IGNORED

Our Most Important Player

Gaffer

After another truely heroic display from our captain today, i firmly believe that Louis will be instrumental to our success this season. He has always been a whole hearted player, but as he matures he is starting to ooze class.

I lost count of the amount of times he intercepted the ball with astute reading of the play, and he has added a dimension to his game with the ball. i love to see him pushing on with the ball at his feet, starting attacks. His goal against bournemouth was a prime example!

I believe that if Louis stays fit, and not suspended, we'll be nowhere near the drop. More important than McCombe at the back.

So, who do you think our most important player is? Who would we struggle without?? :dunno:

I agree - Louis, Fontaine and Elliott to date.

May be more controversial but today I thought there were one or two glimpses of the extra dimension that Lee Trundle can and will add to our game. Made the goal, arguable case for a pen, and was off on a clear run at goal until another appalling refereeing decision to ignore the advantage rule and pull play back to give him a free kick. He wins us lots of free kicks, he always seems to take two markers with him, which opens space up for others to run into. Its still not quite clicking, but it will!!

Oh, and of course, Scott Murray - our secret weapon on the bench!!

I'm surprised to see Fontaine's name being touted as a key man to our team. Only 3 or 4 weeks ago there was some serious doubt on whether he was good enough for us, and now he's a key man. Funny old fickle game football eh?

That said, surely he wouldn't feature in our first choice back four of Orr Carey McCombe & McCallister?

We've got the makings of a great squad... :winner_third_h4h:

Guest Eddie_Mulcahy

I think it is trundle. He's one of the best players in the league and will be unlucky not to get the call for england imho. He is lovely to watch!

Guest Eddie_Mulcahy

I think it is trundle. He's one of the best players in the league and will be unlucky not to get the call for england imho. He is lovely to watch!

Whatever you say mate, until Lovejoy is England boss he's nowhere near the squad! Mind you, it was a delicious bit of skill for Murray's goal, and we should have had a penalty! Other than that...nothing!

Guest Eddie_Mulcahy
Mind you, it was a delicious bit of skill for Murray's goal,

I definately agree with that. Trundle is a great player, and he is my favourite.

After another truely heroic display from our captain today, i firmly believe that Louis will be instrumental to our success this season. He has always been a whole hearted player, but as he matures he is starting to ooze class.

I lost count of the amount of times he intercepted the ball with astute reading of the play, and he has added a dimension to his game with the ball. i love to see him pushing on with the ball at his feet, starting attacks. His goal against bournemouth was a prime example!

I believe that if Louis stays fit, and not suspended, we'll be nowhere near the drop. More important than McCombe at the back.

So, who do you think our most important player is? Who would we struggle without?? :dunno:

I didn't see yesterdays game but I was chatting to Louis a few days before QPR. He was absolutely chomping at the bit waiting for the season to start, he was as excited as any fan!

When he first returned from Coventry I did wonder if we had done the right thing by re-signing him, but since moving to the centre of defence he has made that position his own. Yes he does have attacks of the 'red mist' but he plays the game as passionately as he talks about it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

If he had managed to settle in Coventry he would probably still be there now as he's defintely good enough for the Championship, I am so glad he is now getting the chance with the club he obviously feels so much for.

Defenders don't often get the 'glory' that strikers for example do, but last season proved that they are just as vital to gain promotion. I hope McCombe recovers from injury soon as both him and Carey have a successful partnership.

Whatever you say mate, until Lovejoy is England boss he's nowhere near the squad! Mind you, it was a delicious bit of skill for Murray's goal, and we should have had a penalty! Other than that...nothing!

Thing is, though, if you get that twice a game, and two goals, does it matter if there's nothing else?

Players like Elliott are all about effort, workrate and consistency, whereas the Trundle's of this world are about flashes of brilliance that turn a game. Best sides have both - and hopefully that what's we're getting.

Thing is, though, if you get that twice a game, and two goals, does it matter if there's nothing else?

Players like Elliott are all about effort, workrate and consistency, whereas the Trundle's of this world are about flashes of brilliance that turn a game. Best sides have both - and hopefully that what's we're getting.

You're right. I probably didn't put it very well, but that it what you get from LT23. I thought he was playing poorly yesterday, but three bits of magic, the last one when he drove into the box before the inept referee pulled him back, are the difference at this level. I, and many city fans, would have learned alot about his game yesterday.

Team him up with sproule and it could be awesome...

I didn't see yesterdays game but I was chatting to Louis a few days before QPR. He was absolutely chomping at the bit waiting for the season to start, he was as excited as any fan!

When he first returned from Coventry I did wonder if we had done the right thing by re-signing him, but since moving to the centre of defence he has made that position his own. Yes he does have attacks of the 'red mist' but he plays the game as passionately as he talks about it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

If he had managed to settle in Coventry he would probably still be there now as he's defintely good enough for the Championship, I am so glad he is now getting the chance with the club he obviously feels so much for.

Defenders don't often get the 'glory' that strikers for example do, but last season proved that they are just as vital to gain promotion. I hope McCombe recovers from injury soon as both him and Carey have a successful partnership.

Carey is a pure football man, and he knows how fortunate he is to be playing for a living.

He's just bought my girlfiends dad's house, so i had the surreal experience of helpin him move stuff in whilst moving other things out, and he's just such a good bloke. Loves football and wont ever leave city. Even got me a signed ball from all the squad as a thank you.

Great bloke on and off the pitch.

agree with that just now. yesterday carey was outstanding, one of his best performances. if it weren't for him and weale being on top form, that mightve been a heavy defeat. would still welcome mccombe back over fontaine. mccombe and carey on form are pretty hard to beat.

I think our most important players are:

Louis Carey

Marvin Elliot

Michael McIndoe

All three add that extra quality and ability.

Carey is the heart of the defense IMO. Elliot is a hardworking, tough tackling and good in the air, we don't have his quality's from anywhere else in midfield. Also, I think McIndoe because he is a very good attacking option, I'd probably say he's our best attacking option. Always run at defenders, got a quality cross and can make things happen up front.

Without these three in the starting line up, we'd probably struggle to get anywhere in this division.

Archived