IGNORED

Knockers

Red Robin

Reading the posts today,many a city fan seems hell bent on nocking the club and pulling it down over items like st prices,cup match prices.

Well lets get one thing clear success costs money,the club are entitled to charge larger fees for championship football that is to be expected certainly on watching the first game against QPR [what a cracker]

Secondly we pull a plum tie gainst one of the up and coming prem sides in MAN CITY and fans are moaning about prices.get real the game will sell out and MAN CITY will sell the allocation their fans travel in big numbers.

As I said in a previous post city are on the up after many many years in the doldrums,enjoy it,it has been a long time coming.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if some of our fans would prefer to be back in the division below.

Reality is sucess costs and city have every right to charge a fair price for the product we are getting.

Noone is hell bent on knocking the club, the commercial side of the club keep screwing up simple things that will irritate and inconvenience the fans and don't learn from their mistakes so they are rightly criticised for it.

The debate on prices is done to death but let me point out for the millionth time since you don't seem to get it that noone objected to price rises, just the fact that they were so large, and most of the ire about Man City is about the shambolic ticketing arrangements that appear to not show lessons being learned from the Boro fiasco last season.

No fan at all would prefer being in the division below and just because some people don't share your currently rosy red view of the way Sexstone mismanages everything doesn't mean that they don't support the team 110% every time.

It makes no sense whatsoever to suggest that people who criticise the commercial management of the club when they make poor and unsuccessful decisions don't want the club to be successful.

Yeah, shut up all you whingers. How dare you complain while the team is doing so well ! This isnt a discussion forum, its a forum for people to write rose-tinted praise for anything and anyone associated with Bristol City. Its absolutely forbidden to question players or staff and you will be categorised as a second-class fan if you even think of doing this. And so what if you can't afford a season ticket - its your fault for not earning as much money as other fans. The club needs your cash because we havent got a wealthy chairman, so give it to them or else !

There - I think thats just about covered it

Now, here's an idea... can we have fewer posts from people complaining about the views of other posters and start talking about Bristol City again ?

On a more serious note: what the pair of you are doing is condoning the sickeningly high wages that contemporary Footballers and their agents are extracting from the once People's game and mocking the heads of young families who can't afford to cough up 60, 70 80 pounds+ to share their cultural up bringing with their offspring.

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself. I am a fifth generation BCFC fan but I seriously wonder if I can afford to pay for my sons to become the sixth generation.

More to the point, I'm not sure that I even want them to fall in love with football in the same way that I did as a boy, as the game is now so detached from reality, and so full of prima donnas, cheats and crooks.

Success? What success! It's a 2nd Round match in the Coca Cola cup mate??? I don't follow.

your playing the premiership leaders who just beat MAN UTD today.

Quite clearly ever fan has a right to go or not,but I tell you one thing your seat will sell and the game will sell out.

Games like this don't come to often for city fans as said enjoy it,it has been a long time coming.

up the reds.

your playing the premiership leaders who just beat MAN UTD today.

That's relevant to the cup game and pricing because...?

Quite clearly ever fan has a right to go or not,but I tell you one thing your seat will sell and the game will sell out.

Of course my seat will sell to some big game Charlie, Is that a good thing? probably not in the long run...Pissing off established long term ST holders over 1 cup game.

Games like this don't come to often for city fans as said enjoy it,it has been a long time coming.

Man City is a good draw but not so good I'm going to let Sextone and Co take the piss, I couldnt care if it was Arsenal or Chelsea it's the principle of the pricing and Sextone whole attitude at the moment is pissing me off.

£26=TOO MUCH.

What happens if we do beat Man C reseves and we draw another big fish, will Sexstone

try and push the likes of you a little further, maybe £30!. Where does it stop? The man see nothing more than £££££££££££. Sad.

Noone is hell bent on knocking the club, the commercial side of the club keep screwing up simple things that will irritate and inconvenience the fans and don't learn from their mistakes so they are rightly criticised for it.

The debate on prices is done to death but let me point out for the millionth time since you don't seem to get it that noone objected to price rises, just the fact that they were so large, and most of the ire about Man City is about the shambolic ticketing arrangements that appear to not show lessons being learned from the Boro fiasco last season.

No fan at all would prefer being in the division below and just because some people don't share your currently rosy red view of the way Sexstone mismanages everything doesn't mean that they don't support the team 110% every time.

