IGNORED

Sven V Gj

Port Said Red

I think the match up between the two managers is the most interesting part of the League cup encounter.

There probably isn't much difference in the way they go about their day to day work, but there seems to be a marked difference in how they recruit the players for their teams.

We all know that Johnson likes to have a chat with his recruits, judge their character face to face so to speak. The Jermaine Easter incident is always raised as the ultimate example, but even when asked about Vasko GJ said how he knew he was the right guy after talking to him.

Sven on the other hand seems content to take players on the say of others that he trusts and video evidence. Witness the Theo Walcott situation for England and more recently the new players he has brought in for Manchester City.

Obviously the money that Man City can command will bring a technically higher quality of player and Sven probably knows people with a great knowledge of what makes a player, but I would think that Johnson would argue that his approach would find us players that will stand up and be counted on a cold, wet December Tuesday night away at Barnsley.

Short term and over one game I think the odds will be with Sven, whether he has the right idea for the long term we will see.

How can anyone slag of Sven? Laugh if you may but behind Fergie, Clough and Jose I beleive Sven is on one of the best managers ever. His club record is brilliant, look what he did with clubs before he was England manager and you'd be suprised..He put together in my opninion a fanstaic England side with Gerrard, Lampard, Owen and Rooney the players who Sven was good enough to give a chance to. Look at his england record, we always qaulified for tournements, always got around the qaurters or semis and if it want for darn penalty shoot outs we could have made a final.. Yes Sven is quite but has one of the best tactical minds in the game and there is not many England players atol who have played under Sven who has a bad word to say about him..I really want Sven do take Man CIty to the top 5 this season and maybe the F.A cup (not the league cup of course!) so he can shut up all of his critics..Yes, Sven was paid off lots by england, but do you blame him for quitting, all the bad press, death threats and ect for a manager who only actually had a few bad results for england. Lets not forgett under Sven we beat Germany 5-1..That in my opnion makes Sven a legend.

Gary Johnson however, now where do I start. Very experienced in the lower leagues, taking Yeovil up form the conference to the league a huge achievment, a few good F.A cup runs with Yeovil, a promotion from leauge 1 to the championship with us. He is our own Sven but I do hope he is not ***** any F.A secretaries or ex Swedish tv presenters..

Sven 1 - 1 Gary Johnson

Archived