IGNORED

No Queues This Afternoon

Maesknoll Red

I too was extremely surprised when I went to get my ticket this morning, went straight to the front of the queue and straight to the window to get a ticket.

This was at about 1145 this morning, and yes it was raining, but I was still quite surprised that there was nobody in the queue!!!

Oh and I took cash - fed up of getting charged for paying on plastic.

most places charge a fee to use their credit card

No they don't. Most places pay the fee themselves as a cost of doing business. Only when buying match/event tickets does it seem to be common practise. And I've never seen a fee for using debit cards anywhere else.

I really don't think people are that bothered, if it was the 1/4 final or semi final i could understand there being a queue for it.

Its only the 2nd round of the carling cup and if i get a ticket to go down it wont be because were playing the mighty man city it will be because i want to see city play.

A lot of people cant really afford £26 after forking out lots for a season ticket as little as 3 weeks ago.

• Admin
most places charge a fee to use their credit card

I grudgingly accept the charge on a credit card, but I initially offered a debit card, only when I was assured that the 5% charge applied to both, did I take that back & pay by credit card. It really wouldn't hurt to publish the card charges on the page giving ticket info, would it?

No they don't. Most places pay the fee themselves as a cost of doing business. Only when buying match/event tickets does it seem to be common practise. And I've never seen a fee for using debit cards anywhere else.

Football admin is stuck in the past - most items in everyday life are available online with out these payment fees.

Can you imagine ordering - say wine/tesco food /M&S Clothes/Next

And they say no problem - but you have to come to our warehouse on a Sunday/Saturday, Queue in the rain to collect the item and pay a 5% levy on top.!!

My wife works for RBS/NatWest - and confirms a business doesn't pay anywhere near 5% or £1-30 on a £26 switch payment.

It's a charge City make purely because they feel they can get away with it.

the biggest joke is that they used to charge a flat £1 per ticket for debit/credit cards but CS reduced this to 5% after complaints by fans (big deal £1 down to 90p when the tickets were £19) - now the tickets have gone up we'd bebetter off with the old £1 fee!

CR

I paid for four tickets and got charged a fiver on top!! Next time I think I will visit the cashpoint machine first. Surely it is more of a pain to the club if everyone comes armed with cash which they have to sort and bank. And wouldn't it be nice if someone behind the till actually looked interested, smiled and was generally polite when they were taking your £109. Colin Sextone literally couldn't run a p1$$-up in a brewery and would be sacked if I was running the club.

To be honest I would have thought that the club would prefer you to pay by card anyway, but charging 5% is

scandalous to say the least.

For example, most supermarkets hate you paying with cash because it means that they then have to pay the bank charges

to pay large amounts of cash into their accounts (also Securicor or whoever collects it as well)

This is why they are always so keen to offer you cashback at the till, to get rid of as much cash as they can.

I always used to buy my all of my tickets with cash (before I had a season ticket) to avoid City's fees for paying with

a card, how ridiculous in the 21st century.

I am sure the club are charged less then 50p for that transaction for a debit card. In fact if they have negotiated with their bank it could be as little as free.

I'm charged 18p per debit card on all transaction from 1p to unlimited amount,so the club are making over 300% profit

I'm charged 18p per debit card on all transaction from 1p to unlimited amount,so the club re making over 300% profit

This club is ripping off its fans at every given oppurtunity, is it right they were charging £1.70 for a bottle of water at the QPR game? personally after 35 yrs of supporting the club i will not be at the Scunny game or the more high-profile Man City game and have never felt more disillusioned with the club

Archived