IGNORED

Louis Carey

Gazred

Whilst he has long been a capable and consistant player, from what i have seen and read about him this season, he seems to have really matured now into a complete defender for us and a worthy skipper. Its an added bonus that he is a Bristolian and has been loyal (bar that one incident!) to the club.

Long way to go this season and some quality attacking players to stop but i think he is going to cope well. Looking forward to seeing him play next week against Man C.

I am always happier to have Louis in the side and I think that Jamie McCombe improved a lot last season because of his partnership with Carey. The defence was the main reason we won promotion.

This is my first post and I am glad it is on a positive subject and not linked to any of the unnecessary negativity that saturates this forum.

I will cry if Louis gets injured any time soon, because he was nothing short of outstanding for us at the weekend.

[/quote

I will cry if Louis Careys heir apparent does not sign his contract soon. Keogh our 21 year old follow up to Carey now 31 ?

Dolly darling, Keoghs room mate in your avatar has had a sore groin since you put him there. Not suggesting anything other than its brought bad luck to his career and his groin.

Dolly darling, Keoghs room mate in your avatar has had a sore groin since you put him there. Not suggesting anything other than its brought bad luck to his career and his groin.

Well Scottys been in my sig for years now and its never done him any hard, you could even say I take an assist for it on current form.

He's been insirational since Johnson took over.

I think under Tinnion he took his foot off the gas, and was half hearted, in fact i thought we'd made a mistake bringing back a player on the decline. However, since GJ has been here, it's like having a different player. if it wasn't for his multiple bookings last year, he may well of carried off the Player of the year trophy :winner_third_h4h:

As i said on another thread, he's the most important player in our team.

Totally agree,he is now a very reliable member of our team and his experience will be valuable to us this season,same too for Scott Murray I feel both these players are City through and through now,you can see every time they play it's for the club and not the money.

McCombe back in the team is vital as him and LC have a great understanding,I'd like to see Keogh as the deputy though as he's a young defender who will probably assume Carey's role when he retires.

It would appear that like goalkeepers,centre halfs get better with age.

Archived