or get any support?

With 4-4-2 we've conceeded 9 in 7 and only scored 3.

It's time to attack and if they score 2 we score 3 or 4.

I say don't play Woodman or carey after their shocking displays on saturday, we can't afford to carry them in this important game. And put goodfellow back in the team.

Philips

Coles...Fortune...Hill

murray....wilkshire....doc....tins....goodfellow

lita.....peacock

That's a winning side :dunno:

I'm not arguing about Careys performances but theres no way Scott is a wing back which is what your formation has him as. Going forward is fine but he will be penned back by the right midfielder and full back !! Are you really saying we should invite there full backs onto our midfielders and end up two on one ????

4-4-2 is the way to play, Its not the formation thats been wrong more the players in the positions.....Tinman left hand side etc!!!!

I say don't play Woodman or carey after their shocking displays on saturday, we can't afford to carry them in this important game. And put goodfellow back in the team.

Philips

Coles...Fortune...Hill

murray....wilkshire....doc....tins....goodfellow

lita.....peacock

That's a winning side :dunno:

The midfields the same as mine and I think that's the key to creating and scoring goals.

I'm not arguing about Careys performances but theres no way Scott is a wing back which is what your formation has him as. Going forward is fine but he will be penned back by the right midfielder and full back !! Are you really saying we should invite there full backs onto our midfielders and end up two on one ????

4-4-2 is the way to play, Its not the formation thats been wrong more the players in the positions.....Tinman left hand side etc!!!!

Exactly and create the space for Murray & Freezer to run into.

Put grass at their backs and utilise our pace.

CCCHHHHHAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGEEE!!

Exactly and create the space for Murray & Freezer to run into.

Put grass at their backs and utilise our pace.

CCCHHHHHAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGEEE!!

I admire your positive formation Bristolboy but I dont think it would work, I think you of all people would agree that if Wilson actually played the right players in the right position from the start of the game it would make a dramatic impact on our game ?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

.............................................Caskey

.................Coles..................Fortune..............Hill

Murray.........................Tommy........Burnell.....................Goodfellow

..........................................Wilskhire....................................

.................................Roberts..........Miller

Subs: Stowell

Lita

Tins

Carey

Peacock

I know Caskey will miss the next game but it could be a good move

.....................phillips

Burnell........Coles......Hill......Bell

Murray........Tins......Doherty....Goodfellow

...................Lita.....Rougier

I think Burnell should be given a proper chance in the team in his ture position back in defence, expecially as i think Carey is doing next to nothing.

Pacey wings with Murray and Goodfellow will frighten the opposition to death and get them all mixed up and worried. Tins in the middle to spread the ball out and get those vital inch perfect passes in. Doherty the rock in midfield plays as a defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder every game and i think thats fantastic.

Up front i can't even consider playing any of our current strikers who have been given all season to score and obviously haven't.

To win this game, we surely require a potent threat on both flanks, complimented by youthful steel and creativity in midfield.

...................................................Phillips...........................................................

.......................................Carey..Coles..Hill..Woodman.......................................

................................Murray Doherty Wilkshire Goodfellow..................................

.............................................Roberts..Peacock..................................................

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Miller

Lita

Tinnion

So wheres the creativity? (i.e Tinnion)

Archived