IGNORED

Scunthorpe

City-Fan-Jess

I went down to the ticket office to get my sister a ticket for the s****horpe game, and as i read on the site, becuase of the bank holiday any adult with a season ticket could bring an under 16 for a pound, but the women charged me £7 and when i questioned it, she said no? Any one get the same problem?

I got the same yesterday, tried charging me £13. I told her that it was wrong to which she replied

"Only if you buy a family ticket."

"That's not what it says on the website"

She stuck her head around the corner and asked the manager (I think) if I was right to which he replied "yes"

"Oh you are right - that'll be a pound please"

If I were you I'd go back on Monday and sort it out - point them in the direction of this thread if needbe. I did also post what happened on another thread last night (can't remember what it was - I'll have a look in a sec).

The woman that served me yesterday made out that she had actually charged people full whack for under 16 tickets prior to me. Now I could have misinterpreted it, I'm not sure so don't hold me to it.

I'll be more than happy to back you up if needbe mate.

Edit: Here's the original post I made about it yesterday Overcharging????

I got the same yesterday, tried charging me £13. I told her that it was wrong to which she replied

"Only if you buy a family ticket."

"That's not what it says on the website"

She stuck her head around the corner and asked the manager (I think) if I was right to which he replied "yes"

"Oh you are right - that'll be a pound please"

If I were you I'd go back on Monday and sort it out - point them in the direction of this thread if needbe. I did also post what happened on another thread last night (can't remember what it was - I'll have a look in a sec).

The woman that served me yesterday made out that she had actually charged people full whack for under 16 tickets prior to me. Now I could have misinterpreted it, I'm not sure so don't hold me to it.

I'll be more than happy to back you up if needbe mate.

Edit: Here's the original post I made about it yesterday Overcharging????

I went down on Thursday to get a Blackpool ticket and a quid a kid for season ticket holders. I was told I had have a voucher.

"A voucher, what kind of voucher"?

"You can get books of special discount vouchers from the Evening post", came the reply

"That's strange, so it's the Evening post sponsoring the Quid a Kid"?

"Yeah, that's right, you'll have to get a vocher from them".

So home I went very perturbed, I'm sure I didn't see this on the website Onto the website, and behold, it said Quid a Kid for season ticket holders

Back down the City shop I did go, but armed with the printed webpage

"Can I have a Quid a Kid ticket for the Scunny game please,"? (not showing the print out).

Again came the reply "Do you have a Voucher"?

"Please, give it a rest, I don't need a voucher - look at this" Showing the web page

They took it and read it, "Well I suppose you'd better have one if that's what it said", begrudgingly

"Ok sir, where in the Atyeo stand do you want it?

"I want it in the Dolman where I sit"

"It's only for the Atyeo"

"Where does it say that on this webpage, only for Atyeo season ticket holders" I retorted

reads again,

"Just give him a lower Dolman ticket for a pound" came the begrudging reply

I am amazed that they are still trying to fleece people after this episode. Disgusting.

I'm going down monday for my man city tickets, ill ask the women there, and see if she will give me my £6 back.

I'd take the tickets/reciept with you as well, otherwise it's a case of your word against theirs.

I went down on Thursday to get a Blackpool ticket and a quid a kid for season ticket holders. I was told I had have a voucher.

"A voucher, what kind of voucher"?

"You can get books of special discount vouchers from the Evening post", came the reply

"That's strange, so it's the Evening post sponsoring the Quid a Kid"?

"Yeah, that's right, you'll have to get a vocher from them".

So home I went very perturbed, I'm sure I didn't see this on the website Onto the website, and behold, it said Quid a Kid for season ticket holders

Back down the City shop I did go, but armed with the printed webpage

"Can I have a Quid a Kid ticket for the Scunny game please,"? (not showing the print out).

Again came the reply "Do you have a Voucher"?

"Please, give it a rest, I don't need a voucher - look at this" Showing the web page

They took it and read it, "Well I suppose you'd better have one if that's what it said", begrudgingly

"Ok sir, where in the Atyeo stand do you want it?

"I want it in the Dolman where I sit"

"It's only for the Atyeo"

"Where does it say that on this webpage, only for Atyeo season ticket holders" I retorted

reads again,

"Just give him a lower Dolman ticket for a pound" came the begrudging reply

I am amazed that they are still trying to fleece people after this episode. Disgusting.

Can I suggest (tell me where to go if you like!!) that you send a copy of this conversation to Colin Sextone and copied to Steve Lansdown highlighting the fact that Sextone's Commercial Department is incompetent and his ill informed (some would say ignorant) staff appearing to be at best "disinterested" and at worst "downright rude" when they are shifting Colin's "units". I was astounded yesterday at the demeanour of the girl taking my £109 for Man City tickets. They seem to lack the most basic sales training and really do give the impression that you are inconveniencing them simply by turning up. Hundreds of complaints (copied to Steve Lansdown) are literally the only way that the people in charge of the club realise what a mess the Commercial Department, under Sextone's leadership, is in.

Archived