It makes no sense whatsoever to suggest that people who criticise the commercial management of the club when they make poor and unsuccessful decisions don't want the club to be successful.

Here, Here.

Over pricing has already bitten.

• We didn't sell out against QPR.
  • We didn't sell about 500 of our tickets for Blackpool.
  • We ran two official coaches to Blackpool, because they were overpriced.
  • 800 ST Holders walked away-In a promotion season!

Now some ST Holders (and others) are saying they'll give this game a miss.

On the basis of fairness, I would have liked to pay the same price for this game as I have for the 23 League Games, in advance, of course.

It'll be interesting to see if we do sell out and there are plenty of reasons for Man City fans not to come-Albeit, it won't be price for them as they'll see £23 as a bargain!!

Also remember that we only keep about 40/45% of the gate money from this and, above all else, it's on the TV.

I'll be there, but that's because there's nothing like being there for me, but there are to many conversations and postings about price for this to be a meaningless issue.Simply put a lot of fans will have to pick and choose especially when ancillary things like parking, travelling etc are taken into the equation and it'll be interesting, for example, to see how many fans travel to Sheff Weds for the 12.45 KO on 1st Sept.

Here, Here.

Over pricing has already bitten.

• We didn't sell out against QPR.
  • We didn't sell about 500 of our tickets for Blackpool.
  • We ran two official coaches to Blackpool, because they were overpriced.
  • 800 ST Holders walked away-In a promotion season!
Now some ST Holders (and others) are saying they'll give this game a miss.

On the basis of fairness, I would have liked to pay the same price for this game as I have for the 23 League Games, in advance, of course.

It'll be interesting to see if we do sell out and there are plenty of reasons for Man City fans not to come-Albeit, it won't be price for them as they'll see £23 as a bargain!!

Also remember that we only keep about 40/45% of the gate money from this and, above all else, it's on the TV.

I'll be there, but that's because there's nothing like being there for me, but there are to many conversations and postings about price for this to be a meaningless issue.Simply put a lot of fans will have to pick and choose especially when ancillary things like parking, travelling etc are taken into the equation and it'll be interesting, for example, to see how many fans travel to Sheff Weds for the 12.45 KO on 1st Sept.

personally speaking think the pricing is fair for the game against a Premiership team managed by the ex-england manager who are currently do well in their league,

in fairness, of around 16k city fans who were at the qpr game they didn't seem to have a problem with pricing since there is only about 100 people max on here still complaining about prices, it's just such a small percentage of the actual fan base, a large majortiy of city fans seem happy enough with things,

either way, there is alot of spin from a very small percentage moaning about the lack of sell out, but looking at the fact that the attendance was nearly 4k up on the opening day of the last time we were in this league, I'd say the public have voted with their feet and overal seem fairly happy.

The true tests will be-

Attendance v Man City

Attendances Jan/ Feb once the novelty of this level has worn off, and we are skint after Christmas

Renewal of ST's in the summer

Does it not worry you that the team is doing so well, and yet a lot of fans are distinctly unhappy... And not just a few isolated moaners as some of you seem to think.

personally speaking think the pricing is fair for the game against a Premiership team managed by the ex-england manager who are currently do well in their league,

in fairness, of around 16k city fans who were at the qpr game they didn't seem to have a problem with pricing since there is only about 100 people max on here still complaining about prices, it's just such a small percentage of the actual fan base, a large majortiy of city fans seem happy enough with things,

either way, there is alot of spin from a very small percentage moaning about the lack of sell out, but looking at the fact that the attendance was nearly 4k up on the opening day of the last time we were in this league, I'd say the public have voted with their feet and overal seem fairly happy.

AGREE 100% with you,to many are living in the past,if this club wants to become a success in the championship then the funds will be needed,yes it comes from the paying customer,the club have a product which people are happy with after so long in the old divsion.

The facts are fans need to realise it aint cheap watching footy in the top divsions.

Firstly it is very unlikely that anywhere near a Man City first team will show up for the game; also comparing "100 or so max on here" against the 16k at QPR is also way off as prob only a quarter of that 16k use this board.

The pricing maybe fair or not but we don't all live in Bristol and some of us have other things to pay out on as well as B.C.F.C.

The admission cost added to petrol,food and drink will see no change from £50 now that twice (£100) in a few days aint on for me so Scunny game gets the vote and M City gets the pub. :o

Archived